“could do so much better”

BSA Suites - Makati
Ranked #64 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed 19 June 2013

First off, let me talk about the good- this hotel is in a very nice location. It is close to the business area on Ayala and is also very near the Greenbelt Mall and numerous restaurants and cafes. I was on an upper floor where I was away from the noise and pollution of the street and had a good view. The doormen and desk clerks are very nice. Wifi and A/C both worked great.

However, many important things about the stay were disappointing. The room was not very clean when I arrived, and then housekeeping only came once during my stay. The included American-style breakfast and coffee was extremely bad, just a horrible way to wake up. It was delivered erratically, from five minutes early one day to 40 minutes late another day, and was always cold. The (un-airconditioned) hallways and lobby smelled really gross. The roof level garden area was all torn up and didn't look like it was going to be rebuilt any time soon (although the pool looked nice). The bed was not comfortable, and the hot water in the shower only lasted five minutes. The lighting in the suite was very poor, with no bedside reading lamp and dim lighting in the sitting room.

In all, this place is serviceable but I think there are a lot better places to stay in Makati at this price point.

Room Tip: upper floors have nice views of Makati and are away from street noise and pollution.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank inconsistency

Reviewed 30 March 2013

The Hotel is near to the Shopping mals and so it's a nice Location. The room is quit comfortable and ok for the Price. The Service was not so well. Sometimes the breakfast, which was not very good, came late or never. Also we have to ask for the house keeping sometimes, because they forgot to clean the room. Now and then we had littel visitors (cockroaches). The kitchen is not really to use, because there is no Equipment to cook anything. The Greenbelt Mall is on the other side of the street and you hear the Music from the Restaurants till 2 am, because the Windows not really keep the noise outside.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dorle G
Reviewed 26 March 2013

My husband and i stayed in the bsa suites on arrival in Manilla.
The room was large and had a fully functional fridge microwave ect. The bathroom sink however was very loose on the wall and the room could do with a recent dust and hoover!

We were only there two nights so we made do with the kitchen sink to brush our teeth ect.

This location is fantastic and is excellent value for money.

Makati and the Greenbelt shopping center is lovely. We had a wonderful two days here if it wasn't a 22 hour flight we would go back.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cherylina1
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Me and my husband used to stay at this place 4 or 5 times already. Whenever we fell like hanging out at Makati and staying overnight, we choose BSA Suites because the rate is very affordable.
I like the location very much because it is near our previous office, The Enterprise Center as well as the nice shopping centers (Greenbelt, Glorietta, Landmark).
The place is clean and simple. We do not have any bad review on the rooms/facilities.
On the other hand, we don't like the free breakfast being served because aside from the fact that the food is not hot or at least warm anymore, it tastes bland/no distinctive flavor. That is why we opt to dine in the restaurants nearby.
What I hate in this place (that is why we no longer book here anymore) is that we feel that the management has failed to train their staff on proper etiquette. We obviously look like a young couple and we hate the "obvious" stare from the security guard/janitor hanging out near the reception desk (instead of focusing on their post). What made this worst is that a security guard deliberately sang the "Like a Virgin" song simultaneous with us walking away. I wanted to go back and confront the person but my husband suggested me not to do so.
It would be better if management will conduct a briefing to their staff to avoid scenarios in which the guests will feel uncomfortable on their stay in their place.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Romina A
Reviewed 21 October 2012

This place has all the signs of being built with good intentions but time has not been gentle with the place. All the suites seems to be individual owners so decor varies. I was first booked in room that could best be described as a Romanian kitchen with a bed. I was since moved to a better (and lower price) studio further down in the building. A lot of noise from the garage.

If you are a business traveller and planning to stay for a longer period (I was there for 5 weeks) this is not the place. The hotel wifi only allow on device logged in per room, so if you have a mobile phone and a laptop you have to juggle the connection constantly. The connection is slow and unreliable (I have to use Skype from the office).

My room also sported a non-working cable box, so no business channels or international news available.

The breakfast is not for the faint of heart.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Cljnie
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Every three months, our office gets rooms for me and my office mates since the week of the quarter-end is very hectic for us. The default choice for our team is BSA Tower, but since it was fully booked that time, we got into BSA Suites instead. The location is just within Makati Central Business District so this set-up is perfect to save time and get us well rested rather than travel home go through traffic. Not really counting much on the service since we literally just use the rooms to sleep and a quick shower before getting right back to work.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2012

In a great location, very close to the Greenbelt shopping centre. The area is amazing- clean with heaps of dining options and spas nearby. The room was suburb. It was a huge 1 bedroom suite. Clean with great service. The pool on the roof it nice too. I wouldn't recommend eating the breakfast, and the lady on the front desk is a bit lazy- just kind of says 'no' to all requests. But for the price, you can not beat the location and the size! Great cable tv, but the internet was not free. I would recommend these apartments over a hotel, it's cheaper and you really get more for your money.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple