“nice hotel”

Ranked #17 of 82 Hotels in Makati
Makati
“nice hotel”
Reviewed 2 September 2014

love the buffet, good food, relaxing atmosphere. nice service, good staffs, convenient location, near shopping mall, restaurants, safest part of Manila. accessible through public transportation, near mrt, buses, jeeps and taxis..

Room Tip: walking distance to Makati Business District.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dusit M, General Manager at Dusit Thani Manila, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear Suzette T

Thank you for the great review and comments on our staffs service provided during your recent visit.

Alex Willats

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
West Covina, California, United States
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Christian C. from customer service front dust
Supper good very helpful and accommodating. Also very friendly all-time smile. I will book again with this hotel. I will recommend this hotel with my friends.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Nonnie S

Thank you for the great review and comments on our staffs impeccable service provided and the outlets.

I am delighted to see you will be returning and please do recommend Dusit Thani to your colleagues. We thank you for your support and look forward to welcoming you back.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 1 September 2014

The staff serving us either from front desk,restaurant,housekeeping and room services are all gentle and polite.
However some renovation will definitely make the hotel even better.
Location is great.
Will consider to stay there again on my next visit.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear YuenFongNg

Thank you for the great review and comments on our staffs impeccable service provided.

I am delighted to confirm that improvements are currently underway and I am sure you will see these over the coming months ahead.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Dusit is a solid hotel. The location is nice, across the street from Glorieta Mall. The two best things about the hotel are the customer service, and the breakfast. Every employee here is professional and friendly. The breakfast buffet is outstanding. Only the Manila hotel has a better breakfast buffet. The rooms are above average size, but need refurbishment. The rooms feel a little old. For the price, Dusit is a good value.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank csalonga89
Dusit M, General Manager at Dusit Thani Manila, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Csalonga89

Thank you for the wonderful comments following your stay with us.

We shall endeavor to improve our breakfast buffet and hope we can eclipse others and make ours the best in Manila.

We look forward to you welcoming you back.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

We always pay a visit to Philippines every year and we have tried many reputable hotels around this particular area. Numerous good restaurants are situated in Greenbelt which we could meet up our friends easily while my wife always enjoys the shopping experience in Glorietta.
Check in is fast and efficient, concierge is fluent in both english and chinese. The staffs are truly friendly, we are greeted with warm smiles everywhere we go. Moreover, there are performances by the staffs playing different musical instruments at the lobby making the whole environment even more relax and enjoyable. The only problem we had at the lobby is the scent of the hotel, the smell is too strong that both me and my wife had a hard time adapting it and we got a bit dizzy.
The room is spacious with a big bed and properly clean but looked a bit old especially the bathroom. The bathroom do not have a proper fix standing shower head and the bathtub is yellowish in colors which we doubt its hygiene condition.
Breakfast is fantastic! cheer our day! super rich and a wide variety of choices!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Vanadiumho

Thank you for the great review and I have noted your comment on the strength of the scenting we have in the lobby of the hotel. We have adjusted this and hope that it will be more amenable to you the next time you visit.

Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Being able to go to different sorts of hotel around the metro, I have been to almost all the reputable hotels in the metro and am looking forward to our stay here, however, I was very much disappointed. The room is very old and is definitely showing its age.

Upon arriving, no one was outside to help us with the luggage, check in was fast but we weren't asked to make an incidental deposit, so all the mini bar items were removed in the room. Food selections are okay. My only concern was the room and the bathroom. Very old and the door is almost gonna fall off. Creaking sound on the AC. Disappointed.

The only good thing with the hotel is the location. Lobby is beautiful and grand but rooms need total make over. Overall, I do not recommend this hotel and I will definitely not going back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank time_traveller123_11
Dusit M, General Manager at Dusit Thani Manila, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Time_traveler_123

Thank you for your review and I am sorry that you did not enjoy stay experience. It is most certainly not the memory one wishes for any guest to leave with.

We are currently in the process of renovating fully in excess of 200 guest rooms which will include all new bathrooms as well as additional features within the guestrooms and corridors.

You may also be interested to know that we shall also be opening a new Market Dining concept in the early part of 2015 and we would urge you to come back and try the hotel again.

We are committed to providing the quality and luxury travelers such as yourself demand in all areas of the hotel and thank you for your comments which we shall take on board with the management and staffs of the hotel.

Switzerland
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I've stayed here before flying back to CH as I like the location,although some things from the bathroom were quite old & need replacing.Just like the shower top & the bath tub was not that clean enough.I checked in fine.The only thing I didn't like during my stay was the Chef in the kitchen during breakfast.He seemed to accommodate the foreigners more.I was in the queue first,when a foreigner ordered something and his order was taken first than mine.As a Filipina I found it rude,that they treat foreigners as VIP.So far,the breakfast was good w/c I like but the waiters are not attentive.I think they should improve on this one.I went for spa which was very good.The only thing was,I really like the hairbrush they have as I was holding it while settling my bill,the woman noticed it and asked me to bring it back.I said I wanted to ask if I can get it or buy it.She asked the manager and they said that they can't as they order it special from a manufacturer.I find it pity for such a 4-5 star hotel and simple things like this they can't give it away to their clients.Usually with the category they have,they will offer this to their clients.Oh well!But all in all my stay was good except on my last night I was bitten by a mosquito from the bar which caused me an infection & almost got me to the hospital. I suggest that they should do something in their bar as there are lots of mosquitoes.The entrance is pretty and nice but I have a feeling that the place itself is not well maintained.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank tintincute
Dear Tintincute

Thank you for your review and please allow me to apologise for the issue of attitude of our Chef during the breakfast service. We certainly do not favour international travelers over our local residents and we will be sure to remind all staff to treat each of our guests with the same level of attention, courtesy and dignity one would expect when staying with us.

In regards to your insect bite we have stepped up our campaign of spray control and will be mindful of these insects entering from our garden side and staff to be more aware of dealing with these. I do hope that you recovered from the bite and please accept my apologies for this as I can understand the discomfort an incident such as this can cause.

We are in the process of making numerous upgrades to the hotel and I urge you to revisit us the next time you are in Manila to see what we are doing to improve the experience for our guests. I am sure we can also find a hairbrush/ comb that you could take as a memento of your visit the next time you are in Dusit Thani.