“Perfect Anniversary Staycation”

Ranked #19 of 82 Hotels in Makati
Makati, Philippines
“Perfect Anniversary Staycation”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Almost everything is perfect!
From a hassle free booking via email, from check in to check out. Rooms are spacious and it has this ambiance that you are just at home with a touch of minimalistic design and luxury. If you want to take a dip why not visit their pool on the roof top, clean and so refreshing, just make sure that you have your camera to capture the view of Makati skyline. Staff are friendly and pleasant looking. Buffet breakfast is sumptuous. Location is just perfect. We really love the place and we will surely go back.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ferdinand James M
pbartholomi, General Manager at Y2 Residence Hotel, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for selecting Y2 Residence Hotel for your "staycation"
We are happy you have enjoyed your stay.

We hope to welcome you back soon. Sincerely.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 21 August 2014

It was my first time in Y2 and in the vicinity of Makati Avenue, it's worth the money and the place was so cool. Big space, very clean, comfy bed and i love the pillows that give me a good night sleep, and cute swimming pool, nice gym... The reception during check-in was easy and the check-out was also very cool thanks to "Diego", I appreciate your hospitality and also the bellboy and the guard esp. the lady guard on duty...Special thanks to the housekeeping department including the maintenance of the hotel, i love you guys and you never get tired of my weakness...Thanks a lot to my new found friend Yan-yan and to handsome and very kind Executive Housekeeper Mr. Allan Dollesin, thanks a lot for being so open-minded you're the best and thanks a lot for accepting my suggestion regarding OJT...I'm looking forward to see you again soon and hopefully met Mr. Edison G. Rosales..Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart..I'll be back soon...

Room Tip: 1708 best room...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sophia117
pbartholomi, General Manager at Y2 Residence Hotel, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you whole heartedly on behalf of the Team of Y 2 Residence Hotel.
Your experience sharing is a morale booster for all of us and will help us to continue giving the best service to you and all our guests.
We hope to see you back very soon. Sincerely,
United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for 10 nights in a one bedroom apartment. Arranged airport transfer for when we arrived in Manila and the driver arrived on time to collect us. On arrival, our bags were taken and check in was an easy and quick. Deposit of 1000 PHP per night which had not previously been mentioned to us, but this was not a problem. Bell boy then brought our bags up to our room and did not expect a tip.
Room was clean and spacious with a sofa, flat screen TV, kitchen, dining table and in room safe. Hotel staff always happy to help.
Hotel is located close to two malls, and although these have lots of shops and restaurants in, the Glorietta Mall is only a 20 minute taxi ride away in good traffic and has even more restaurants such as TGI Friday and Outback Steakhouse.
Only thing I will suggest is to ALWAYS make sure you get a metered taxi or you will be ripped off! We visited Boracay for two days so needed transport to and from the airport. Going to the airport, it cost 750 PHP in a non metered taxi, and on return to the hotel it cost 800 PHP (after haggling, started at 1200PHP!) On departure, we got a metered taxi to the hotel for just 175 PHP.

Would highly recommend this hotel. Staff are very welcoming, food is good with a wide variety and the hotel is within a good location. However, if you are not familiar with the area, get a business card from reception so it is easy to direct taxi's back as it is not yet very well known.

Looking forward to returning for two nights on September 6th!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
pbartholomi, General Manager at Y2 Residence Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Guest,

We are glad you have enjoyed your stay in Y2 Residence Hotel and we are also looking forward to welcome you back very soon.
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this humble but beautiful hotel from August 8-10,and i love it.It's not perfect but it's beautifully done.The rooms i mean are gorgeous.Well designed and i love the decors.It's class! The staff oh Yeah,they are the best asset of the Y2.i rate them perfect 10.Very helpful,friendly,curteous and above all theyr'e honest.Keep up the good work guys.Many of my friends were asking about Y2 and i'm not going to hesitate to recommend it.By the way i love my room 1204 on the 12th floor.Pls.reserve for me the next time i come around!God bless guys...

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
pbartholomi, General Manager at Y2 Residence Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at Y2 Residence Hotel.
We hope to welcome you back once more very soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Spent 10 nights at the Y2 in August and it was perfect. I had a one bedroom apartment which was spacious, well lit and adequately equipped with a kitchen as well as flat screen TV in the living room area. The service in the hotel was faultless and the staff, particularly Allan and Diego, were extremely helpful for the duration of our stay. I found that they went out of their way to help me and make sure I was comfortable at all times. There is a variety of food served for breakfast and there is something available to cater for everyone's preferences. The pool and spa facilities are lovely and relaxing. The hotel is based between two malls, A Venue and Century City, and both have a number of shops and places to eat, and there are also other restaurants nearby. However as the hotel is still new, it is not extremely well known by some taxi companies, though they are familiar with the area, surrounding hotels and malls. I wouldn't hesitate in staying here again. Thank you for a great trip!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
pbartholomi, General Manager at Y2 Residence Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Guest,

We are very delighted you have enjoyed your stay at Y2 Residence Hotel.
We would like to thank you also for sharing your experience with other travelers.
We hope to welcome you back soon. Sincerely,
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This hotel was officially opene in February of 2014.

