“Worst Hotel”

Ranked #17 of 82 Hotels in Makati
Makati
“Worst Hotel”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I stayed at Dusit Thani Manila on 2nd feb and also 2 nights on 5th feb. I booked two rooms ech night. I have stayed at this hotel twice a year for the past 10 years. It has been wonderful but this trip was the worst. I am a Wine & Dine guest renewing yearly. I have the complimentary vouchers to be able to be upgraded to the club room + club facilities which was given to me every time I stayed there. But this time the staff at the club lounge rejected my requests and she was so rude and even roll her eyes in answering to my questions. Is this what you have trained your staff? she asked for evidence and I showed her the terms & condition layed out in the email that was sent to me but she does not want to honour it , keep telling me it was the 'before' Wine&Dine and now everything has changed. But my membership has not expired and she should honour what is written there. Then I went downstair and met Ms Jeane, the Manager and she helped me.
I book accordingly to the requirements stated meaning I book the Dusit Best rates so that I can avail the club room. Otherwise I had another option to book from Agoda which has a better rate. I am fed up of this and will not stay there again. I am actually writing for a magazine which wants me to promote a good hotel in Makati and having stayed in Dusit before, I highly recommend your hotel. Can you imagine what I will write? You wouldn't want to know and Malaysians in future will not want to stay in Dusit Thani anymore. There are so many good hotels nearby.

Room Tip: Rooms are kept clean at all times but it takes a long time for the Housekeeping to come and get the...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Peck Yoon Suzan... C
Dusit M, General Manager at Dusit Thani Manila, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Ms Peck

Thank you for your review following your stay with us and I am disappointed that you feel so strongly about the upgrade situation you encountered upon arrival.

Whilst you have in the past been granted an upgrade this would have been as a part of your Dusit Gold Card benefits and on the occasion in the past that the Dusit Wine and Dine issuer had provided you with an upgrade voucher.

I am sure that Jhen has explained the procedure and entitlements regarding Club Lounge access however I would like to extend to you the offer of an upgrade to a Dusit Club Deluxe room on your next stay as a gesture of goodwill for the many years of loyalty you have shown the hotel. Should you wish to accept this please contact my personal assistant, Chona Martinez who will assist in reserving the accommodation for your preferred dates.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back and restoring your faith in Dusit as you have enjoyed on so many previous occasions.

general Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Me and my husband stayed in Dusit for 5 days, we booked the hotel through internet but when we arrive in the hotel the bill for the room is 200$ more which they say is taxes,and told us that they upgrade us to bigger room. They upgrade us to bigger room but the room have damp smell and toilets are always wet as the shower is always leaking and we always have to be careful walking coz my daughter nearly slip,even when you go out in the corridor it smells so bad, the building look rundown needs maintenance,furnitures smells so damp aswell.

In check out counter you better check you bill, coz they charge us 2,000pesos more which they told me they going to refund it as it is the incidental deposit but untill now i havent received any refund but i have noticed they already get all the payments for the duration of stay. Which irritates me how easily for them to take money but takes no action to the refund!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mhae B
Dear Mhae B

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. I am sorry to learn that you found aspects of the room to be disappointing and I have immediately asked for my Chief Engineer and Executive Housekeeper to review these concerns with the guestroom. I am please to say that there is no damp or mould and we have adjusted our airflow to ensure that there is no further recurrence of this issue.

In regards to the deposit requested on check-in. This is a standard procedure employed by all reputable hotels and companies who request a deposit upon arrival. I am sure that your issuing bank will release these funds back to your account shortly. It is not the responsibility of the hotel to do this although we do inform those card issuers of funds unused.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Stayed at the Dusit Thani, Makati for just one night and once again I was not disappointed. The room was spacious and clean. The bed was a king size and I had a very comfortable sleep. Location is fantastic as the malls and restaurants are just at your doorstep. I cannot fault this hotel and I would come back and stay here again. Highly recommend!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Cherryvenagum
Dusit M, General Manager at Dusit Thani Manila, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear Cherryvenagum

Thank you for the wonderful review and comments and I look forward to your returning to Dusit Thani Manila in the coming months ahead.

Makati
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I stayed in Dusit years ago and really loved it then so I came back last month only to be disappointed the hotel needs a major refurbishment. Dont bother paying extra for upgrade. The breakfast was good and of course the location.

Room Tip: As long as your not bothered the room is ok.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo

2 Thank Gemli
Dusit M, General Manager at Dusit Thani Manila, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear Gemli

Thank you for taking the time to review and I am sorry that you found the accommodation to be of a lower standard that your previous visit.

I can tell you that we are now starting a programme of improvement across many areas of the hotel including our guestrooms and we expect to have the first phase completed later this year.

We would very much like you to return and experience not only our great service but also our renewed guestrooms and also new Dining Outlet that will open mid way through the year.

Dededo, Mariana Islands
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

The room and the staff of hotel were amazing. Being able to rest in Manila can be a challenge, but not at this hotel

We arrived on the 28th and were upgraded to the executive floor with access to the 17th floor lounge that provides food and beverages throughout the day

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dusit M, General Manager at Dusit Thani Manila, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear Rob Guam

Thank you for your five star review of the hotel and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and The Club Floor and Lounge facilities.

We look forward to your returning in due course and our thanks once again for taking the time to review Dusit Thani Manila.

Seminyak, Indonesia
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here during my business trip to Manila and I can say that this hotel is one of the best in Makati area. What I like the most from this hotel is the location. Only a few step away to restaurant, coffee shop, mall (green belt is the best), nightlife or even convenient store. All within walking distance which was very convenient for me when stayed there.
Their staff also very friendly, helpful and always smile when they meet their guest.
Overall this is a good choice when you go to Makati

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dusit M, General Manager at Dusit Thani Manila, responded to this review, 2 February 2014
Dear I Puta Yudia H

Thank you for the great review and I am pleased that you found not only our location but the hotel to meet your needs whilst in Manila.

We look forward to you staying with us again in the year ahead.

Cainta, Philippines
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Excellent and extraordinary, these are two words that would define my stay with Dusit. All of the staffs were very friendly and treated me as if I'm part of the family, yet with so much professionalism!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Dusit Worldwide Co. Ltd

Dusit M, General Manager at Dusit Thani Manila, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Gilberto G

Thank you for the glowing review and delighted that you so enjoyed your stay!

We look forward to your return in due course and please do recommend us to your friends and colleagues traveling to Manila.