“Generous serving of Filipino food, taste could have been better” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mesa

Mesa
Ranked #47 of 444 Restaurants in Mandaluyong
Cuisines: Philippine, Asian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Bahrain
“Generous serving of Filipino food, taste could have been better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

We had a late lunch here, around 3 pm so there were only a couple of groups dining here but around 530pm, more groups of diners started coming.
Service is very good, our order came faster than expected which was great because we were really hungry! On the other hand it made me kind of wonder if they just cooked it or if they cook food in batches and then just reheat it especially the pato which I think takes more time to cook.

We ordered tinapa roll wrapped with lettuce, Shrimp cake, Seafood soup, 2 orders of Crispy boneless tilapia with 4 sauces, baby squid in olive oil and pato tim.
The kids liked the shrimp cake and the soup. When the boneless tilapia arrived, we were quite surprised with the generous serving (2 tilapia per order). It was good at first but the more I eat it, the more I realize how oily it is. It's deep fried. How I wish the sauces were better. Since I don't eat squid, I didn't try it but my hubby and friends said it's really very good. We were not really able to eat the pato tim probably because we were full already but if ever we come back here again we will not order it again and try something else on the menu or try eating at other restaurants around or on the 3rd floor.

• Visited July 2012

Trinidad, West Indies
“Food is good but can be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2011

Located at the atrium of SM megamall. Went there with my bestfriend at about lunchtime. The ambiance was a bit cozy and piped in music is okay. The food is good for the typical Filipino dishes...(but I was really expecting that it would be a little better than the other restaurants.) At that time, there were only about 3-4 tables occupied by customers and I cant help but notice that the waiters just keep on walking back and forth to no avail. Hey !what's going on? We were really distracted by this.So, I was just wondering what happens if the place is full? But in fairness, the service is fast.

• Visited June 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Muntinlupa, Philippines
“bamboo shaped utensils..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2010

my buddies and i once again went on a food trip and decided to get together at Mesa. it was my first time to eat at this resto since it was such a long time since i went o megamall. the resto is located at the atrium and man this place gives me the creeps (in a very good way) everytime i remember the bamboo shaped silver utensil that sinked in the boneless fish we feasted. had a couple or more extra rice to match the lovely kare-kare. the cheesy garlic tahong was a bit of the same old thing that my mom used to cook during new year's eve but man the calamares with four sauces really did it.
the bamboo walls that separated most of the dining area adds a native feel to the resto although the background music was a bit distracting to the native feeling that i was having at that time since the place was playing 80's dance music. could have played a background music more appropriate to the ambiance but enough about that.
at the most, our dining experience at mesa is very good and would recommend the place for a great dining experience if you have extra dough and plans to treat yourself.

ÜÜ..

• 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Juan_Lakwa_Chiero
manila, phil
“Excellent Filipino food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2010

We go to Megamall a lot but we never really noticed this restaurant before. In fact, we were surprised when we found out that it had been open for more than 6 months already. Nonetheless, we were glad we went in because the food was really good! The menu was quite extensive that made choosing difficult. We particularly liked the hito (catfish) flakes on spoon, kare-kare and crispy tilapia. Servings were generous and the prices were reasonable. Next time, we're going to try the crispchon (when there are more of us to share). We can't wait to share this restaurant with guests from out of town!

• 5 of 5 bubbles