“Make sure to print proof if booking room with breakfast”

Manila Marriott Hotel
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Pasay
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Very nice hotel, it still has the brand new smell. Everyone was very friendly. We booked a room with breakfast online directly at the Marriott website. It clearly said includes breakfast for 2 and free breakfast for kids 12 and under. When we ate breakfast at the restaurant, I had to tell the waitress that we're getting the breakfast for free. She said she had to check first then came back saying we still have to pay for our 6 year old daughter. I told her that she should be free as well, she had to check a second time but still told us we had to pay. She was very nice and professional about it, I let it go thinking that I may have gotten it confused with Marriott Cebu. Days later I went back on the website and sure enough it said free breakfast for kids 12 and under. I think management should be aware of this, it's on their website so they should honor it. I'm not blaming the waitress though, she was just doing her job. If you're a family with young kids booking a room with breakfast, make sure you print that paper saying that to prove it, otherwise you'll end up paying for something that is supposed to be free. I would still definitely go back to this hotel, checking in and out was a breeze, it's close to the airport and connected to the mall. Highly recommended!

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank rmc9135
Write a ReviewReviews (2,024)

Reviewed 5 August 2011

In an area that is currently being heavily developed and is associated to a shopping mall, auditorium and 6 star hotel

The Hotel has very strict security, upon drive-up entry and then also main-lobby entry.

Reception and front of house staff all very keen and eager to assist with any request - which after such a long flight is quite nice to just hand someone your bags...

My room came with a view of the pool, golf course and Manila Metro landscape so was nice room.

Very well cleaned and very well maintained during my stay -- Also nice touch was glass-wall between bedroom and bathroom

Food was very good standard -- The buffet restaurant had my business on several occasions and so did the on-site Steak House .. breakfast selection was huge as well ...

Room Tip: Just turn up --- everything else is taken care of
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Tony_Forder
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Stayed here for 2 times and i would like to stay again hotel Service is very good eg.AirPort Transfer etc...jus the fool is a bit small..but beautiful...Food is excellent...

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank fantamango
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I spent an entire month in the Philippines at a residence and decided to stay my last night at the Marriott since my flight left at 7:45 AM. I am so glad I did! As with most hotels in the PI, the staff is always very friendly, respectful, and accommodating. The room was very spacious and the entire facility was welcoming and comfortable. I had family over in the lobby to say their hellos and goodbyes. They were impressed with the area. The numerous lounge areas & bars were great for meeting & greeting friends & family that visited. I also enjoyed the closeness of the Resort World & all its amenities & restaurants. Getting to any of the 4 airports in Manila was easy and so much more convenient. I would definitely stay there again. World class Marriott.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2011

the name Marriott Hotel is synonymous with excellence in quality service. Manila Marriott Hotel is conveniently located, it is minutes away from the international airport and from the mall. me and my friends had enjoyed so much of our stay here and had no complaints.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2011

The room was nice and clean, typical of a Marriott standard room. However, they gave us a hard time when we requested an extra towel. There were only 3 towels in the room which is simply not enough for the number of people in the room (me, my husband and our 2 kids). They refused to give us an extra towel unless we authorize a credit card charge for extra towel use which they said they will credit back to our account. I find this a bit ridiculous and totally unnecesssary. We've been to Marriotts all over the world (US/Europe) and this is the only property that simply refused to give us an extra towel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank RCR120
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Pros
Very modern
Clean
Connected to resorts world and casinos
Internet in room
Nice pool and gym

Cons
Relatively expensive
Location is only convenient for airport, but with manila traffic it will take an hour to get anywhere from here

Summary
Stay here for a vegas-like experience. If you're with friends, it's easy to split this bill.

I'd recommend this property to friends.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasay
Belmont Hotel Manila
Hyatt City of Dreams Manila
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manila/At Mall of Asia
2 mi away
The Heritage Hotel Manila

Been to Manila Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!