“Dirty, loud, terrible stinky old room”
Review of Dusit Thani Manila

Dusit Thani Manila
Ranked #18 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I prepaid my room for first night. Upon ck in, the hotel could not confirm my reservation and charged me a second time. The hotel reservation staff was rude there dress was shabby. After arguing for
45 minutes I finally got to my room. it was DIRTY, LOUD, TERRIBLE CONDITION and very
STINKY. I did check out the next day. For a big name hotel it gave a very low quality product.
a lot of money. I will never go there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank boom1818
Dusit M, General Manager at Dusit Thani Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Boom1818

Thank you for your recent review and I am sorry that you encountered some problems with your accommodation and please allow me to apologise for this.

I have asked that your room be taken out for review and rectification to prevent any potential further issues with guests experiencing a similar issue.

We are now about to undertake a substantial uplift programme at the hotel which will incorporate our accommodation room types which will address many of your concerns.

I do hope that you will consider returning later in the year once we have completed our first phase.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Over the past few years we have always been staying at this hotel during our visits to Manila. Although a big hotel, the service is always dedicated, efficient and friendly. The location of the hotel can hardly be better, with Glorietta, Greenbelt and SM malls very close to the hotel. We normally book the junior or executive suite, as they are very spacious. Furniture in the rooms is getting little outdated, but the value is still very good and everything in the room is properly working.
We do like the Italian and Japanese restaurant. Atmosphere and quality of the food is great value and a very welcoming change to the usual fast-food chains in Manila. At Tosca, the Italian restaurant, they serve the perfect espresso and even Amaretto.
Breakfast is also available with a great variety of food to everybody's taste, although during rush hour the breakfast can be a bit chaotic.

Service is efficient and friendly. Omissions are usually taken care of professionally and resolved very soon.

During Christmas, we attended the "Christmas High Tea" with my daughter in the hotel lobby bar, with story telling, decorating ginger bread, meeting Teddy and even....Santa Clause. She enjoyed it so much.

Few points for improvement:
Once it happened that the room was not ready upon check in, while we already indicated our check in time. It took 1.5 hours to get the room ready for us. With the shopping malls so near, not really a problem for us although I feel that this should not happen.

Secondly, when booking the Christmas rush package we felt that the distinction between a junior suite and an executive suite is not always clear. We booked an executive suite for early December, but we did not get the shower room and bath separated, so I think we got a junior suite instead.

Last but not least, we have booked for a rollaway bed, but upon arrival they were not available anymore. With apologies a matrass on the floor was offered at no cost instead of the usual charge (rollaway bed costs normally PHP 1,500/night). Perhaps it was caused by the busy Christmas days, but I would not expect this in such a good 5-star hotel.

Concluding, good value for money with very spacious rooms, good and accurate service and great location.

Room Tip: spacious rooms and the location near the malls is perfect
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Dusit M, General Manager at Dusit Thani Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Ronald S

Thank you for the review of the hotel following your recent stay with us and I am pleased that you overall enjoyed the experience and rated us so highly.

I have noted the comments and improvements we could make and I will ensure as a management team we take these on board and look to improve on those aspects.

We do hope you will be back with us in the near future and thank you once again for the review.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Awsome hotel as person who travels here on business several times a year I have started to build relationships with the staff at Dusit. I have been there on several of my birthdays which they are kind enough to take time to make this a special day for me. This hotel is home away from home for me and would not consider staying anywhere else even if I had to pay out of my own pocket as all my stays are business related.

Food is fantastic great selection and all staff especially Venus and Kimberly are great!!!!

Pretty woman to look at, great food to eat, and great location can't beat it!!!

Room Tip: Gotta go for the upper club level rooms more closet space..
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Dear ELG884

Thank you for your super review of Dusit Thani following your most recent stay.

I am so pleased to read that you found all the aspects of our Club Floor and Lounge to be of a high standard and I will be sure to share the comments with the team.

