“Disappointment”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 23 May 2012 via mobile

I visited this place with high expectation. I had read all good reviews. We ordered few dishes eg fish cake, egg, beef and tom yam soup. Every dish was a let down, they did not capture the Thai essence at all. Tom yam soup had only one taste - sour (not spicy, no lemon grass fragrance, nothing, simply sour) and the rest of dishes were either bland, or hard or too salty. Hmm, maybe I visited during the chef offday?

Reviewed 20 May 2012

Was in Manila for the first time recently for work and went to People's Palace thru a recommendation from my Gf who went there 3-4yrs ago.

Have to admit the atmosphere was pretty chic, service was excellent, though the food could be spicier. Probably catered to local and expat crowd.

On the whole, above average Thai food, go if you have a craving for Thai.

Hits: Green Curry, Tom Yum Goong
Miss: Viet Sping Rolls

Reviewed 17 May 2012

This is our favorite spot in Makati, Greenbelt, They just made the better cocktails and food are awesome! We had a unfavorable experience here when we went here last time. We are sitting on our favorite place of the couch... some of the crew where changing places, the good one is working inside the restaurant... there are about 4 waiters outside for us and other customers. Im telling you this guy with the eyeglasses is very unattentive... doesnt care about customer and just roaming around and dreaming. some of the 3 guys are also like him. I told him nicely about his being unattentive, then when i order my cocktail, he took sooooooo long to get it.. my hubby's cocktail already arrived, but mine is about 30 minutes to one hour later.. I dont know if he even spit on it or did something crazy... But me and hubby will never come back here if we saw him.. "the guy with the eyeglasses is their SUPERVISOR" CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?!! HE is acting like he owns the place and not working at all, who supposed to be more attentive and experience in food industry..! [--] a brick!

Reviewed 14 May 2012

I have dined in this restaurant about 5x already but this is the first time I am reviewing it. We normally go to this place whenever we are entertaining a foreign guest at work. I love eating at Thai restaurants because I simply love Thai food and so far this is the best that I have experienced in Manila. The food is simply very tasty and you could tell they only use the freshest ingredients. We normally order Tom Yam soup, pomelo salad, green mango and catfish salad, chicken curry, lamb curry and chicken wrapped in pandan leaves. Service is also commendable. The waiters are good in memorizing your order as they do not carry pen and paper. This is simply a good restaurant to bring guests to because what it will give you is a lasting impression.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

I find that I keep coming back to this place. The food is excellent and the must try items on the menu are the best. For a couple you are looking at spending up to 3,000 Pesos for a meal including drinks which is reasonable given the quality.

A great restaurant that you shouldn't be afraid of inviting clients or family to. Fantastic. My only gripes would be service at busy times can suffer.