Upon check-in we were told there would be a 2000php deposit charge to our credit card – this was never mentioned when we booked the room and the room charge was already processed prior to checking in. The unacceptable thing of the additional deposit is it will not be refunded for 2 to 3 weeks, which I will dispute with my credit card immediately.
Hotel is not clean, smells like mold and mildew throughout. They do not run aircon in hallways, which is why it’s so moldy smelling.
Room pictures are not at all representative of actual rooms. Efficiency kitchen area provided with no utensils, plates, cups or any essentials – requested but was told additional charge for any items. There were 2 coffee cups, but no coffee maker of any kind available. Two flat, old and nasty pillows provided for our Junior Suite with Queen bed – requested additional or replacement pillows, but that would also be additional charge.
Staff are 75% unfriendly and try to charge additional for everything – example is the fitness center (the size of a 1 car garage, no aircon, smells like old sweat and piss) attendee tried to charge 350php when the front desk stated it is 150php. This is typical of the majority of the staff and personnel at this hotel.
Wifi is advertised as available for the rooms – yet another lie – no wifi in rooms and rarely functions in lobby.
Overall opinion is this hotel is vastly overrated even for a 3rd world region like Manila – I’d give it less than 1 star rating.
Never stay here again and recommend to all look elsewhere as Manila does have many friendly, helpful and honest people and much better hotel accommodations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lancaster Hotel Manila in Mandaluyong City, Philippines displays understated luxury through its modern décor and provides it by lending exceptional service.The 42-storey hotel with its updated medieval Europe boutique concept and contemporary features, offers accommodations that cater to both business and leisure travelers. Showcasing timeless form and contemporary function, guestrooms come with complete dining facilities, coffee-and-tea maker, cable TV, and individually controlled air-conditioning.The services, too, were chosen particularly to address your vital business needs while you are in Manila. These include a business center, which is open from 9 am to 9 pm, city and airport transfers, as well as function rooms for your special events.And with its location in the heart of a busy commercial district, our hotel offers you reliable access to different modes of transportation and key places of interest, including major shopping malls and numerous restaurants. For the hardworking executive, the business hubs of Ortigas and Makati are just minutes away by car. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Lancaster Hotel Manila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lancaster Hotel Mandaluyong
- Lancaster Hotel Manila Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines