“The best....”

Maxims Hotel - Resorts World Manila
Ranked #15 of 32 Hotels in Pasay
Reviewed 12 July 2012 via mobile

I arrived at 5am and they were able to accommodate my early check in. They were waiting for me when I arrived. Staff was so helpful and friendly. There are restaurants at the hotel with affordable price. Free use of spa except for the massage ofcourse. Everything you need is inside your room. The best. Its worth the money..

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank justin1200

Reviewed 28 June 2012

have a very good restaurants and casino,shopping mall cinema. the crew are attentive and funny.they have a place to relax.you can go any where in manila with a free shuttle service and a good driver to send you to other mall and pick you up again to said time and place to where you they send and pick you up again go back to resort world manila.

Room Tip: ride a car few min from the airport, a front of ninoy aqiuno terminal 3
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kimanthony3
Reviewed 13 May 2012

stayed only one night in this hotel , for a weekend stay with my spouse and daughter , i am intrigued by the 6 star label that they claim , and being the only all suite hotel in the country ..what i LIKE : 1) location - being integrated in the resorts world complex and casino is an advantage in itself , together with the marriott and remington hotel brands ..2) suite- the deluxe type is impressive enough , with huge comfortable beds , good airconditioning , a tablet touch screen type guide/phone in our desk , and nice bathroom which have a separate shower stall and piped in sounds from the lcd tv set.. 3) swimming pool and fitness center accessible by a room card key 4) free internet 5) buffet breakfast in the coffee shop was really good , with numerous choices available which should be expected but not up to par for a 6 star status .. then for things i DISLIKE : 1) very inconsistent service -- when i asked the concierge/butler in the 1st floor regarding where i could check in , i was told it was in the 3rd floor , then when im supposed to go up, he asked for my name then upon checking his file he told me there was no available room/suite yet ( it was already 3:15 pm by that time ) , he advised us to wait for another hour , after 30 minutes i decided to go up the 3rd floor reception area by myself only to find out there was indeed a suite available since the front desk staff told me that i had a guaranteed reservation ... we even had to ask someone to help us with our luggage since no one volunteered to help ... and then i noticed one group receiving welcome drinks while no one offered us anything .. what kind of service is that ? sort of discrimination ? or preference for the high rollers and casino players ? ...the free internet worked for only one gadget , and not 2 as they have claimed .. Anyway .. to sum things up .. Maxims Tower : facilities, room , food and beverage 5 stars --- service 3 stars .. is it a butler serviced type hotel like the pan pacific manila ? well no one even introduced himself as our butler ...

Room Tip: ask for rooms facing the pool
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank doctorfoxtrot
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Maxims is a lovely hotel, but the systems and services are just not right.

On arrival I was told the king bed smoking room I booked was unavailable ! after kicking up a fuss and showing them the booking, I was finally given the room which I booked. Another guest who was checking said they often mess up bookings.

Air con still not right, either hot or freezing ! no middle ground. Plus it noisy.The air con in the elevators is still not working and they are really hot and stuffy.

Food and Beverage still not improved, We had to go to Marriott or Resorts World for good food.

The safe was not screwed into the unit, making a switch easy ! not safe at all.

They said they give only 4 small water a day, and wanted to charge 20 pesos for each additional water !

Overall its gone down rather than up, which is such a shame for what should be the best in Manila.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank benbee1
RWManila, Manager at Maxims Hotel - Resorts World Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Resorts World Manila!

Thank you for choosing Maxims Hotel again for your accommodation provider during your recent visit to Manila. Based on our records, you were part of the APT group that stayed at Maxims Hotel and you have stayed with us from April 18-26, 2012. We appreciate you for bringing to our attention the concerns you encountered during your stay.

I have taken note on the problem of miscommunication with our front desk regarding your special request. Definitely, we want to give our guests a smooth and hassle-free check-in experience. Training of all our reception staff would be emphasized to prevent this type of incident from happening again.

We have noted that extreme temperature and noise of the air-conditioning will be checked on all rooms. The same goes for the air-conditioning on all our elevators.

