“Very Nice Stay”

Lancaster Hotel Manila
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Mandaluyong
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and three days with my brother and sisters to celebrate my nieces birthday. The hotel is quite nice altho for those of you who like to get their massages at hotel spa's instead of their rooms, this would be a deal breaker since the hotel doesn't have it's own spa. The breakfast is quite nice! You should actually grab the pan cakes as they are delish!

The hotel pool isn't as big as I would want it to be but there is a kiddie pool up there and a very nice scenery as it's up more than 33 floors. The pool also is only 5 feet deep but then again, if all you want is to dip after a hot day, that would be good enough.

The price that I got the Junior Suites was only 2400/room/night as it was on a holiday promo. Also, if you have a MayBank ATM Card, you should totally bring it and avail of 50% off the regular room rate.

All in all, the hotel is quite nice and quite. Perfect for business trips as it's just in Shaw and is minutes away from SM Mega Mall.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jamtraxx

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stayed here last April 6 2014 for an overnight stay. Check in was a breeze, everything was informed clearly to me. They asked us for a 2000.00 refundable deposit which can be by cash or preauthorization of credit card. Preauthorization sounds fine but opt to have it by cash since the agent informed me that it would be refunded after three weeks where in fact they can call the terminal provider’s authorization services and ask the agents to cancel it or have it cancelled thru offline sale – void transaction. Room is okay, just right size for us but I can say that the upkeep of their rooms and linen is not passable. Curtains are dirty, towels are worn out and grayish already. The room has poor lighting also. We wanted to try their pool since its very hot in Manila but unfortunately it was under maintenance on our check in date. Before we went to sleep, we ordered two cups of Bavarian mint tea and irritatingly it was delivered to us after 30 minutes. 30 minutes for a tea? What more if we ordered for food? We had a decent sleep that night though. Their breakfast was okay, nothing so special. Lastly my most hated part of my stay, The check out. We checked out early around 10Am and they took several minutes for them to check us out. I don’t know what’s with them or I just had a bad day? Anyway, had an okay stay, acceptable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank gkasuchiro
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Nice Hotel, Located Very close to Business District of Shaw Baulevard... Good Suits... Very Economic.
Good Room Service, Good Breakfast.
Roof Top Swimming Pool is Cool.
Very Nice view of the City from the Rooms.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank pulkit7nov
Reviewed 3 February 2014

From Baguio City we went to stay here only for one night to attend an event near Greenhills Mandaluyong City. We stayed at the 5th floor. The room is with stove, sink, bread toaster and kettle. However the airconditioning unit sacks... we were not able to notice this during our initial check in since we were in a hurry to leave and just wash up and caught up with our my prayer group Christmas get together. The beds are clean as well as the bathroom.

It was around 12 midnight that we went back to the hotel. I switch on the aircondition and have noticed that the temperature in the remote control unit when pressed at 18° would return to 27°. I called housekeeping and a maintenance man went promptly and checked my complaint and advised that the airconditioning is working and that the 27° in the remote control is the current room temperature and will eventually get colder since i already set the temp at 18°. Since we were so tired , my family just slept though the night however i woke during dawn and still the temperature did not decrease at all it was so hot. This hotel has problem on their aircondition unit not only in my room but in other rooms as stated in other review. Also the room we had has dusty and stained window glass panel , the window curtains are so dirty . We pulled the curtain as my son would like to peep at the window to view airplanes passing by the hotel.

Lancaster has a pool which we were not able to use, there were only 3 swimmers at that time. There is restraurant and there were no people eating at the time we checked out at atound 11 am.

Parking is free for check in customer but for the guest, parking fee is being charge . Road going to the parking spaces is so stiff and narrow. The hotel is location near Edsa and a walking distance from SM Mega Mall and Shiangrila Mall and Hotel.

This hotel for people on a business trip for its location but for a family get away find a another hotel.

Be sure that the airconditioning unit of your room is properly working.

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank GrannyBaguio
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We opt to stay in Manila for a summer getaway instead of going out of town. We brought along my nephew with us so, my son could enjoy our stay there. The room, and hotel were okay. The picture says it all. You see what you get. There wasn't anything to rave about the buffet, but it was good. The children enjoyed the pool. They swam as soon as we arrived, and the following day, they swam again. The pool opens early unlike others, I guess. It opens around 8 am until 10 pm so, the kids had a blast. Overall, we enjoyed our stay here. We would consider staying here again next time :)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Erika21
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We had our mini get together here last year. Let's start with the PROS: The hotel lobby was nice. It is also very accessible to jeepneys and taxi cabs. I also like the view from one of the rooms because you get to see the big houses and lush golf area in the nearby executive village. Another good thing about this hotel is that it has a small smoking area somewhere inside the room to which some of my colleagues like because they don't have to go down the hotel anymore. If I remember correctly, they also don't charge any corkage fee so we were able to bring food inside. Just check with the hotel first as they may have changed their policy on this.

The CONS: We stayed in their 3 bedroom suite but the rooms are too small. I also don't like the kitchen sink. It is too small and the water leaks from the faucet. We had to ask for rugs so it won't get too flooded in the kitchen area. The lights are too dim as well. The TV is kind of small for a 3 bedroom suite. Another thing, not all of the hotel staffs are approachable. Some would just walk past you, they don't even smile or greet you every once in a while.

Overall, the hotel is okay and somehow cozy. I just wish they would have bigger TV sets or they could work on the faucets and kitchen sinks and it should have rugs readily available (in case there are leakage).

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Upon check-in we were told there would be a 2000php deposit charge to our credit card – this was never mentioned when we booked the room and the room charge was already processed prior to checking in. The unacceptable thing of the additional deposit is it will not be refunded for 2 to 3 weeks, which I will dispute with my credit card immediately.

Hotel is not clean, smells like mold and mildew throughout. They do not run aircon in hallways, which is why it’s so moldy smelling.

Room pictures are not at all representative of actual rooms. Efficiency kitchen area provided with no utensils, plates, cups or any essentials – requested but was told additional charge for any items. There were 2 coffee cups, but no coffee maker of any kind available. Two flat, old and nasty pillows provided for our Junior Suite with Queen bed – requested additional or replacement pillows, but that would also be additional charge.

Staff are 75% unfriendly and try to charge additional for everything – example is the fitness center (the size of a 1 car garage, no aircon, smells like old sweat and piss) attendee tried to charge 350php when the front desk stated it is 150php. This is typical of the majority of the staff and personnel at this hotel.

Wifi is advertised as available for the rooms – yet another lie – no wifi in rooms and rarely functions in lobby.

Overall opinion is this hotel is vastly overrated even for a 3rd world region like Manila – I’d give it less than 1 star rating.

Never stay here again and recommend to all look elsewhere as Manila does have many friendly, helpful and honest people and much better hotel accommodations.

Room Tip: Look at any other hotel in Manila - we've never been scammed by such a majority of general staff...