“STOLEN WATCH”
Review of Richville Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mandaluyong
Richville Hotel
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Mandaluyong
Cebu City, Philippines
“STOLEN WATCH”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We stayed in this hotel to attend on a seminar. On the first day the staff seems friendly and the room seems clean, on the second day, 8am we took our breakfast after that we went back to our room (502), then I notice that the room was cleaned and the linen was changed. I checked my Citizen watch which was given to me by my mother as a graduation gift under the pillow where I place it. I immediately noticed that my watch was stolen. I search the whole room even the wash room but it cannot be found anywhere, I complain the incident to the supervisor named Joseph Capuz who was in charge and promised me to do the investigation, right now three days past I always asked the result of investigation the supervisor won't reply anymore. No word of honor, doing nothing to my stolen watch I asked the number of the manager and the person responsible but they still refuse to give. I believe this incident is not new, it's always been happening making the client the victim.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
11 Thank Eckergenis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 2 May 2013

We used this hotel for a surprised bday celebration for my friend and we're glad we did. Staff are really helpful, they are quick in providing things that we need and you can feel that they are willing to help us with our plans for this party. Rooms are HUGE and clean and i love their bathtub !

They are also not strict with the noise, we were partying until 2 am and no one called to stop us.

I suggest you wear earplugs if you stay here to rest, you can hear the street noise. This didn't bother us since we were so tired and drunk. One more thing, PILLOWS are so soft! (I wanted to take home one of the pillows)

I didn't like the free breakfast, buffet doesn't have many choices and food was cold. (We were able to have breakfast at around 9am, maybe it'll be better if you wake up early for this)

Thanks Richville ! Keep it up!! (photos to follow)

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 11 October 2012

The location of Richville Hotel is very convenient for all kind of transportation, it is facing along EDSA Mandaluyong. The food is good and the staff are very accommodating and friendly. Every room has wi-fi access. They have clean rooms and toilet with hot and cold shower. Fifth floor rooms have less noise and good air conditioning unit. I will always recommend that you try Richville Hotel because they have very reasonable package rates for meetings and seminars.

Room Tip: Fifth floor rooms have less noise and good air conditioning unit.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ekstee
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Hotel is along EDSA right across Shangrila Mall. A bridge to cross EDSA right at the door step of the hotel made it very convenient.

East to flag down cabs but also easy to be dropped because the entrance is right along EDSA,

Breakfast was good, especially the egg omelettes we have each morning. Room was clean and toilet was refreshed daily. Complimentary water bottles were offered. Staff courteous and door man was helpful always.

Wifi could be a bit slow sometimes but I was not too bothered with it.

Will stay here again the next time.

Room Tip: Our room did not have a view but then I only use it to sleep and not for looking out. We were mostly...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Melbourne
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I give this hotel a rating of 2 because the staff is friendly and the location is a 10min walk to SM Megamall where I spent most of shopping time. The breakfast changes daily and at times it isn’t too bad. Plus the place is clean.
Now the negative, supposedly we got the newly renovated premier room with a double bed, single bed and a flat screen TV. The 3rd floor window doesn’t close completely so it gets quite noisy in the morning, so if you like to sleep in forget it. The bathroom is clean but forget about a nice warm shower because you either have boiling hot or cold.
There are not many utilities in the room, no cups, no kettle and no hair dryer. However if you ask they will try and accommodate, but it does get a bit tedious when you have to ask every night. Room cleaning services does a good job but they only provide 2 sets of towels even though we paid for 3 people.
If you stay in this hotel, try and get higher floors so it won’t be too noisy.

Room Tip: Higher Floor to reduce noise from outside
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank betott

Travellers are raving about these Mandaluyong hotels

Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed 15 July 2011

I stayed at this hotel three nights for a meeting that was held there. It was terrible. I cannot find a single positive thing about this hotel. The hotel faces EDSA which is one of the most congested roads in Metro Manila. For the first night I was given a room facing EDSA, the noise of the traffic (especially the car/bus horns) kept me up all night. My throat hurt in the morning from the pollution (even though the window was closed). I asked for a room change and I got a huge room facing the other way, which was better, but only marginally. The AC of the upstairs meeting room, which was turned on before 6am, dripped water making "thump thump" noise, which made it impossible to sleep after 6. The windows opened up to another part of the hotel so I had to keep my curtains closed for any privacy. The room was extremely outdated, everything had a worn look, and none of the lights were bright so even when I turned all the lights on, it wasn't very bright, which added to the dingy look. The shower's water pressure was terribly low and it was impossible to control the hot water temperature (this was in both rooms). The toilet leaked. Saw three cockroaches during the course of my stay. The wireless internet connection was not reliable.

The meeting room is OK but the food served at the food was terrible. Choices for breakfast were miserable as well, and they couldn't turn on the hot plate & the toaster on at the same time, so it was not possible to enjoy a warm omelette and a toast. The cook who made the eggs only grunted when I asked him something; the waiter did not even serve me coffee.

The staff at the reception are friendly enough, saig good morning and all that, but did absolutely nothing I asked them to, only after two or three times they bothered to help.

I really hope I do not have to stay at this hotel again. Avoid this hotel if you are thinking of staying here for a vacation; if you have to stay here due to a meeting, then ask them to stay in a room that doesn't face EDSA, and try to eat there as little as possible!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
7 Thank BlancaParis
Tijuana, Mexico
Reviewed 20 May 2011

stayed in their newly renovated rooms, it is way different from their previous rooms. no more bath tubs, but it is a lot more beautiful and trendy. the price is cheap and the service is excellent.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business