Edsa Shangri-La
The Legend Villas(Mandaluyong)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$49
US$38
US$36
US$29
US$24
US$20
  • Restaurant
Hop Inn Hotel Makati Avenue Manila(Makati)(Great Value!)
US$32
Agoda.com
Artina Suites Hotel(Makati)(Great Value!)
US$39
No availability for your dates from our partners
Richville Hotel(Mandaluyong)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,961 results
All reviewsgarden wingheat restaurantchi spasummer palacehorizon clubhealth clubbreakfast buffetlobby loungepool areabusiness tripin room diningmetro manilafitness centerfavorite hotelhome away from homefive star hotelchecking in
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 February 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Edsa Shangri-La from 27 January - 6 February 2010 as part of a tour package arranged by Hans Travel. We were originally booked in a standard non-smoking Tower room with a King-sized bed for $135 (USD), including daily breakfast buffet at HEAT restaurant. Upon check-in, we upgraded our room to an Executive Tower Suite for an additional daily charge of $39. Wow!!! What a HUGE difference! Our upgraded room was furnished with the biggest bed we have ever seen in a hotel, and offered a spectacular panoramic view of the city skyline with partial views of the hotel pool area. Living space was quite spacious, and the bathroom was also quite large with a separate shower and bathtub, two sinks, standard toilet, and a bidet. The shower easily accommodated both of us simultaneously. The complimentary broadband Internet access was an essential lifeline to our normal lives and worked flawlessly. The hotel staff was cheerful, eager-to-please, and consummately professional. We were personally greeted at least 6 times between the hotel front entrance and our hotel room. We enjoyed all the friendly greetings and abundant smiles throughout our stay. It never grew tired or boring for us! The Front Desk employee who assisted our check-in, "Jen", did a fantastic job of facilitating our room upgrade and offered great, quick advice on hotel amenities and services. The elevator greeters were unfailingly upbeat and courteous! The breakfast buffet at HEAT was simply incredible. Too many food choices to count, all freshly-prepared and quite diverse. We were blessed to receive table service by Jom, Noah, and John...they were attentive to our every request and truly went out of their way to ensure our meal was perfect. Chef Rico Mendoza was very quick to prepare all our food to our complete satisfaction and glee. I have never been treated so well in a restaurant in my entire life as we were treated during our daily visits to the HEAT breakfast buffet. My wife and I did make the mistake of sitting at a table one morning closely adjacent to the outside dining tables where other diners smoked while they ate, and the cigarette smoke did disturb our meal that one day. No fault by HEAT staff...we chose to sit there and declined the staff's offer to reseat us at a different table. Other than that one minor issue, I would wholeheartedly recommend all visitors avail themselves of the HEAT breakfast buffet. On a hotel-related note, during the last 3 nights of our stay, guests in the room right next to ours constantly smoked cigarettes despite being in a Non-Smoking room on a floor entirely reserved for non-smoking guests. The odor was quite strong in our room and we reported the problem to the on-duty Night Manager the first two nights it occurred. Rather than confronting the offending guests, they instead provided a deodorizing air ionizer for use in our room and deployed another one in the common hallway between our room and that of the smoking guests. It made our last few nights a bit unpleasant, but we tolerated it. I would've preferred hotel management to confront the smokers and offer to relocate them to another room on a floor designated for smokers. Oh, and before I forget, Guest Relations Manager "Barbra" was very gracious with her time and trust to accommodate a very unusual request for us that helped my wife order a very nice formal long skirt from a local tailor. Many, many kudos to her for her above-and-beyond assistance! Overall, I would rate our entire 10-night visit at the Edsa Shangri-La as a 9-out-of-10 and we will definitely stay with them again during future visits to Manila.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank johnb6597
Reviewed 17 January 2010

Average room, really old 21 inch tv that only worked when it wanted to, despite having being "repaired" by the technician (if enclosing the plug in about a yard of electrician's tape can be called that), cold food from room service, light Coke instead of regular Coke sent up with food. What really upset me was that the room was not made up after I came back from work at 7:30pm having been away all day. When I complained and asked for the duty manager, they sent up the housekeeping supervisor: a sweet old lady who kept wringing her hands and apologising... I felt so bad for her I didn't take it any further. Hey! Now that I think about it... Was that a ploy I fell for?

Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank ahmermurad
Reviewed 7 January 2010

We stayed here at the end of our trip and found the staff and hotel great. There seem to be heaps of staff around to help with any requests. We stayed in the business wing which was away from the main tower but was still convient.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TUBIB
Reviewed 14 December 2009

Yes it's the most posh hotel in Mandaluyong, all the elegance you can find it there but I've never felt so discriminated in my entire life, thanks to their rude employees. My American friend and I stayed there for 3 nights. They're always corteous, all smiles, treated my friend but didn't do the same to me. Everytime we past by a hallway, they greet my friend, just my friend but not me, as if I wasn't there. They would apologize to my friend when the XBox doesn't work but not to me. When I ask questions they are completely rude but when my friend asks questions they would answer him very nicely. I've told that to my colleague and said she expericed the same way too. So I noticed they are just being nice to foreigners and well-renowned people. I'm not a show-off so when I'm there I just wear simple and decent clothes and slippers. The place is close to being perfect, the employees will just turn you off especially if they think you are a nobody, so warning people, you better dress up when you stay and show you're filthy rich or they'll just ignore you.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Empress1866
Reviewed 3 November 2009

I stayed at the Edsa Shangri-law for business for close to a month. The place was wonderful. There are three malls within walking vacinity, which is great. The hotel, was wonderful, the rooms and beds were very nice and comfortable. The food was also very good. Best of all was the service. By day 3, they knew my sister and I by last name and they knew our juice and food preferences for breakfast. Service does not get any better than at the Edsa Shangri-la. I would go back in a heartbeat for business or pleasure. I can't say enough good things about the place. The pool and gym were also top notch along with great security.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled on business