“Location, that's about it”
Review of Jupiter Suites

Jupiter Suites
Ranked #55 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed 7 March 2011

I stayed here for 4 nights in December. Given the ratings here, I feel I need to clarify a few things.

I remember two things particularly, one was the poor lighting in the old tired bathroom, made shaving almost impossible. The other was the terrace from my room facing Jupiter ave. It had not been cleaned/swept since opening day of the hotel (?). It was more of a huge ashtray than a terrace. Also the terrace/screen door and the window let all the noise from Jupiter ave easily come through.

Didn't try the breakfast, no need to do that at the hotel, plenty of choices 2 min away, including a great food court at the Pacific Star bldg on Makati ave and Gil Puyat ave., and a KFC right next door open till 10pm I believe.

The rooms are big, the cleaning and security staff very polite and helpful, but make no mistake, this is an old budget hotel in a good location. Four nights was enough.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank EliasNYC

Reviewed 26 January 2011

This is a nice hotel if your on a budget, because it's near the best location in Manila, known as Makati. Jupiter Suite is close to many bars and restaurants, and you can catch a jeepney for only 7 pesos to Green belt, where all the middle-class and high-class stores are situated. they have free computers downstairs that you can use, and the staff is friendly. The rooms are not the most modern, but they are clean, and for the price in this location, it is hard to beat. Overall, hotels in the Philippines are either very budget or very luxury, so unless you have the type of work that lets you stay at Four Seasons, this is not a bad place for the price. The worse thing is finding a cab from here during rush hour.

Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank doradokeith
Reviewed 12 October 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and had no problems with anything but my booking (I didn't receive an email confirmation) Even without this the hotel staff was friendly and said it was no problem. I would recommend this hotel and also stayed here again the day before I departed.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank canadian01991
Reviewed 8 July 2010

I decided to take a chance on the Jupiter Suites after bumping upon it by accident on the internet (I was seaching for another hotel), and I'm glad my gamble paid off.

I stayed for five nights in a spacious Deluxe room, which I considered good value for money, bearing in mind the hotel's location and general accessibility. I was on the fourth floor (the elevator only goes up to the third; you have to take the stairs up to the fourth from there). My room was clean, simple and basic, which suited my purposes as a budget traveller to a tee.

I found the Jupiter Suites to be very secure, with a security guard/usher present at the entrance 24 hours a day, and a safety deposit box in the form of a vault in the admin office accessible only by the front desk staff upon your request any time of the day or night.

As an internet junkie, there's no way I'd be able to stay in a hotel without access to the internet in my room! Most other hotels charge extra for this 'privilege', but I was thrilled to discover that each Jupiter Suite room comes with an all-inclusive 24-hour LAN internet connection, replete with ethernet cable.

Getting a bite to eat is not a problem either. Although I didn't indulge in the complimentary breakfast (I'm not a morning person!), I did check out the modest dining area on the second floor that serves a limited selection of entries each morning. The hotel is surrounded by numerous restaurants and fast food joints, and I walked on occasion to the Greenbelt, Glorietta and Park Square Malls which are about 15 minutes away (although you may not want to do so on a regular basis in the sweltering July heat!) Barring traffic, I'd get to these shopping malls within 5 minutes by taxi.

All the hotel staff -- from the usher, Mr. Russell; to the young housekeeper, Mr. Justin; to the front desk personnel Ms. Cris and Mr. Henry -- were very courteous and accommodating. I was even allowed to check-in and check-out several hours before their official times of 2pm and 12 noon respectively at no additional charge. But the star of the show in my opinion, had to be the always cheerful head of housekeeping, Mr. Robert, who went as far as changing an entire bed for me (I found the mattress of the bed in my room too soft for my taste). He also provided me with plates, cutlery and extra drinking glasses from the hotel restaurant for me to eat the food I brought in from the outside.

If I were hold a grudge against the Jupiter Suites, it would be the faintly aged state of my room (I don't know if this applies to all the rooms) and some slightly grubby/dysfunctional/patched-up fixtures within it, eg, curtains, lightshades, TV remote control unit, bed and mattress, wardrobe hinges and the accumulation of dust on the windows and aircon unit outside. The poor illumination in the bathroom also made shaving for me a tad cumbersome and more of a chore than needed to be.

All in all, I found the Jupiter Suites to be clean, spacious, conveniently located, accommodating and relatively quiet (considering it's practically at the intersection of two very busy Makati roads). The hotel does not pretend to be something it isn't, and you pretty much get what you pay for.

Would I stay at the Jupiter Suites on my next trip to Manila? In a heartbeat!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ThatFunkyGuy
Reviewed 12 June 2010

My family stayed in this hotel for a couple of days and you will never regret staying here since the price is reasonable, worth spending for. We got 2 rooms and both rooms were spacious, comfy beds with clean bathrooms.

In addition, They also have welcoming n friendly staff to help you out..

lastly, What was great about their hotel is its location. The streets aligning the hotel are mostly fast foods and restaurants.

Ill definitely stay in this hotel again. =D

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank rheapoi
Reviewed 7 June 2010

I have been staying at Jupiter Suites for the past couple of years now everytime I visit Manila. It is very reasonably priced, the service is outstanding, and the location is great. I have tried all the other hotels nearby priced anywhere from $50 - $150 per night and by far, Jupiter Suites offers the best value for your money.

All the front office staff are terrific. They even recognize my voice each time I call in for a reservation. They are quick to inform me of any messages or fax letters whenever one arrives. At times, they even allow me to keep some oversize luggage that l could not take with me, to be picked up on my next trip.

The place is in an ideal location close to a busy intersection. Since I always take a taxi, it is always easy to catch one. Also Mercury Drug store is next door along with McDonalds and KFC. Lots of eating places just steps away. For someone on the go all the time, it is very convenient.

Overall, I love this place and will keep staying here everytime I visit Makati.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank ArielsHouse
Reviewed 5 October 2009

I was in Manila for a week for WordCamp Philippines 09, and during the entire week, Jupiter Suites graciously hosted me and the rest of the organizers.

Jupiter Suites is a reasonably-priced hotel with quality accommodations. It is located right off Jupiter Street and Makati Avenue— just a few-minute cab ride from malls and various business establishments.

It’s just a 5-minute cab ride (sans the traffic) to The Asian Institute of Management, the WordCamp Philippines venue. I remember having to go back to the hotel during the event to grab more kits. I was back at AIM in an eye’s blink.

Their spacious rooms have clean bathroom, hot and cold shower, cable TV, mini fridge and an RJ45 outlet so you can connect to the internet with just a LAN cable.

Your stay also comes with complimentary breakfast (their chicken longganisa is great!) and newspaper.

Lastly, Jupiter Suites boasts of it’s efficient and courteous staff who make your stay at Jupiter Suites more worthwhile.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business