“POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE”

Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines
Ranked #44 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed 3 September 2013

1. receptionist's customer service sucks
2. they don't know what they are doing.
3. even the guys who are opening the door sucks!
4. no one entertain my colleagues when they arrive at the hotel.
5. no available rooms for us when we arrive
6. room smell stinks
7. buffet breakfast sucks.

Room Tip: if you wanna stay in this hotel, better contact April Ang instead of talking to customer service or...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
NorazmanC, General Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write a comment about our hotel here in the trip advisor.

We do appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our services.

Our apologies for the inconvenience you went through during your stay. We sincerely hope that you would reconsider and give the hotel another chance to change whatever negative impression you may have. I would also like to personally meet you and extend our apology

Once again, thank you very much for your valuable comments. We will seriously look into your concerns and take the necessary actions to correct them.

Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Responsive service,good room,clean,strategic location. If you prefer to stay in hotel around Makati CBD area, Berjaya could be one of the choices. Affordable price and satisfied service. Many resto selections around, easy to get jeepney/taxi

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank ferdyhardianto

Dear Valued Guest,

Appreciate that you posted a review here at Trip Advisor complimenting the location, cleanliness and responsive good service of our Hotel.

We are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best to your business and personal endeavors.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

Generally, the hotel has gracious staff. The lobby's ambiance is such an Oriental classic. The room is very comfy and it offers stunning views of the metro skyline.

The only downside of this hotel is the traffic congestion. It's absolutely a nightmare!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
NorazmanC, General Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review here at trip advisor regarding your wonderful stay here in our hotel.

I sincerely thank you for the kind words and good comments about our staff that made your stay memorable and enjoyable.

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Stayed there 28 July-01 Aug 2013, I enjoyed staying there, the staff are very friendly and helpful, location is close to restaurants, supermarket. When I arrived on Sunday there's a Night BBQ Market only 3 minutes walk from the hotel. That was nice

The most impressive is the transport. I booked transport from the hotel and I had the best driver ever : Larry. He's nice, humorous and knows all places and the most important thing is I felt really safe.

The internet was not the best, the breakfast was so-so. I only had breakfast once there as I have to leave very early in the morning.

All in all, I wouldn't mind go back to Berjaya Makati Hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
NorazmanC, General Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Appreciate that you posted a review here at Trip Advisor regarding your wonderful stay here in our hotel.

I sincerely thank you for the kind words and the good comments about the great location and staffs friendliness of our hotel that made your stay memorable and enjoyable.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I'm Lucky to be an American Citizen Born in Kenya. I came here to meet with a lady I met online and have been talking for over a year on Skype. When the taxi pulled by the Hotel Entrance on my arrival day, a staff from Berjaya Rushed to open the Taxi door and another one was there ready to carry by bags to my room. The check in was very pleasant and I can say I never felt so much warm welcome in a hotel before in my entire life. The rooms are nice especially compared to the modest price I paid online. During my entire stay, I had a sustained VIP feeling due to staff opening the doors and holding the elevator for me and calling me sir as they placed their arms on their heart accompanied by a modest bow. I stayed in 15th floor and my room , bed, bathroom was always made promptly by staff that is very jovial and appears jovial at doing anything to make my stay better. The room service and food was very good. My crowning moment was when I we had a visitor and room service delivered free complimentary fruits just to help entertain my guest. The timing of this was so personalized to me for such a big hotel that my eyes welled up with gratefulness. I would never want to stay anywhere else and this hotel makes me want to return to Philippines so bad because I have never experienced such hospitality before. I would recommend this Hotel to my family and friends. My wish is one day I will return to Philippines and stay at this Hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
NorazmanC, General Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review here at tripadvisor regarding your wonderful stay here in our hotel. I sincerely thank you for the kind words and the good comments that made your stay memorable and enjoyable.

Comments like this continue to inspire us to do better in servicing our guests and clients. Rest assured that the compliments will be extended the people who helped to creating memorable total experiences to your stay.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

The hotel is in a good location for the Makati business district, and is on the lower limits of my acceptability scale, period. You get what you pay for, being self employed I don't have the budget for the Four Seasons.

Rooms are badly in need of refurbishment (and I'm talking about the refurbished rooms), hotel food is forgettable (buffet breakfast lousy and over-priced, supermarket on adjacent square a much better option), but the bed is clean and the price/location combination makes it hard to beat if you wish to avoid being stuck in traffic for 2-3 hours each day.

Internet connection is absolutely lousy, don't expect to be able to use skype or other software needing broadband. Lucky if all emails download. Worst time are evenings when all rooms are occupied.

Room Tip: The "de-luxe" rooms are the ones that have been re-furbished sometime in the last decade...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
NorazmanC, General Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments about our hotel here in tripadvisor.

Very much appreciate your comments about the great location of our hotel and great value for money.

As for the other comment that you mentioned have been brought to the attention of our related department. We are committed to you our valued guests and are taking corrective steps.

Thank you again, for your honest feedback, our apologies again and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back here in our hotel to replace the negative impression with a more positive one.

Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

I hv stayed heresy times. This time was a bad experience. The room was infested with bedbugs. I was bitten all over my back!! Made a complain and they upgraded me to another bigger room which I appreciate. However, the room was dated and pretty bare. It smell musky and mosquitoes all over. Ants were found around the table. Staff sorted this out by spraying insecticide and odor control upon my request promptly.
I think the hotel is slowly upgrading and renovating the rooms. But I would suggest that they should replace the bath towels as they were worn and thin!! Small upgrading will help to retain regular guests so they feel worth staying again. Having said that the staff were courteous and friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments about our hotel here in trip advisor.

The problems that you mentioned have been brought to the attention of our related department. I understand your frustration, and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience it had caused you.

As for your info we already started to replace all bath towels in the room.

We are committed to you our valued guests, and are taking immediate corrective steps to regain your confidence in us.