“Awesome location, outstanding staff”

Manila Marriott Hotel
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Pasay
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The outstanding staff made our stay at the Marriott. Thank you Marjorie, for handling our pool, gym and jacuzzi needs, Jun in concierge for your helpful tips with a smile, housekeeping on the 6th floor for the timely response and attention to detail. Stay at the Marriott and enjoy top shopping experience, friendly casino, fabulous foods and entertainment for the family. Its ideal location takes you 20 minutes to go to MOA, Market Market, SM Aura and airport. Shuttles leave every hour on the hour for the airport daily, convenient for travelers. Casino members avail of shuttle service everywhere in the metro Manila area. Ask for their schedules and various destinations. Bravo!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Maria E
There are newer reviews for Manila Marriott Hotel

Reviewed 27 March 2014

My husband and I stayed there for 3 nights in February. We were on the executive level and must say it was the best executive club we have ever visited. The staff is amazing and so helpful. The "snacks" were actually enough for an evening meal.
The location is so convenient to the airport and the free shuttle ( although it only is hourly) is a great service.
We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marybelle22
Reviewed 24 March 2014

A second visit in four months confirmed the excellent quality of this hotel.

Very convenient to Manila International Airport and on a one night stopover I once again could not fault the service, quality, decor and facilities of both public areas and rooms. The spa is also very good and the Executive Club well worth while, with complimentary snacks and cocktails. The range and quality of food in the restaurant is very good and the breakfast buffet extensive and with a wide range of foods.

The staff are particularly friendly and efficient and the whole hotel has an air of quality and efficiency.

My only criticism is that for transit guests the transport to the airport only runs every hour - every half hour would be a much better service, even if a small fee were charged.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sydneysider48
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My wife & I travel to the Philippines at least once a year. We use to try to find the least expensive place to stay but what you read online & what you get can be completely different. That is why we now stay at the Marriott. After a long flight, the last thing you want is a surprise waiting for you unless you like that sort of thing. We don't, so we opted for what we know from an international brand.

The rooms are very comfortable, with king size beds, AC that works well, Wi-fi, superior service on a level with the better hotels in the US & Europe & if you book in advance a complementary breakfast that would cost approx. $35 US if you went ala carte. The location within 1 mile of the airport is great for limiting transit time after a long flight. The hotel is part of a resort style complex with many restaurants & casinos if you like to try your luck. Getting a taxi is easy & the hotel records the taxi number you take. We have never had any trouble in our room with outside noise or with other guests being noisy.

There are many choices in Manila but I think that a sure thing after a long flight is worth the price for us. Your circumstances will differ & as well as your view on travel accommodations, but sometimes certainty is worth the price which for us is about $225 US per night.

Room Tip: Ask for a lower room away on the back side since there is ongoing construction near the front of the...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank htownhunter
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Stayed for one night while in transit and really love this property. I have been to numerous Marriott properties all over the World and the amenities and environment in this property is comparable, and the service superb. Here's why:
1. Valet service was prompt and polite. They took care of our luggage with care.
2. Check-in was flawless. We were greeted as soon as we entered the lobby and directed to the front desk. Professional, friendly service with a smile- genuine, personalized greeting. It reminded me of Ritz Carlton. Lobby was spotlessly clean. There's an ATM in the lobby for last minute needs.
3. Rooms were clean and huge, with a nice view of the pool and what looks like a golf course. AC temperature perfectly controlled. The shower is separated from the toilet with a glass door. There is a tub and a rain shower that was just lovely after a long flight. The bathroom is separated by a glass wall (I did not really like it at first) but there is a screen for privacy. Beds were comfy with clean, crisp sheets.
4. Ample amenities- robes, slippers, toothbrush, razor and other vanities provided.
5. A big box of tea as a welcome gift. Really surprised about this since I only experienced receiving gifts from Marriott's Luxury Collection properties.
6. The mall that is connected to the hotel was a treat. Restaurants and shopping galore.
7. Security presence is huge in the hotel.
And, the best part is the service they provided above and beyond. My husband was feeling under the weather and we wanted to seek medical help before a long journey/early flight. The concierge contacted a clinic in the hotel vicinity. A bell man escorted us to the clinic and waited for us until the consultation is finished. A doctor came within 3 mins. and took care of my husband, What a joy and relief. The concierge sent another bellman to fill the prescription, and delivered the medicine to our room. All our needs were conveniently taken cared of. I felt like we had our own personal assistant that night.
The business center gal was so pleasant, courteous and considerate. There is an internet fee and fee for printing boarding passes. I inadvertently printed colored copies (extra charges apply) and told her my mistake. She charged me for B/W since it was a mistake. Also, using the internet for 5 minutes is free (just enough time to check in and print boarding passes).
There is a Resorts World bus that shuttles to and from the airport every hour for free. Just be at the lobby 10 minutes before the hour. I will definitely stay here again and hopefully, longer next time.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool was nice and relaxing.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Stayed here for 1 night. Room is average level of 5 star but the location was near to airport. Security is right and there are friendly smiles at the reception upon check and check out but there were some credit card charge error upon check out and the front desk personnel did not realize until I pointed out to her. She then asked me for my card and proceed to cancel the 1st credit card charge and then recharge again the correct amount. She was smiling and polite BUT she did not for once apologize for her error. Even after saying thank you and good bye.

For the rate you will be paying usd 300++, it's a shame that this overlook from them. Especially with charging credit cards in Philippines.

Hope they will inform their staff to be more alert of such matters when keying in charges to guest credit cards.

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank DaisyC153
Anna Liza V, Manager at Manila Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Ms. Daisy,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Rest assured that this will be followed up with the corresponding Front Desk agent. My sincerest apology on the inconvenience this has caused you.

Yours truly,

Anna Vergara
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Its a marriott so of course the hotel and rooms are amazing. My only complaint is that it took us over three hours to get our room after we arrived and then the tub was filthy when we did get our room. I also wish someone was have told us about the attached mall, casino, etc. Its not easy to find and there are no advertisements or signs, we didnt find it until our last day. The hotel does have its own bakery and candy store in the lobby and the food was great!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
bwinton, General Manager at Manila Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to reveiw your most recent stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed it overall however I would like to apologize for not informing you of our proximity to the mall. That is clearly one of our location's benefits and it is customary for our staff to inform guests accordingly. We will review this again with our team today. I would also like to apologize for the delay in checking in.

If your travels bring you back to Manila it would be our pleasure to welcome you back. Feel free to contact me if I can be of further service. I can be reached at bruce.winton@marriott.com

Bruce Winton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasay
Belmont Hotel Manila
Remington Hotel Manila
Conrad Manila
Conrad Manila
#3 of 31 in Pasay
Hyatt City of Dreams Manila
The Henry Hotel Manila
Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila

Been to Manila Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!