I needed to stay 2 nights in Makati and saw that they were giving good discount if booked on their WEB 30 days in advance. So I chose this one.

My flight arrived at 8:30 PM at MNL so after immigration and custom, I took a yellow metered Taxi to the hotel. It took less than 30 minutes. The driver knew the general area but he had to ask a couple of times to reach the hotel. Taxi fare was about 275 PHPs.

The hotel is located on Santiago Ave about two blocks south of J. P. Rizal Ave. Santiago Ave meets J.P. Rizal Ave about a block west from the intersection of Rizal and Makati Ave.
A short ride by Taxi takes you to Greenbelt 1 shopping mall. From the hotel if you turn right, Rizal Ave is only two blocks. Just before Rizal, the area gets congested with locals hanging out in the evening. On Rizal, if you turn left, there is a Laundry Shop within 10 meters or so. I got my laundry done there but they charged me double because I wanted it back in the evening.

The young lady at the reception took about 15 minutes for check-in. She had a hard time finding my reservation!!

The bell boy took me to my room on 15th floor. It was corner a room/ suite. A living room -kitchen combination as you enter and then a separate bed room. All modern and new. Flat screen TV with good selection of international channels. Bedroom was bit crowded. Bathroom had a shower and all the amenities. All clean. The bed was comfortable with clean linens. Well, the noise was the problem even on the 15th floor. Construction in the area was going on even in the evening. At 4:00 AM in the morning, one rooster will start his non stop crowing. The blue and red lights on the air conditioner are quite bright and the curtains did not block the sun light.
The safe in the bed room has confusing instructions. The safe was locked closed. The technician came right away when I called. He opened with three digit code. Even after he explained to me I could not use it afterwards. Telephone had problem too but again the technician came and fixed it right away.

The WiFi was complementary and worked well.

On the top floor (penthouse) the hotel has a spa. I had a massage there which was very good and professional.

The breakfast was ample for both westerners and locals with an omelet station.

The staff was very helpful and welcoming. But when I departed for the airport, I had an unpleasant experience. I requested the bell boy to get me a metered taxi. When I finished checking out it was waiting for me. I asked him if it was a metered taxi and he said yes. The bell boy took my bags and put them in the trunk and I did give him the tip. Once we departed I noticed that there was no meter. The taxi driver wanted 500 PHPs. I told him to let me off and finally he agreed for 300 PHPs. This was on morning of May 13th, 2014. I consider this action by the bell boy quite serious.

Will I stay at this hotel if I return to Makati ? Most probably not.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Midcap
pbartholomi, General Manager at Y2 Residence Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with Y2 Residence Hotel and for sharing with us your experience.
We apologize if we did not deliver the service you expected. Your comments have been discussed between all our Managers and measures have been taken to avoid the same to happen again.
We regret the incident with the taxi. We believe all taxis in Manila have meters but sometimes, drivers tries their luck by negotiating a price before putting down the meter.
Y2 Residence Hotel also offers, as an option to the metered taxi, its own transportation services at fixed prices.
I would like to be able to personally welcome you back in our hotel on your next trip to Makati.
Macau, China
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Hotel situated in the great location of Makati which numerous restaurants and shops surrounded, and only 15mins taxi to some big malls. The swimming pool area is small but enough for you to enjoy. Most of the staff are very kind and nice but the rest of them were really worst and seems they not willing to serve you. The decor of our 2-bedrooms suites is very nice, no matter the sofa, the bed or the tables. However, the smell within the open-kitchen and washroom is always nauseous. Constrution outside the hotel is working 24hrs non-stop which influence my sleep eve the bed is really comfortable. But overall is value for money.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank lingg718
pbartholomi, General Manager at Y2 Residence Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you for choosing Y2 Residence Hotel and for sharing your experience.
We apologize for the construction noise coming from across our building. Century City, once completed, will be a good addition to our hotel as the mall, supermarket, restaurants, movie house is just a couple of minutes away.
We hope you will be booking with us again on your next trip to the Philippines.