“One of the best Thai restaurants I've visited”
Review of People's Palace

People's Palace
Ranked #2 of 1,415 Restaurants in Makati
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Great selection of amazing Thai food is available here.
The selection was so good we visited twice during our stay.
The place is very busy so unless you make a reservation you may have to wait a little while for a table. It's well worth the wait though!!

1  Thank jah13
There are newer reviews for People's Palace

Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

The bottom line- the food is good and they actually made me gluten free dish( not something I would expect in Asia ). However- ~600 for a dish with rice and service( took the stir fried prawns , got 5 prawns and not huge ones ) - is so expensive for the Philippines ! And that's without any drinks or other courses . It's good but there is def better

1  Thank 223Lee223
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We went in a group of 10. Fortunately we made reservations because the place was packed. We had Pad Thai, Prawn cakes, chicken wrapped in pandan leaves, crispy catfish with green mango salad, Pavlova mango and sticky rice with mangoes. All the dishes were excellent, I am not particularly fond of Pad Thai but after tasking their version, I couldn't resist a second serving. We ordered dishes what almost all other Thai restaurants served with the purpose of comparing which one stood out. The People's Palace versions were the best.

1  Thank AnaZuLu
Reviewed 3 November 2013

The People's Palace is located in the Greenbelt shopping area in Makati, which in itself is a wonderful part of greater Manila to spend time shopping and eating. On a recent trip to Manila, I ate here three times in one week--once with business associates, and twice with my wife. My wife and I had lunch at the restaurant, and she liked it so much that we came back five hours later for dinner. It is just around the corner from the Starbucks, ground floor in Greenbelt 3 so it is easy to find.

The restaurant is not a true Thai restaurant; it is more of a Thai-Asian fusion with twists on popular themes in Thai cooking. Make sure you ask the server for the daily specials--they try new dishes through the specials and will sometimes permanently rotate specials into the menu if they are well received.

A couple of pointers around the menu--the shrimp spring rolls are unbelievably good. My wife and I normally dislike fried spring rolls, but these are the best we have had anywhere in the world.

People's Palace has a great juice menu that demands exploration. I've had several different juices there (including the lemongrass and ginger; okra flower juice (which is similar to hibiscus/cranberry juice); and the mango/orange/passionfruit juice). Most times my wife would take a sip of my juice, only to then confiscate it from me--which would require ordering another one for myself. They also know how to pull an excellent espresso.

The desserts are also excellent and worth saving room for after the main meal. One of the specials we had was a spicy tako (octopus) salad that had an excellent kick and blend of flavors--hopefully it makes the regular menu lineup in the future.

Prices are reasonable and the service was attentive and outstanding. Meals for two, which included several small plates and two shared entrees, plus juices and dessert, was approximately 3,000 PhP / $70 US. Lunch and dinner menus are the same. This might seem a bit high for the Philippines, but the PP is a restaurant that is on par with international restaurants that would cost much more. The crowds that pack the Palace are a testament to its popularity and service.

1  Thank Richard S
Reviewed 2 November 2013

The food and service at People's Palace are excellent. Having dined here twice now, I am particularly found of the seafood soup, very spicy and always well prepared. On our last visit here we dined outside, at the edge of the central garden plaza of the very large Greenbelt Mall.

Highly recommended on any visit to Makati.