Regarding Food and Beverage, would you be able to give us the name of the outlet you are referring to so we can inform this to our Food & Beverage team?

I believe you have already reported the issue on the safe not being bolted down. We have already checked all rooms and ensured all safety deposit boxes are securely bolted down. I hope you were able to read our apology letter and also received the bottle of red wine as an effort to regain your confidence and demonstrate to you our concern for guest satisfaction.

Rest assured that the security and safety of our guests’ belongings are one of our utmost concerns.

I am surprised to learn that you were being charged for the additional water. We would be investigating on this matter. Rest assured that bottled waters are free and may be replenished at any time of the day.

Once again, I would like to apologize for the lapses in our services which you have mentioned. We sincerely hope that this experience would not impair your confidence in Maxims Hotel.

Carlo C. Cruz
Sales Manager, Hotel Sales & Marketing
Resorts World Manila

Reviewed 23 January 2012

this is one of the best hotels in the country. The service is great and the rooms are very spacious and homey. everything that you need is here. You even have your own personal butler and you can request any food that you like even if it's not on the menu. Definitely a must try for travellers who wants to enjoy the value of their money.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank mrk129
RWManila, Manager at Maxims Hotel - Resorts World Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Dear Valued Maxims Client,

I would like to thank you for choosing Maxims Hotel as your choice accommodation during your stay.

We are elated to learn that you had an excellent stay with us and particularly value the spacious and homey Suites that you stayed in, the very hard working Butlers and our F&B Team who gave in to your special menu request. Your comments are most appreciated and will be shared with the whole team.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon at Maxims Hotel.

Reviewed 21 January 2012

I spent one night at this hotel , and I left to another hotel, I was surprised to see how old it is, and how bad service they have , the hotel only serves the casino, so if you are not gambler then it is not your hotel especially if you have kids
during my arrival I informed them about my arrival time , they pick me from the local terminal after 90 minute , for a 4 minute ride from the airport to the hotel, and yet they charge me a full and expensive fee, with no apologies, one of the reception manger, claimed that she don't have authority to refund the fee due to late pick up, nor provide me with the suite I requested , and if I don't accept what they offer me they will charge me for one night ! so I end up in a large room , as they send me extra bed for the kids
all I can say that there are many hotel near the airport with a better quality ,food, services and cheaper price, but the hotel have a nice swiming pool

Room Tip: no much different as any old hotel
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Abdulaziz A

Dear Valued Client,

I appreciate your concern, interest and the time to bring these matters to our attention.
You feedback has raised many areas of concern that need to be addressed and will inspire us to strive harder for our future guests. We ask for your kind understanding and assure you that your comments have been of value to us to provide the best possible standards to our guests at all times.

In order to restore your confidence in Maxims Hotel, we would be delighted to offer you a complimentary room upgrade on your next stay. This Invitation is valid until September 30, 2012.

We thank you very much for your patronage and look forward to having you back with us at Maxims Hotel.

Reviewed 3 January 2012

I came here for the first time and it was on Christmas Day 2011. Very clean but too many people. I like the wallpapers along the hallway - watch hallway. You can take a creative picture there. I would definitely go back there again.

Room Tip: I did not get a room here but only came for a visit. I would recommend any adult person to apply fo...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Rosana S

Dear Client,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

December is a busy time of the year for Maxims Hotel as a lot of local and Foreign guests are billeted, the lobby may be full but once a guest is checked-in , total privacy is guaranteed.

You comment on our hallway wallpapers are appreciated. We encourage you to try and book a Suite to full experience Maxims Hotel.

Looking forward to your stay, and hope we will have the pleasure of serving you and your family soon.

Carlo Cruz, Sales Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasay
Remington Hotel Manila
Belmont Hotel Manila
Manila Marriott Hotel
The Mabuhay Manor
The Mabuhay Manor
#7 of 32 in Pasay
Hyatt City of Dreams Manila
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manila/At Mall of Asia

Been to Maxims Hotel - Resorts World Manila? Share your experiences!