“Affordable Luxury Near The Airport”

Manila Marriott Hotel
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Pasay
London, United Kingdom
“Affordable Luxury Near The Airport”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My husband and I stayed overnight with our 2 children on our way to Dumaguete. The service was exemplary from the moment we got out of the cab to the moment we left the following morning. The hotel staff were exceptionally polite and courteous and couldn't do enough to help us. The rooms are very clean and of a very high standard. The bathrooms are huge! We also stayed for 1 night a few weeks later on our way home and the standard was the same. Perfect service and perfect hotel room. We had an very early flight out on both mornings and the front desk arranged for a takeaway breakfast both times. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I can't imagine there are any bad rooms here, so book any room with confidence.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Chicago/Colorado
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stayed here twice during a recent trip---once due to a Cebu Pacific screwup, and once by choice after a few weeks of diving. Both times the property represented a welcome respite from the chaos that is the MNL airport. I'm a Marriott Platinum by virtue of many work overnights, but I rarely stay in their more upscale properties as my stays tend to be longer-term.
I arrived sweaty and in shorts, but was treated the same as if I were in a 3-piece with an entourage. Everyone from the Front Desk to the bell staff, bartender and restaurant staff were welcoming without being obsequious, and the room was comfortable and sound insulated. While I had no interest beyond restaurant choices, the Newport mall and the giant casino undoubtedly are a big draw for many. The airport runs a shuttle to the airport every hour (to all terminals) and their in-room wifi was quick and efficient. If you want an upscale hotel near the airport, the Marriott makes an excellent choice.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Tahoe
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Very nice smallish room with large, well-appointed bath. Quiet. Gracious and helpful staff. Contiguous mall with many restaurants, a casino, high-end stores and entertainment options. I'd happily stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MovnOut
Philippines
Reviewed 28 April 2014

From the Valet to the Front Desk to the Dining Staff to the Housekeeping.. smiles that will brighten your day. Yes, from almost everybody. I love the cheerful atmosphere. And the smiles are so genuine. Not because they are required to do so. I'm so glad I chose to stay at Marriott even for just a night. How I wished we stayed longer. (BTW, I booked an overnight stay again via the mobile app before checking out because I sooo want to return here)

The carpet smells nice -- both the hallway carpet and the room carpet. I chose the non-smoking room. I also love the smell of the toiletries.

The free breakfast buffet is okay. I'm not a breakfast person so I wasn't able to sample as much as I want to. Thumbs up for the juice bar! And the Filipino station especially the beef tapa! Oh and the yoghurt parfait!

The pool is small but looks inviting. Will definitely swim when we return this June. I'm really so regretful we checked in at Marriott only for the purpose of sleeping. Promise, when me and hubby return this June, the sole purpose of staying at Marriott is to indulge and enjoy. I wanna access the executive lounge next time :)

I just wish the free wifi connection is fast. (though, I brought my own pocket wifi and it's not an issue for me)

Room Tip: make sure you sign up for Marriott Rewards, choose a room with the golf view because there's an...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Roselle T
bwinton, General Manager at Manila Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was very glad to hear you enjoyed your Marriott Hotel Manila experience so much. All of our team strives hard every day to ensure everyone has a similar experience.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future so you can enjoy all of our amenties and services over the course of a longer stay. Thanks again.

SIncerely,
Sydney
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed for just a few hours as we were flying back in from Palawan and were catching an international flight out of Manila that night and we wanted to shower, repack our luggage and eat. It was an expensive thing to do but I am very glad we did as Manila international airport is dreadful and the Qantas lounge (and Philippine Airlines lounge used on a previous occasion) and very (VERY) basic.

The hotel is new and is part of Resort World. I would have liked to explore the complex and the shops and use the pool and would have been very happy to be spending the night there and leaving in the morning. The room wasn't large but very comfortable. I liked the bathroom a lot.

We ate in the café downstairs and the food was good; we ate steaks and were happy with the quality and the preparation.

Only negative is you have to join the Marriott program to access free Wi-Fi in your room.

I wouldn't necessarily stay here again unless I wanted to be close to the airport but I wouldn't discount it as I liked the hotel a lot. It is very modern and the kind of hotel you would find in any international city. It is a sign of how much Manila is changing and developing as an Asian centre.

A note for travellers, the hotel is very close to the domestic airport but about 20 minutes from the international terminal (in peak hour traffic). They only had one shuttle, on the hour, a shuttle every 30 minutes would have been great. But it was complimentary and the drivers helped us with our luggage so I cant really complain.

My only advice for the hotel is that the staff were really perplexed that we were just using the hotel for a few hours as a stop over between a domestic and international flight. With its proximity to the airport and its appeal to Westerners the hotel might do well to market a day rate for the room and educate their staff on this type of service (the staff were most perplexed by our short stay)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tuesdayjones
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Marriott Hotel Manila, albeit it very short. I was happy to hear you had a pleasant and enjoyable experience. I also noted your comment regarding the staff's appararent confusion over your short length of stay and we have reviewed that with the team immediately for future clarification.

Thank you again for your constructive review. It is much appreciated.

Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

So so. Not very impressed ... Everything is expensive! The room is ok. I would probably try different hotels when I go back to the Philippines! Not enough choices to eat and I Would NEVER go back to marriot cafe in Manila. Horrendous service!!!!!

Stayed April 2014
5 Thank NinanHawaii
bwinton, General Manager at Manila Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your last visit to the Marriott Hotel Manila. I am sorry to hear that your recent stay did not impress you overall. As a team we strive very hard to deliver top quality experiences to all our guests and we know that as a luxury hotel we have high expectations to deliver against.

Rest assured we continually address this type of constructive feedback with our team with the intent of continually improving.

If there are anyother specific details about your stay you would like to follow up on, please feel free to contact me directly at bruce.winton@marriott.com.

Thank you again.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My total of 2 nights stay on this hotel is wonderful.. Very close to,the airport , stuff are friendly , rooms are clean . Beds are comfortable . The front desk are very friendly Surely will stay here again

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Niceder
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasay
Belmont Hotel Manila
#3 of 31 in Pasay
The Henry Hotel Manila
Maxims Hotel - Resorts World Manila
Hyatt City of Dreams Manila

Been to Manila Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!