“Tinola/ squid/ crispy pata/ laing”

Mesa Filipino Moderne
Ranked #41 of 506 Restaurants in Mandaluyong
Cuisines: Philippine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Our favorites are

- the baby squid cooked adobo style
- tinolang chicken with coconut water as soup / binakol
- cripy pata sliced thin crisp skin and soft meat on the inside.
- laing two way for me the dry one is the best i tasted so far.

Budget: 250+

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Their Boneless Fried Tilapia served with 4 sauces is my favorite. I go here especially for that dish. Especially nice with the bagoong. Garlic rice can be a bit salty for my taste. Got the mango juice but it tasted like concentrated or in a can. Food in general can be good. Service tho seems to be a bit lethargic and not alert.

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

I'm glad to be back again, feel at home and taste Filipino cuisine at its best, Chicken Binakol & Crispy Fish with condiments choices and their Kare- Kare. Thanks for new Megamall extension of Atrium.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

It was my balikbayan friend who brought me there (the other way around) because when she ate there she liked it so much that she wanted to go back. We ordered sinigang, which was very interesting as it has a sweet taste to it and a bit of citrus taste, and different from the usual citrus sour taste of sinigang. we also had the tawilis with mango i think, it was good if only i know which condiment to use as there was i think 3 or 4 to choose from, but it was nice nothing spectacular. then we also had the binagoongan, which looks like adobo, it was nice if only it wasnt too salty but it was expected. We halso had the tilapia, that one i like, coz its crunchy and i like the sauce. Overall, it was very nice, the food was delivered to our table in a considerable amount of time. i just had a problem with their rest room, which is also used by the staff, i dont mind it if only they wouldnt stay there long (i think theyre putting on make up or preparing for their duty) as there are other customers already waiting in line. This place is somewhere between average and very good, but what the heck i'll give it a very good rating.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

So I visited my best friend in Manila early this month. One of the places we decided to grab a bite was Mesa. The food was great! Although, trying to get a seat was a bummer due to the amount of people wanting to dine there.

The food was awesome specially when they gave us something called a Sisig Rice. That was actually my first time to eat such. All in all though, it was an awesome lunch.