We look forward to your returning for another stay soon.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Stayed here countless times, and I still love the location across SM grocery, and other malls....
We got early checked in and requested to use the breakfast on the same day without any problem. We seriously enjoyed it until 10AM, and 3-4 cups of coffee later...sorry, we just wanted to enjoy, cause it's like $27.00/ extra person, but I got 2 free with my room.
The breakfast buffet is still great as ever, service with a smile ( hi to Noodle Station Girl, with braces...sorry I didnt write your name, she always smile and explains the options on the noodle station. :)
The room we got was in the 4th floor, I think we got upgraded to a JR Suite (thank you!) and it's great, with the view of Edsa, which I didnt care much, but the bed was comfortable, the bathroom had upgrade toiletries ( by L'Occitane collection) and the water pressure on the shower is definitely right on the spot. I had to leave at 3 AM check out due to a early flight to go to a different island.
What really touched me during this trip, was two weeks later, I came back , to make sure the account was settled while I was gone, and they still took care of the situation without any delay or issue, and they let my luggage stay for a few hours, while I go shopping, prior to going back to get another flight to california.
All these, I really appreciate.
I will continue to come here, not because there's no choices, cause this area probably has 15 plus hotels with similar amenities, but because I do find the staff accomodating towards the guests. Thank you so much.
Next time though, will def check the spa facilities....

Room Tip: must try buffet breakfast
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Dear Bing2006

thank you so much for the wonderful review following your stay with us.

It is always such a pleasure to see when we have exceeded guests expectations and I am delighted that you will choose to come back and visit us again.

We will be sure to pass on your thanks to our staffs in the Basix restaurant who assisted you so admirably.

You must try our Devarana Spa which is such a great place of peace and tranquility with fabulous treatments and staff to match.

We look forward to your returning in due course.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I daughter invited me to stay with her in Dusit during her vacation. At first I was hesitant because I really don't want to stay in Dusit since I knew its a old hotel. When we check in on the 16 th floor I was amazed for the lounge, it's big and with good view. I also surprised from the day that we check in until we check out the staff are very accommodating, they will offer drinks and something to eat. I remember Venus with the good smile and the manager Kristine who make coffee for us and serve.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear C M

Thank you for your wonderful review and 5 star rating, we are most grateful.

I was delighted to read that we were able to change your opinion of the hotel and that you were impressed with our Club Lounge and all facilities.

I was particularly pleased to see that the staff had made such a positive impact and I will be sure to share this feedback with them.

We look forward to your returning to us soon.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

The hotel location is just outstanding! Across the street are the malls, restaurants which are all connected by overpass which is so convenient. I felt very secure from the security guards which amazed me on how they could remember a person that is checked in the hotel. The back entrance security guards even assist you crossing the street and if raining they will cross the street and pick you up with their umbrella! The room is old however they compensate with their impeccable services and employees will always greet you with a smile. Cleanliness of the room is okay but could be improved (lacking on attention to detail). Surprise about the elevator assists which is a big plus because they just make you feel welcome. The back entrance needs improvement of the employees assisting the customers to open the door especially when you're carrying bags. Food is just fantastic with so much variety! Highly recommended to everyone!

Room Tip: Higher floor for excellent view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dusit M, General Manager at Dusit Thani Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear Juno154

Thank you for the great review following your stay with us.

It is always so pleasing to read when our staff have excelled and guests have enjoyed their stay with us.

I have noted your comments on the cleanliness of the guestroom and have shared these so that we can improve the most important area.

Your tip to stay on the higher floors for the excellent views is definitely a must for travelers and might I suggest that next time you try our Club floors with access to our unique Club Lounge experience which I am sure you will enjoy.

My very best to you for the New Year ahead.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

I recently had the opportunity to stay at the Dusit Thani in Makati, and it was an Awesome experience. From the moment you are greeted at the from door as you proceed to the reservations counter, and onward to your guestroom the entire team made me feel as though they were were very happy that I was staying at the hotel. Each of the restaurants are amazing and there are quite a few of them on the premises so be prepared to enjoy some very good delicous meals, special thanks to Glaiza from Basix. This leads me to the next part the Fitness center has everything you need to keep you fit during your stay, the entire team is extremley knowledgable on fitness and very welcoming you will enjoyed the experience. I must also mention the Dusit Club experience, with special thanks to Celine, Venus, Kimberly and Christine the Team Leader what a great Team. None of this would have been possible without the "Outstanding Sales Team, special thanks to Ms Patty Villareal and Jhen Pelasz for an exceptional service. No reason to stay anywhere else the Dusit Thani Makati has it all

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice, however if you opt for the Deluxe rooms or Club level you will find them wel...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Dusit M, General Manager at Dusit Thani Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Dear TL c

Thank you for the wonderful review following your recent stay with us!

It is always such a pleasure to read when guests have had a great stay experience and that staff in particular have made this so special. We will be sure to recognize those employees you have mentioned who made your visit that little more special.

We look forward to your returning in the near future.

My thanks once again and a Happy New Year!