Hotel Durban
US$91
Astoria Greenbelt(Makati)(Great Value!)
US$83
HotelQuickly
All reviewsno elevatoreconomy roomfarfalleboutique hotelno windowthe red light districtsmall hotelrooms are cleanmakati avenuethe ground floordeluxe roombars and restaurantscentury city mallhot waterdefinitely stay here againnight lifeconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights. Staff are accomodating. The only problem with this hotel is its hard to find and the rooms are a bit small, bed is really comfortable overall its a good hotel. Good for the budget. ;)

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Shehazadi133
hoteldurban, General Manager at Hotel Durban, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Many thanks to Shehazadi133 for the review. We’re happy that she found our accommodations comfortable and that she had a restful stay with us. Like any hotel, Hotel Durban has several types of rooms from which to choose, depending upon your needs and budget. They range from our Pullmans – single bed/single occupancy rooms – to our top-of-the-line Deluxe Superior Suite, which is around 30 m2 (323 ft2) and has a four-seater sectional sofa, coffee table, and armchair in its separate and generous sitting area. Our suites, all of which have sofas and coffee tables, are very popular and book up quickly. Due to the hotel’s unique floor plan, our rooms are individually decorated – which also means that rooms in a particular class will inevitably, however slightly, vary in size and layout. Please visit our website for more information on room sizes and rates. (A direct link is provided at the top of our TrippAdvisor listing.)

Hotel Durban is located at 4875 Durban Street. A printable map is provided on our website as well as on our TripAdvisor page. Should you need additional directions, please contact our front desk, and they will gladly help out in any way. We also offer a private car service from the airport, for a fee. We look forward to welcoming you to Makati’s highest-rated boutique hotel that delivers an unsurpassed value. In the meantime, safe travels.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

My planned place to stay didn't work out and I was stuck but I'm so glad I found Hotel Durban. First, it is in a great location just a few blocks north of the Makati shopping area. There are restaurants everywhere, too.
The place is very nice. It looks like an art museum and you get to see a lot of it because there is no elevator and the stairs are really open and they don't zig zag straight up. The rooms are great with dark wood headboards and flatscreen tv.
I had spent most of my time in the Philippines in 250 peso rooms with bathrooms down the hall and providing my own toilet paper, soap, and towels. So, to spend 1500 pesos for one night was quite a shock to my budget sensibilities...but then when I think what I'm spending in US$ ($35ish) and what I'll have to spend when I get back stateside for a similar room, I'm blown away by this incredible deal.
If you are in Manila, I highly recommend this hotel. If I ever return to the Philippines, this will be my go-to hotel for my arrival day and my day prior to departure.

Room Tip: I just took what they got and it was a great room. Keep in mind that there is no elevator so if you have lots of stuff, you might want to stay on a lower floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Amy A
hoteldurban, General Manager at Hotel Durban, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Many thanks to Amy A and the serendipity of finding us when her original booking at another hotel fell through. We're gratified she enjoyed her stay with us, our superb location. We're also glad she took note of - and was charmed by - the substantial changes we're making in the artwork displayed in the hotel's public spaces.

Hotel Durban has long had deep connections to art and design. Our founder was the first female furniture designer and interior decorator of note in the Philippines, in the late 1950s. Some of her pieces, as well as antiques and art from her personal collection, continue to be a part of the hotel's public furnishings.

As part of our efforts to modernize the "feel" of the hotel, however, we've necessarily had to look to contemporary artists and artisans for guidance. In the coming months, guests will see the artwork throughout the hotel give way to more current pieces, including framed silk scarves from Hermès. Aside from having redone our lobby, we've also begun a long-awaited update of our façade and terrace to further harmonize the hotel's exterior with its more modern interior.

A few more critical changes are forthcoming, but not all of them will be immediately visible. (For example, we're outfitting the entire hotel with a fire sprinkler system, addressable smoke detectors, and double-glazed windows for our exterior-facing rooms.)

We'd like to thank Amy A again for her thoughtful review. We hope her travels take her to the Philippines again, and when she does, we hope to welcome her a second time. In the meantime, come try us out, and see why Hotel Durban is the highest-rated value-oriented hotel in Makati, according to TripAdvisor and the No. 5 hotel in the city. Safe travels.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

What else can I say, a warm welcome from the staff upon entering, nice-cozy-clean-comfortable-spacious room, great food at an affordable price. What i really love the most is how the staffs would treat their guest, always greeting you, asking how you're doing and the likes. Well, i already booked for my next trip in August & I can't wait to see those smiles again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Jasper H
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The place to be when you're in Makati for whatever purpose may it be for business or leisure. The price for a night is affordable and the rooms are spacious. Hotel staff are friendly & accomodating. Hotel Durban offers great service and serves good quality of food to order. It's no hustle to commute coz the location is near the central business district of Makati City and within it's vicinity lots of good restuarants to dine.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Paolo R
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Unexpectedly AMAZED...SUPERB!
What I was expecting did not happen.. Checked in yesterday around 3pm then the Hotel Staff are very professional (better than some other hotels w/c they claim they are 3-5star) POLITE, very well-oriented, Helpful and always have a BIG SMILE.
The FOOD in they're lobby restaurant is very good. The Club sandwich, juice and coffee.
FOOD are well presented.
The ROOM I had was really CLEAN and looks new. Doesn't looked like over-used (ROOM109)
The Hotel facilities are clean.
I was happy to stay in DURBAN and surely I will come back again.
Seriously, Another MAKATI CITY Pride and a GEM in Makati City.
The reception Ms.Michelle was helpful and all the Hotel Staff 7-6-13 3pm (time of duty) are very accommodating and professional.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo