“Could be better”

Manila Marriott Hotel
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Pasay
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Stayed overnight and paid more than what we normally pay in a hotel as we want to splurge on our last day in the Philippines. Hotel and room was nice but the room they put us in was a bit noisy since they were doing some construction on the hotel. We asked to be moved and they did after 10 minutes. The room was quieter but another problem happened. The room key did not work so they had to replace it twice. They also charged us for an item in the mini bar that we did not take. My husband knows I'm a bit OC so I always do an inventory on our mini bar in every hotel we stay in. I argued with the front staff and they did not charge us in the end. Anyway, the room, staff and food was great though. Overall it was okay but would not stay in Marriott Manila again. It was expensive and did not feel like a luxury. Sorry.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank redlipz

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stayed here on the way to and back from a scuba diving trip in the Philippines. I'm a little jaded because I'm an executive member with Marriott which may skew this review but I was in awe of how well they took care of me. The executive floor and concierge level is something I've never experienced before. I was mostly isolated from the rest of the hotel with separate upstairs check-in, awesome room, almost 24 hour food in the exec. lounge, and practically over the top service. The massage I got in the spa was the best I've ever had.

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the back side with the city, golf course view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Stayed at an Executive Suite that can fit maybe 20 people (yes, it's big!). The king-size bed was the most comfortable bed in the planet. Had an awesome view of the golf course and the Makati and Global City skyline. Unlimited food and drinks at the Executive Lounge from sun up to sun down.

The hotel was spotless from floor to ceiling! Service was impeccable! Truly representative of Filipino hospitality.

The Marriott Cafe makes the most delicious Mango shake ... and the Osso Buco is to die for!

Room Tip: Choose one that's facing the golf course: greens in the morning, city lights at night.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank isantos
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We enjoyed our two night stay from October 12th until the 14th. The hotel is located in an upscale area that is close to the airport. There is a mall that is a very short walk from the hotel. As a gold member, we were upgraded to an Executive room which included snacks throughout the day, hot dish in the evening and breakfast in either the lounge and the restaurant downstairs. We chose the restaurant, as it included an extensive buffet with a wide selection of Asian and Western dishes. Overall, the Marriott Manila was a clean safe haven from a rather chaotic city.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travisair
Reviewed 18 October 2013

A must hotel to stay at.
Its so beautiful.

Location: close to the airport, next to a great club and restaurants.

Service: during the first time we stayed in this hotel , the guy in the reception has asked if this was our first time and said yes, because of this he escorted us to our rooms in which we felt to special.

Room: the rooms are just amazing. king size bed is so comfortable. the bathroom is just magnificent.and so clean.

Food.: the buffet breakfast is also great. wide selection.

PS. if you are waiting for your flight. try to use the spa and get facial and massage. they are fantastic

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paula1024
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

This is probably one of the best buffets I've tried, and I've tried almost all major buffets in Metro Manila. It's a bit pricey but you'll enjoy the experience of choosing among a wide range of dishes, with Asian, Western, and Filipino corners to satisfy your gustatory cravings. Sunday Brunch buffet also includes a satisfying selection of desserts from ice creams to cakes. The chocolate room is just absolutely heavenly, fondue-laden and simply wonderful. I'm not sure if the bar offers the unlimited supply of vodka and martini-based cocktails every Sunday cause I don't remember getting one last time. I highly recommend this one for sure and the hotel ambience definitely adds to that wonderful experience with food that comes with a wonderful company of friends on an easy Sunday trip.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Allan P
Reviewed 10 October 2013

So Nice I stayed here twice. By far the BEST room and accommodation of any other hotel in Manila, Hands down. Extremely modern, convenient and handsomely stylish. What should be a JW is somehow not. Folks, this isn't your ordinary Marriott. Marriott has a way really showcasing their brand worldwide. I've stayed at accommodations in China at at a courtyard Marriott which i would easily deem 5 stars. Anyway, back to this spot. Check in was Flawless and they even remembered me from my last stay one year prior, by name, without having to look me up.
Service is perfected. Pool and Spa are exquisite.
Value for what you get is amazing and this, rivaling the G hotel is one of the best breakfasts in Manila (although not cheap)
usually entertainment (in the form of a known singer) nightly in the lobby. Adjacent to the Casino and other Resorts World Eateries and next door the Air Force Museum and NAIA. Free shuttle to the airport.

I guess the only con is that its too much like an oasis. I don't recommend this for first time Philippine goers are you CERTAINLY will not get the feel of the Philippines or Manila hiding out in here. Although if getting work done and business is a priority and you need to be by the airport, you have arrived.

Room Tip: Breakfast is Amazing. Do not miss out on this, or the pool.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank SonicSpringBok
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasay
Belmont Hotel Manila
Remington Hotel Manila
Conrad Manila
Conrad Manila
#3 of 33 in Pasay
Hyatt City of Dreams Manila
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manila/At Mall of Asia
The Heritage Hotel Manila

Been to Manila Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!