“Aloha Smiles in the Philippines”

Manila Marriott Hotel
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Pasay
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
“Aloha Smiles in the Philippines”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Aloha in Manila, Philippines...exist throughout Manila. I came here for leisure and to look at real estate. Manila has a lot to offer when it comes to living comfortable. The cost for 1200 sq. ft. 2- bedroom/2 bath Condo unit cost you $280,000.00 USD. The buildings all come with modern day...golf course, air condition, medical clinics, hospitals, detail clinics, salons, swimming pools, shopping malls, fitness centers, grocery stores in your building, etc. The airport is less than 1.3 miles away from your residence. There are other condo projects through Manila...single family homes in the countryside throughout Philippines.

Room Tip: Stay at a 5 star hotel. Low floors close to the elevator. All rooms have excellent bathrooms, air co...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Michael A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed at the Marriott Manila for Staycation last weekend. My former colleague invited us to join their yearly Summer Outing. Last month I stayed in The Mandarin Oriental, Jakarta and I'd say the greeting comes with sincerity and warmth and April we get the chance to stay in The Crimson (I should write a good review as well of that hotel even if the queue for Check-in is disastrous). Filipinos are known for being hospitable and I never heard any warm greeting or see infectious smiles from the staff during our stay in the Marriott. This was my second stay and still didn't wow me at all. My daughter left her reading glasses in the pool area and was advised that if someone returns it they will call me. But didnt bother to ask what room number are we in.

I just hope not because we are locals we cant get to hear the warmth greeting from our fellow Filipinos.

The location is great, since its near the airport and newport. A lot of things to do around the area. The breakfast buffet is good and a lot of great choices to choose from. The room size is just enough for 2 kids and 2 adults. The area is well secured but seems like the security personels forgot to smile for some reason and you can hear it from the tone of their voices. Check in and out is a breeze.

I hope this review helps improve customer service - Filipinos are known to warm and sincere, I hope we dont loose it easily.

Room Tip: I love the golf view the first time I stayed in the Marriott.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Alegrea S
bwinton, General Manager at Manila Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your detailed review of your recent stay. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the property although I was concerned about the lack of warnth and genuine hosting care that you experienced from the team. Rest assured we take great care to follow up on comments that we receive and we appreciate the chance to do so.

I know my team will be dissappointed in themselves to know they left that type of impression on anyone as I know they try very hard to be as friendly, profesional and geniunely caring as possible at all times.

Thank you again and hope to welcome you back to Marriott Hotel Manila some time in the near future.

With regards,
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed at the Manila Marriott Hotel again from 20-25 May 2013 when I was in Manila again on a business trip. Wonderful stay as always - love the room, especially the bathroom.. service was simply excellent and as I am a Gold Rewards member I got to enjoy the use of the Executive Lounge as well as other privileges during my stay. All in all another fabulous stay at this superb hotel !

Room Tip: Choose the side facing the golf course for a better view..
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank limmick
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

After having stayed in the Bangkok JW Marriott recently I confess that my expectations were elevated but frankly, the issues with this hotel would have revealed themselves without the contrast. The hotel is, lacking a better word, shabby. It has all the signs of an establishment past its best, with perhaps a management that has lost focus on the reasonable expectations of the business traveler. The employees were trying hard, and in some cases they succeeded admirably, but for the most part they seemed to have been given only the bare bones of the requirements. I cannot accept this hotel as a five star.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank craigg268
bwinton, General Manager at Manila Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience at the property. Naturally I am concerned to hear that we did not meet you expectations overall. We take great efforts to maintain the quality of the property and we do have several planned projects to continue to upgrade and improve the hotel as we reach our 5 year anniversary.

If there are any specifics you can share with me I would be most appreciative of the details so we can address them appropriately. Business Travellers are our largest single segment of business and therefore your feedback would be most welcome and valuable. I can be reached at bruce.winton@marriott.com.

Thank you again and kind regards.
Chongqing
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Recently I completed my second trip with the family to this great hotel. While on vacation to the Philippines, transferring to and from Boracay Island, it was with great pleasure to get and stay at the Manila Marriott.
[1] – shuttle transfer: depending on the terminal you arrive at, there usually are at least two or more rogue taxi drivers trying to overcharge you for the trip to the hotel. This is why the hotel has a transfer shuttle, that comes at reliable times, and with extremely good attitude, good English and keen to help drivers.
[2] - security – one of the best guarded Marriott properties I have seen in Asia Pacific. Takes a bit of time to get accustomed with the scans and taxi searches, but it’s for your own good. Again very helpful staff, always left in a taxi and have been given a card with the licence number, the car is always searched for luggage and the bellmen and lobby greeters are doing fantastic job of always communication with the guests.
[3] – arrival and departure. On both occasions have been helped by front desk agent Henri. What a great customer attitude. Good English, good understanding of customer needs, always went the extra mile for everything. Finally through e-mail exchanges, Geli Reyes the hotels, Front Desk Manager prove to be an exceptionally well-rounded professional with good follow-up skills. This team really set the property apart from me and my family’s point of view.
[4] – Club Lounge – great place / definitely worth the extra charge, has plenty of local offerings to represent the great destination that the Republic of the Philippines truly can be
[5] – Breakfast – to be avoided if don’t want to gain weight rapidly – plenty of choice, staff is attentive, again loved the local cuisine from the far left corner of the buffet table. The chefs there, always keen on doing something to impress you. Very nice
All in all a good choice, in an accessible location. By taxi only 20 minutes from various city sites no excess in city traffic or construction noise. The hotel itself had lovely service and hardware, great staff with amazing English level, for sure a property that can be recommended while in Manila.

May you all have a safe trip :-)

Room Tip: Executive Lounge level is a good choice
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank IronAdventurer
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel so positively and in so much detail. We are very pleased to hear your enjoyed the property and the staff and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards,
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 23 May 2014

The whole time we stayed there was awesome. My husband and I love it and my kids want to come back for more. And as a Platinum Member, we get to enjoy the benefits and countless privileges. Great customer service, all the staffs, crew, including securities are polite, courteous and over all just wonderful. This is an overdue review but since I am planning to visit Manila again, this will be my temporary home. Very closed to the airport, connected to the Resorts World so if my kids get bored we just go out to the mall or watch a movie. Great restaurants to select from and if you want a simple meal...McDonald is there. The way the staffs treat us...we feel so special. And I love how they make the guest feel secured.

Room Tip: I love the golf course view.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Zamboanga City, Philippines
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Like this place aside from being close to airport and other specialty store is the Filipino service which makes it unique.

Topnotch facilities and amenities. World-class Interiors and exteriors suitable for a royal treatment and pampering.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasay
Belmont Hotel Manila
#3 of 31 in Pasay
The Henry Hotel Manila
Maxims Hotel - Resorts World Manila
Hyatt City of Dreams Manila

Been to Manila Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!