“Good business hotel with reasonable price”

Somerset Millennium Makati
Ranked #22 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed 18 September 2012

It is a decent and clean hotel located in central Makati. Close to many business-related places and very close to the Greenbelt Mall where one could find a good choice of restaurants. The journey to and from the Airport takes less than one hour. Staff is helpful and professional.
Two things need improvement - breakfast choice and pool area. Generally, for business trips it is recommended.

Room Tip: Don't take "park rooms" because it means "parking-view rooms" in fact, and t...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Artur D

Reviewed 4 September 2012

Got stranded at the office due to a typhoon last year. Normally our office gets rooms from either BSA Towers or BSA Suites when we need overnight accommodations but both of them were full that night so HR got me and my other teammates a room at Somerset Millennium instead. It was a good 10-minute walk from our office against strong winds and rain but for me it was better than having to brave the already flooded roads that time.

Price of the rooms was mid-range: not really a budget hotel, but not quite on the luxurious side yet. Although the rooms were big and the breakfast buffet commendable. Wasn't able to try out the facilities since all I did was take a shower and sleep.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank jbarracuda
Reviewed 29 August 2012

stayed for 3 nights in total. Staff were so good one gentleman even went out to get me a better exchange rate for changing currency. The staff were very helpful and the car service from the airports i would also recomend.
stayed in room 2405 and although it could do with a bit of an update, I thought that overall the room was excellent.
The hotel is ideally located in the business area and only a short walk to all of the popular shopping malls and resaurants.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank cbmilne
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Somerset Millenium was a decent and clean hotel, located near central business district and shopping centers in Makati.

Stayed here for three nights on a business trip. There were many other hotels to choose from but took this particular hotel due to its close proximity to the office I was visiting.

The room was clean and nicely organized. Internet was available through cable and wireless. Electrical plugs were US style so you may need to bring a plug adapter for your electric stuff. I didn't attempt to ask hotel to provide me with an adapter. They provided two bottles of complimentary mineral water.

Staff was friendly though service at the restaurant was a little slow. Had to ask and repeat asking for coffee to be served during breakfast. Did not eat here than for breakfast. Variety of breakfast dishes was good enough for a small restaurant.

Be ready for your luggage to be security searched by guards and sniffed by guard dog when you enter the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank edikp
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I live in Manila but I've stayed in a lot of local hotels. I stayed In this particular one for a week because it's close to the yoga studio where my workshop was. I didnt want to drive through traffic everyday so I booked a hotel. I reserved through phone but i never got to check the place out as they said it is some sort of a book and buy basis. I trusted that it would be a good hotel because of the chain brand.

It was a disappointment. I couldnt check out anymore because everything was paid for. The beds were uncomfortably hard and the blankets were too thin. I asked for a comforter but all they had was the duvet that covers the bed! If you get a twin room, the beds are too small you can fall off! So i had to request housekeeping to bringthebeds together. One time I ran out of toilet paper and asked housekeeping to bring some up, it came an hour after that they had to wake me up from my nap!

Doormen don't really open doors for you and don't assist you with an umbrella even if they see you walking under the rain. In fact, the hotel don't have umbrellas for you to borrow! When it rains, no car can go up the slippery parking ramp so you'd have to park in the streets and pay an hourly rate....and walk through rain. To top it all off, only two cars were in the parking level I was in, including mine, and they gave me a slot that's difficult to get in and out of. I requested a different slot and they won't give it to me. I don't understand why they won't since no one else was parking!

Breakfast was really bad too. And considering the price i paid, it was definitely not worth it. The only thing I can commend about this place is that after I gave them low scores in their feedback form, they made an effort to apologize to me through email and told me they would try to improve things over there. I really hope they did.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Stayed here several times for business on Ayala Avenue, which is a short walk away. Large rooms, quiet location, no award winner but clean and comfortable. Internet connection is average, but that's typical of Manila. Breakfast is very basic. If you just want fruit, perhaps buy it the night before from Rustons supermarket at nearby Greenbelt. The location to Greenbelt is a highlight; you will never starve! I liked the staff and would stay there again on my own if doing biz in Makati, but I wouldn't take my family there as a special treat.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Have stayed here several times for business.

The hotel is all suites with, I believe, quite a few permament residents. Rooms are relatively large and are nicely fitted out - beds very good and is room quiet.

I have only used the restaraunt for the buffet breakfasts, which was reasonably good although choices have been limited to 5 - 6 dishes from the buffet.

Location is fairly close to the major malls and there are numerous restaraunts nearby.

Internet is free and passwaords are provided when you ask during check-in.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business