“Best Value in Manila!”

Lancaster Hotel Manila
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Mandaluyong
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I flew in late and stayed here for around $80 with a breakfast buffet included. Has a secure parking garage and all the american amenities to go with the rooms. Great place to stay after/before a long flight back to the states since its close to the airports.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 April 2012

I would say that it was my first time to this hotel and probably my last if nothing's gonna changed.. Me and my BF checked-in to this hotel a few nights ago. It was so late at night and we're looking for a place to sleep. He just arrived from a week business trip in MAL.. When we checked-in, I was kind of surprise with the rate of their Junior Suite-- it's a bit pricey. But I thought, it's ok if the service is great and so as the room.. Unfortunately, I was disappointed-- the room is small, curtains not working properly, very old TV, kitchen utensils that are advertised as free from housekeeping but ended up as not, shower's acting up-- from super hot to cold, and lastly the air condition keeps on turning off (though it's not on timer) :( It was not what we have expected... Maybe, the only thing I'm happy about this hotel, is the 30% discount they gave us...

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank leifernandez2009
Reviewed 11 April 2012

no service
food inedible
rooms half furnished
old and tired
cant get worse

Room Tip: nothing good there
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank serge k
Reviewed 8 April 2012

My family stayed here for 1 day during the holiday. We booked Junior Suite but saw that the room is so small that you have to practically cook beside the bed so we requested a bigger room with a charge. I requested change of towels
from housekeeping since we used our towels in swimming and guess what, they unbelievably charge you for it when these things should come as part of their services. and I also requested additional utensils for cooking and they also charge you for it, and the person answering the phone on housekeeping is probably the rudest person that I've ever talked with! Plus, this hotel's elevators looks like it would give up soon, it shakes as it moves like there's an earthquake. Parking lot is so so so terrible there's only 1 way for entrance and exit on a very steep basement and everything is so dusty and roofs feels as if its going to fall off. They also offer buffet breakfast which consists of rice, 1 fish viand, eggs and pancakes. They call that buffet! Overall, I am never ever going back to his hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012
5  Thank Kristine V
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We were looking for an affordable hotel to spend Valentines Day in since my husband and I planned a dinner and late night movie date and we would be coming from a funeral as well. Lancaster was the most affordable hotel in the Ortigas area and it was also close to a lot of malls. Our dinner reservations in Shnagri-la was just walking distance from the hotel so it was very convenient. The room was spacious although the curtains could not be closed for some weird reason and it was inconvenient since the room was facing a construction of a building and you can see workers-and they could probably see you, which is why wanted to have the curtains closed. We had to call for help to close the curtains. We also asked the guy we called to help with the curtains to bring us wine glasses, ice and a microwave. The guy took forever to get what we asked and this was because the cafe was already closed and he could not even find two matching wine glasses. Breakfast was okay. We would probably try the other hotels in the area before going back here.

Room Tip: Get a room that does not face the construction of another building, aside from loosing your privacy...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I recently stayed at the Lancaster in Manila, Philippines and was horrified with their lack of knowledge of hospitality 101. I arrived late on a Friday night and woke up the next day to discover that some type of creature( without having to say, you can figure it out) had chewed the straps of my very expensive Italian sandals. I immediately brought this to the attention of the front desk and requested to speak to a manager in person. I was told that they would alert a manager. I left my cell number as I had things to do on this short trip. Seven hours later a manager still has not made contact with me. They told me that the manager was busy and they would alert again. Finally, after more than an hour later a manager faced me only to discover their denial of the situation. Actually, I saw the manager earlier when I was waiting initially only to realize that they were avoiding the confrontation. They did not offer any compensation for my brand new sandals nor did they even offer to move me to a different room. They also charge for every single thing, if you want or need extra towels they charge, if you want or need to use an iron and ironing board for more than an hour, they charge. Horrible!!!! Then they don't even change the bath mats in the bathroom for days unless you request, how unsanitary! Very disappointing service, sanitation, and a total lack of professionalism. I definitely do not recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Just avoid the Lancaster Hotel period. The front desk staff is friendly and so is the security but...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Glenn G
Reviewed 28 March 2012

If you're looking for a not so luxurious place to stay and on minimal budget, you can opt to stay in here.
though i barely felt the service. the rooms are quite spacious, modern, clean and affordable.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank xxgrendel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mandaluyong
The Legend Villas
The Exchange Regency Residence Hotel
BSA Twin Towers
BSA Twin Towers
#1 of 11 in Mandaluyong

Been to Lancaster Hotel Manila? Share your experiences!