“Clean, well equipped and friendly hotel with excellent service.”

Manila Marriott Hotel
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Pasay
York, United Kingdom
“Clean, well equipped and friendly hotel with excellent service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 2 days on a business trip. The thing that struck me the most wasn't just how clean and polished the hotel was but also how friendly, professional and immaculately turned out all the staff were. Nothing was too much trouble for them and they were always ready with a smile. I didn't eat lunch in the hotel, however the breakfast was of a very good standard with a wide variety of choice. The evening meals also provided a choice of buffet or a la carte, with western and oriental dishes to choose from. The service was absolutely superb and I would rate it as being amongst the very best I've experienced. The rooms were clean, tidy and well equipped with wi-fi available. Should I ever return to Manila, I shall definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Brander S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Fairbanks, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

This hotel is definitely 5 star.

I had one problem. I left the hotel very early and my fiance stayed late and checked out after me. I gave specific instructions to the staff that all incidentals were top be charged to MY cc. When my fiance checked out they forced her to pay for the incidentals with her cc.

After 3 very irate phone calls to the hotel at international rates, the front desk manager rectified the situation. Other than that, this hotel was great and I will stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank That_Darn_Matt
Bacolod, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Stayed here at least 3 times, the last one on April 8, 2012, always an overnight layover before flying out international or on the way home domestic; the primary reason of course is the proximity to the 3 separate airport terminals (the farthest being just 15 minutes away in the early morning). Even if the stays were relatively short (the longest being 8 hours), the comfort that it provides compensates for the steep price (about USD 200 a day for a single room). As a Marriott's Rewards member, I would say this is the finest among the others I have stayed in so far. I cannot rave enough about the bathroom though. In an all-glass cabinet sits an entire bathtub (not the built-in ones in other hotels). Aside from the faucet for the tub, you have a choice of three showers: regular, jet-stream, or rain effect! The shower curtain is electronically controlled, so you can view the rest of the room as well as the TV or prefer private. One constructive criticism: their amenities are named "aromatherapy" but ironically they are not. The bath salts are ok, but the soap smells like a laundry bar (Perla white to be exact) and the shampoo (again the smell) compares badly with that in other hotels. This is the only reason I gave a rating of 4 rather than 5. As with my other review of another hotel titled "Bring your own pillow?", unless they do something about it, I would say "bring your own soap and shampoo!" Whether I would be back here again: certainly!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank drjohnled
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

I booked a one-night stay here on wotif.com mainly for the convenient location to the airport. It matched my expectations for a 5-star hotel but there were a couple of small issues (some mentioned by other reviewers) that made it slightly less than perfect.

First was the check-in process, which took quite a while (somewhat understandable with the number of rooms they have) - be prepared for a wait if you arrive at a busy time. We then had to wait another hour before our room was ready.
They offer free, in-room wi-fi if you join the Marriott Rewards program, which I did -- unfortunately we couldn't get this to work on my friend's iPod.

On the positive side, the (fourth floor) room was nice, clean and had a green outlook from the balcony. The included buffet breakfast was great, with a wide range of options. Customer service was quite good (particularly in the eateries).

I would probably stay here again if I had the cash to spend and wanted somewhere close to the airport. (Resorts World has a free airport shuttle bus that we used to get to the hotel from NAIA terminal 3.)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank metamorphing
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

This is my first time to the Philippines as I make my way on to Boracay. Due to a tight flight schedule I decided to stay a night near the airport, and automatically chose the Marriott since I'm already a Marriott's reward member. I can't comment too much about the surroundings since I'm only staying overnight, so will just concentrate on what I can about the hotel itself.

I'm so glad I chose to stay here as the hotel is awesome! Once you approach the hotel's front driveway you'd think you were entering a highly secure embassy with all the vehicle security screening, and once again as you enter the hotel's front doors through the metal detectors. That's fine...not a big deal. Once you enter however, you forget all that as the friendly smiling faces of the staff greeted me and guided me to the reception desk. Check in was easy and friendly and I was informed of all the facilities and entertainment the hotel had to offer. I was also offered a special executive lounge use and breakfast package for a small fee, which I gladly ok'd.

I was quickly accompanied up to the room by the bellboy with my luggage and we had a friendly chat about the hotel on the way. Once in the room he very nicely explained all the rooms' amenities which was very helpful. I didn't expect such a nice room, but it was a very nice size, very nicely decorated, very clean, and very comfortable. What I was very worried about at the time of booking was the potential noise from being located so near the airport. The room was 100% silent! I had a wonderfully peaceful sleep, the room temperature was perfect, the bed and sheets were oh so comfortable!

The next morning I tried the breakfast at the ground floor cafe. The spread is fantastic with pretty much everything you could possibly need or want to fill up for the day! There was an excellent selection of western (an egg station) and Asian fare, fresh fruits and juices, breads and pastries, etc. What pleasantly surprised me and that I'd never seen in any hotel I'd ever stayed in in my life were the hors doeuvre style samples and juice blends du jour. Unfortunately, I was already too stuffed from the main breakfast buffet to try them all. The staff were all so friendly, helpful, and attentive....and spoke English very well, so no communication issues there.

I'm not sure if free internet is available for all guests, but I got it, which was great.

All in all a wonderful place to stay, albeit this was only one night. I'll be staying here again for another one-nighter on my way back through Manila from Boracay so am already looking forward to that.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank TravellingBanana628
Delray Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

A hotel near the airport, mall and casino. what more to ask for?expensive but great value for money. superb staff and very clean. 5 star rating for me.

Room Tip: Make sure to drop by at the nearby newport mall..