Somerset Millennium Makati
Shangri-La.com
US$146
US$52
Agoda.com
City Garden Hotel Makati(Makati)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$67
US$167
US$144
US$148
US$75
Agoda.com
Artina Suites Hotel(Makati)(Great Value!)
US$39
US$32
US$142
US$111
Travelocity
All reviewsgreenbelt mallquiet streetserviced apartmentbedroom unitconvenience storeking size bedfamily martgreen beltsmall kitchenwalking distancebottled waternice stayhome away from homebuffet breakfastfront officeenjoyed my staylate check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I had 4 nights at the Somerset Millenium Makati - overall I would rate my stay as very good. Staff are friendly and willing to provide good info on the surrounding areas. The rooms are well furnished with all necessary amenities.
Wifi was excellent, as was the security.
Maybe the only downside was the breakfasts - quite boring and limited range available.
It's in a great location, a quiet area but very close to the Greenbelt shopping complex - only a 3 minute walk away.
The spa was closed for refurbishment.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Mike K
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I wasn't happy when I stayed here because the restaurant and bar were closed for renovation, yet I still paid the normal room fee for our stay. For lunch and dinner we had to eat out every time which was very inconvenient as we had an 8 week old baby with us. The breakfast area was set up temporarily in a medium sized room, and the food was probably the worst I've had in the Philippines (I've stayed at over 20 hotels throughout the Philippines over the past 2 years).

Because we hadn't booked directly with the hotel we had to pay an additional charge for the Wi-Fi which was 650php per day (£9 / $14).

A hotel employee came to our room on the first day and asked what time we'd like our room to be cleaned every day. We said 12 noon would be fine. The day later they came at 11am, then every day after that they came at 3pm.

I probably won't stay at this hotel again.

Pro's:
Friendly staff.
Good location, close to Greenbelt Mall.
Clean hotel.

Con's:
Very high Wi-Fi prices unless you booked directly with the hotel.
Extremely slow elevator service (Sometimes waiting up to 3 minutes).
Paper thin walls separating rooms.
Doors make a loud noise when closing (even when trying to close it gently).
No bathroom kits (toothbrush, toothpaste, shower gel, etc).

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MARKOVANH
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We stayed in this facility for close to 4 months. The only good part was that our room had an attached balcony where I spent most of my time. The breakfast buffet was neither a good spread nor a fresh one. the menu looks repetitive throughout the week. Housekeeping service is pretty disappointing too where you have to chase to get a neat and clean room and is also dependent on the staff personnel cleaning. Cleanliness was also an issue. Restaurant was quite unkemmpt. Corridors were suffocated because of no ventilation. The location of this hotel was prime as it had Greenbelt & Ayala malls nearby, in 500m to 1 km range. Internet connectivity was limited to room only and only 1 connection per room could be used, multiple users not allowed. Gym had basic equipments.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank BhavnaVishal
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I last stayed here last in 2009 and I again enjoyed my recent 3 night stay here.

I booked via the Asia Travel Crazy Rate 4 Star Makati (Mystery) Apartment Hotel at greatly reduced rate including breakfast for 2.

I was surprised about several ordinary reviews regarding the hotel. Rooms were fresh and looked to be recently rennovated. Certainly not dated as suggested by some prior reviewers. Location a short stroll to Greenbelt 1. Location in a very quiet street. Across the road is a mini mart. Massages and Beauty Parlor in the same street. No free wifi but a computer in the business centre can be used at no cost.

Breakfast needs improving with no real bacon in the buffet and very limited choices.

All in all a great hotel and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tommomelbourne
Reviewed 3 December 2013

These serviced apartments have received some negative comment on TripAdvisor with some reviewers suggesting that the rooms were drab and outmoded.

With the exception of an old style CRT television set, this was not my impression.

The apartments are about four minutes' walk from the excellent Greenbelt 1 to 5 shopping and restaurant complex that also has a Catholic chapel at which priests regularly say Mass.

Accessing reception is via about six steps from Aguirre Street: it lacks a ramp.

The reception staff lacked a smile, but the girl was fairly efficient.

My 20th floor room was accessed via a quiet, carpeted corridor.

The bedroom was a reasonable size and had what appeared to be newish wardrobe doors along with older other joinery. There was a microwave, some plates, bowls and cutlery, while the fridge worked acceptably.

The bedroom curtains effectively blocked out light. There was a bedside alarm clock, probably redundant in the age of smartphones and tablets. The window had a pleasant view onto Washing H. Sycip Park across the back street.

Lighting was all indirect and fine. There was a reasonably sized sturdy writing desk.

The bathroom had a full bath with incorporated shower that was difficult to climb into because the ledge that acted as a retaining wall was fairly high and unusually wide. This rendered the apartment unsuitable for the disabled.

Hot water flowed well. Shampoo and soap were in fixed dispensers, not my favourite system.

Lighting in the bathroom was also fine.The bedroom and bathroom were properly cleaned.

At no time did I hear any noise from other rooms.

The 10th floor has a clean lap pool.

Breakfast was on the second floor in an area seating about 40 that was a bit dingy.

There were pancakes available and an egg station with a chef along with a very limited selection of cereals. No yoghurt was on display but on my second day, one of the staff had some so I took one. Breakfast was more aimed at Filipinos than foreigners.

The bellboy was efficient at storing luggage. Checkout was very quick with no 'room check' (thank goodness). The girl was friendly when she fixed an Internet problem (see below).

The lobby had an Apple laptop for guests' complimentary use. The connection was fast. There was also a small ground floor guests' lounge with pleasant armchairs. It was not being used as a waiting area as chairs in the lobby served that purpose.

Going to the airport, the bellboy found a higher rate yellow airport taxi but not many taxis go past, so either allow a little extra time for one to do so or walk to Greenbelt and find one there.

This is a well located, quiet complex that deserves a higher rating on TA. It was full on the first night (a Friday) that I stayed.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple