“Nice place to dine for balikbayans”
Review of Mesa

Mesa
Ranked #40 of 454 Restaurants in Mandaluyong
Cuisines: Philippine, Asian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Makati, Philippines
“Nice place to dine for balikbayans”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

It was my balikbayan friend who brought me there (the other way around) because when she ate there she liked it so much that she wanted to go back. We ordered sinigang, which was very interesting as it has a sweet taste to it and a bit of citrus taste, and different from the usual citrus sour taste of sinigang. we also had the tawilis with mango i think, it was good if only i know which condiment to use as there was i think 3 or 4 to choose from, but it was nice nothing spectacular. then we also had the binagoongan, which looks like adobo, it was nice if only it wasnt too salty but it was expected. We halso had the tilapia, that one i like, coz its crunchy and i like the sauce. Overall, it was very nice, the food was delivered to our table in a considerable amount of time. i just had a problem with their rest room, which is also used by the staff, i dont mind it if only they wouldnt stay there long (i think theyre putting on make up or preparing for their duty) as there are other customers already waiting in line. This place is somewhere between average and very good, but what the heck i'll give it a very good rating.

• Visited May 2013

Tacloban City, Philippines
“Good Food”
Reviewed 10 March 2013

So I visited my best friend in Manila early this month. One of the places we decided to grab a bite was Mesa. The food was great! Although, trying to get a seat was a bummer due to the amount of people wanting to dine there.

The food was awesome specially when they gave us something called a Sisig Rice. That was actually my first time to eat such. All in all though, it was an awesome lunch.

• Visited March 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
“Modernized Filipino food”
Reviewed 26 February 2013 via mobile

Very nice food! The waitress was helpful and we really enjoyed it. The place is located outside a very fancy mall next to other equally posh looking restaurants. We were surprised that the price was still very reasonable, though.

Bahrain
“Generous serving of Filipino food, taste could have been better”
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We had a late lunch here, around 3 pm so there were only a couple of groups dining here but around 530pm, more groups of diners started coming.
Service is very good, our order came faster than expected which was great because we were really hungry! On the other hand it made me kind of wonder if they just cooked it or if they cook food in batches and then just reheat it especially the pato which I think takes more time to cook.

We ordered tinapa roll wrapped with lettuce, Shrimp cake, Seafood soup, 2 orders of Crispy boneless tilapia with 4 sauces, baby squid in olive oil and pato tim.
The kids liked the shrimp cake and the soup. When the boneless tilapia arrived, we were quite surprised with the generous serving (2 tilapia per order). It was good at first but the more I eat it, the more I realize how oily it is. It's deep fried. How I wish the sauces were better. Since I don't eat squid, I didn't try it but my hubby and friends said it's really very good. We were not really able to eat the pato tim probably because we were full already but if ever we come back here again we will not order it again and try something else on the menu or try eating at other restaurants around or on the 3rd floor.

• Visited July 2012
Trinidad, West Indies
“Food is good but can be better”
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Located at the atrium of SM megamall. Went there with my bestfriend at about lunchtime. The ambiance was a bit cozy and piped in music is okay. The food is good for the typical Filipino dishes...(but I was really expecting that it would be a little better than the other restaurants.) At that time, there were only about 3-4 tables occupied by customers and I cant help but notice that the waiters just keep on walking back and forth to no avail. Hey !what's going on? We were really distracted by this.So, I was just wondering what happens if the place is full? But in fairness, the service is fast.

• Visited June 2011