“Location + Size = Value for Money”
Review of Jupiter Suites

Jupiter Suites
Ranked #51 of 82 Hotels in Makati
London, United Kingdom
“Location + Size = Value for Money”
Reviewed 8 July 2010

I decided to take a chance on the Jupiter Suites after bumping upon it by accident on the internet (I was seaching for another hotel), and I'm glad my gamble paid off.

I stayed for five nights in a spacious Deluxe room, which I considered good value for money, bearing in mind the hotel's location and general accessibility. I was on the fourth floor (the elevator only goes up to the third; you have to take the stairs up to the fourth from there). My room was clean, simple and basic, which suited my purposes as a budget traveller to a tee.

I found the Jupiter Suites to be very secure, with a security guard/usher present at the entrance 24 hours a day, and a safety deposit box in the form of a vault in the admin office accessible only by the front desk staff upon your request any time of the day or night.

As an internet junkie, there's no way I'd be able to stay in a hotel without access to the internet in my room! Most other hotels charge extra for this 'privilege', but I was thrilled to discover that each Jupiter Suite room comes with an all-inclusive 24-hour LAN internet connection, replete with ethernet cable.

Getting a bite to eat is not a problem either. Although I didn't indulge in the complimentary breakfast (I'm not a morning person!), I did check out the modest dining area on the second floor that serves a limited selection of entries each morning. The hotel is surrounded by numerous restaurants and fast food joints, and I walked on occasion to the Greenbelt, Glorietta and Park Square Malls which are about 15 minutes away (although you may not want to do so on a regular basis in the sweltering July heat!) Barring traffic, I'd get to these shopping malls within 5 minutes by taxi.

All the hotel staff -- from the usher, Mr. Russell; to the young housekeeper, Mr. Justin; to the front desk personnel Ms. Cris and Mr. Henry -- were very courteous and accommodating. I was even allowed to check-in and check-out several hours before their official times of 2pm and 12 noon respectively at no additional charge. But the star of the show in my opinion, had to be the always cheerful head of housekeeping, Mr. Robert, who went as far as changing an entire bed for me (I found the mattress of the bed in my room too soft for my taste). He also provided me with plates, cutlery and extra drinking glasses from the hotel restaurant for me to eat the food I brought in from the outside.

If I were hold a grudge against the Jupiter Suites, it would be the faintly aged state of my room (I don't know if this applies to all the rooms) and some slightly grubby/dysfunctional/patched-up fixtures within it, eg, curtains, lightshades, TV remote control unit, bed and mattress, wardrobe hinges and the accumulation of dust on the windows and aircon unit outside. The poor illumination in the bathroom also made shaving for me a tad cumbersome and more of a chore than needed to be.

All in all, I found the Jupiter Suites to be clean, spacious, conveniently located, accommodating and relatively quiet (considering it's practically at the intersection of two very busy Makati roads). The hotel does not pretend to be something it isn't, and you pretty much get what you pay for.

Would I stay at the Jupiter Suites on my next trip to Manila? In a heartbeat!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank ThatFunkyGuy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Davao
Reviewed 12 June 2010

My family stayed in this hotel for a couple of days and you will never regret staying here since the price is reasonable, worth spending for. We got 2 rooms and both rooms were spacious, comfy beds with clean bathrooms.

In addition, They also have welcoming n friendly staff to help you out..

lastly, What was great about their hotel is its location. The streets aligning the hotel are mostly fast foods and restaurants.

Ill definitely stay in this hotel again. =D

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank rheapoi
Boracay Island
Reviewed 7 June 2010

I have been staying at Jupiter Suites for the past couple of years now everytime I visit Manila. It is very reasonably priced, the service is outstanding, and the location is great. I have tried all the other hotels nearby priced anywhere from $50 - $150 per night and by far, Jupiter Suites offers the best value for your money.

All the front office staff are terrific. They even recognize my voice each time I call in for a reservation. They are quick to inform me of any messages or fax letters whenever one arrives. At times, they even allow me to keep some oversize luggage that l could not take with me, to be picked up on my next trip.

The place is in an ideal location close to a busy intersection. Since I always take a taxi, it is always easy to catch one. Also Mercury Drug store is next door along with McDonalds and KFC. Lots of eating places just steps away. For someone on the go all the time, it is very convenient.

Overall, I love this place and will keep staying here everytime I visit Makati.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank ArielsHouse
Davao City
Reviewed 5 October 2009

I was in Manila for a week for WordCamp Philippines 09, and during the entire week, Jupiter Suites graciously hosted me and the rest of the organizers.

Jupiter Suites is a reasonably-priced hotel with quality accommodations. It is located right off Jupiter Street and Makati Avenue— just a few-minute cab ride from malls and various business establishments.

It’s just a 5-minute cab ride (sans the traffic) to The Asian Institute of Management, the WordCamp Philippines venue. I remember having to go back to the hotel during the event to grab more kits. I was back at AIM in an eye’s blink.

Their spacious rooms have clean bathroom, hot and cold shower, cable TV, mini fridge and an RJ45 outlet so you can connect to the internet with just a LAN cable.

Your stay also comes with complimentary breakfast (their chicken longganisa is great!) and newspaper.

Lastly, Jupiter Suites boasts of it’s efficient and courteous staff who make your stay at Jupiter Suites more worthwhile.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank Chattee
Davao City, Philippines
Reviewed 2 October 2009

When I was in the big city last week for WordCamp Philippines 2009, my organizing team and I stayed at a delightful little hotel in Makati, Jupiter Suites. Honestly, I had never heard of it before (even though my mother’s family hails from Bel-Air Village in Makati), but I’m certainly glad I know about them now!

Situated right smack in the center of things in the country’s premier financial district, Jupiter Suites will be appreciated by businessmen and transients as it is surrounded by all kinds of food establishments (from fast-food joints to the more high-end restaurants), a convenience store, a bookstore, a pharmacy, and more! Glorietta and Greenbelt are a short hop away, and so are parks and churches.

Read more here: http://www.angdabawenyo.com/2009/09/24/a-cozy-second-home-in-makati/

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank blogie88
Manila. Philippines
Reviewed 3 August 2009

This hotel is located right off Makati Ave on Jupiter Str, a very busy intersection, but near to many restaurants and bars. The rooms are spacious but the space is not so well used since the rooms are are long and narrow. The facilities are all fairly basic but clean and the window type airconditioner cooled the room comfortably although it blew right across the bed. There is a small corner desk/table which had no table lamp or overhead light which made computer work in the evenings a bit of a chore.. There was only one bedside table so one person had to place items on the floor. The bathroom was basic but clean but was dimly lit by a single ceiling light. A light above the sink would have been greatly appreciated. The first three floors are serviced by an elevator but the fourth floor is walk up. Internet is free but the cable is P100/day. A simple breakfast is included in the room rate and is provided in a small dining area on the 2nd floor. There was a mini bar in the room , cable TV but no safe. All in all, basic and simple but clean.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RMS_PEK_MNL
Georgia
Reviewed 12 December 2007

If you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel with very basic accommodations this hotel might be for you. I would classify this as a budget hotel but it is fairly nice and kept clean. However, there is no alarm clock, no shower liner (just a shower curtain), and they charge you extra for hand towels and wash cloths but the towels are free. The room itself is actually pretty spacious, the staff are kind, and the laundry service isn't expensive. The location is okay, about a 10-15min. walk to the malls, there are plenty of restaurants near the hotel.

• Liked — Free Internet
  • Disliked — Changes for Hand Towels!
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank allie_lyndsie

Travellers are raving about these Makati hotels