“A creep in Makati”

Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines
Ranked #41 of 85 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed 2 July 2012

This hotel is the substandard version amongst the substandard hotels of Manila. The building is ugly, the room I was given was stinking and look outdated. The bed was as good as jail cell one. TV remote didn't work. I gave up calling for assistance after twenty ring tones unattended. The bathroom and toilet were shabby with welcoming dark hair on the floor. The taxis working with the hotel will try to rip the tourist off with a 600 php fee to the airport unless you demand to have the meter working.
Flee this hotel even it is offered and paid for by a friend. It's a creep. On top of this, it isn't worth the US$ 50 I paid for... All in one: a real disaster!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank captainolive
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Dear Captain Olive

Thank you for taking the time to tell us why our service failed to meet your expectations.
We value your business, and would like to address your concerns as quickly as possible.
I understand your frustration, and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience it have caused you.

We are committed to you our valued guests, and are taking immediate corrective steps to regain your confidence in us.

Thank you again, for your honest feedback. I hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Our apologies again and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back here in our hotel to replace the negative impression with a more positive one.

Thank you.

Sincerely yours,

Maria Aurora Rementilla
Berjaya Manila Hotel

There are newer reviews for Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines

Reviewed 27 June 2012

Pretty convenient location. Everything's a walk away or 5 minute-taxi ride.
Staff are competent and knowledgeable. Service is great but not personal.
Rooms can be improved but you get what you pay for.

Stayed here with a a visiting client since I cannot accommodate him at home.
Comfortable, clean, good choice for a night or two.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Dear Mr. Pete Hansen,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your wonderful stay here in our hotel. I sincerely thank you for the kind words and the good comments about our staff that made your stay memorable and enjoyable.

I would like to thank you for your recent visit to Berjaya Hotel. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.
We are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Sincerely yours,

Maria Aurora Rementilla
Berjaya Manila Hotel

Reviewed 29 May 2012

Had a four night stay and it started off bad. Didn't have the room I reserved even though I called the day before to confirm, had to settle for two single beds. The hotel is old and needs updating, the hot water in the shower only lasts for a couple of minutes then its only warm. The room was average at best. The biggest issue was the food. We used room service a few times the first couple of days then gave up and went to local restaurants delivering. Each order was either wrong, cold or just not up to standard. They could not even give us a decent plate of french fries. I can't imagine a hotel that claims to be what they are with food so terrible. I travel quite a bit and use room service a lot, and I know sometimes things can go wrong, but this was horrible. I would never go back and would not recommend it to anyone. There has to be better choices in Makati.

Room Tip: Pick one in another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jim C
Reviewed 7 May 2012

My brother, me and our wives stayed here for 3 nights. After we left Berjaya Hotel unauthotized took out nearly 28000 PHP (app. 3600 DKK) on his creditcard. Now more than 1 month later and after a lot of trouble we finally got the money back.
First they denied, then they finally admitter, then they dragged it, then they claimed to have reverted the money, but to a wrong account. Finally we got the money back and an excuse, but we have had taxi and telephone expenses in connection with this experience. The hotel itself is of average standard. Our advice: Don't stay there

Stayed: March 2012
5  Thank Keld S
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I was not impressed with this hotel. They have a sign behind the front desk that claims their vision is to be the best regional hotel chain by 2015. they have a long way to go. this place is old, probably from the 1960s and have not up kept their rooms. Bed was hard and room was old. I can't believe I paid more than $80USD for this place. Try to find somewhere else if you can... or pay only a bit more and stay at the Mandarin Oriental which is just down the street. BTW - this hotel is very close to the red-light district, so you get a lot of sex tourists here. Gross!!

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Nick_ALT
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I have stayed here on April 16-20, 2012... Very cozy!!!..I like their bed..everyday they clean your room..they also have a bath tub (by the way I got the deluxe room)...very good food..peaceful..and secured (with double locks on the door)..they send newspapers everyday...very clean...with TV and mini ref...the location is also great coz' its near to the Ayala Makati Business area and Rockwell..also very very near to the Night clubs, bars, restos, etc.. but still peaceful to stay in..very accommodatin staff din..they had buffet breakfast included with varieties of food to eat..I met an American this morning (I just checked out) and he commends the hotel for good food and cleanliness... truly a proud Filipino hotel...! they also have swimming pools...

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank QueeneeMay
Reviewed 8 April 2012

i booked this hotel via agoda and got fantastic prices for a superior room compared to the rate if you book at the reception. the rooms are pretty large and equipped with all you need and expect of a best western member hotel. in room safe, king size bed etc. the breakfast buffet was included and the choice of cold cuts and hot dishes is international level. the lobby offers drinks and snacks and sometimes a piano player entertains the guests.there is a swimming pool in the 5th. floor but i did not try it . wi-fi is a bit too expensive but all in all i enjoyed my stay here and will come back for sure. the area around the hotel ( makati avenue ) offers all you need ( restaurants, atm's , massage, bars, eateries, nightlife entertainment and so on. its located in the heart of manila business area Makati City and not too far from the international airport of manila ( about 600 peso with airport taxi )

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo