“Good location, great service, quiet, clean, good choice”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manila/At Mall of Asia
Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Pasay
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Good location, great service, quiet, clean, good choice”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Location: walking distance from Mall of Asia, ferris wheel, different rides, international buffet, and bay. It was good exercise for us to walk and get a nice breeze from the bay. Ample parking space.
Service: We booked our room online through agoda and we had a quick check-in. We requested a higher level, quiet area, 2 beds and city view, and we got what we asked for, with extra bonus of bay view where we can view the sunset. We asked for room slippers and we got them right away. I have an early morning flight (6am) and hotel offered to have breakfast to go. I got my brown bag consisting of warm sandwich, boiled egg, orange, and water ready at 3am. Initially, I had the airport shuttle pick me up at 3:30am, but since we woke up early, I requested for an earlier pickup and they accommodated my request. Very flexible and respectful staff. My brother who was left behind enjoyed his breakfast - with viands, fruits and bread selections. Room with safe to store valuables. Free drinking water by the hallway to refill our bottled water containers.
Cleanliness - Clean lobby and restaurant; our room was on the 11th floor; immaculately clean bedsheets for the queen beds, floors and walls are clean. At 3am, two staff guys were already sanitizing the floors as we stepped out of the elevator.
Quietness - we had a restful night because the room was quiet; away from street noise
Cost - one bedroom with two queen beds cost about 3850 add tax and fee. Add an extra 685 pesos (as I recall) for airport shuttle. Good value. Drive at 3am took about 10 minutes to Terminal 1. Courteous driver.
View: Go all the way to the 12th floor and take the stairs to the pool lounge and admire the views both during the daytime and night lights.Good photo opportunity. Cool fresh air to enjoy in the lounge. Swimming pool is on this very top floor.
Highly recommended. We will stay here again for the future next trip to Manila.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quiet and had good views
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank pumpsnow1523
MicrotelMallofAsia, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manila/At Mall of Asia, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your very detailed comment in TripAdvisor. It nice to know that you were very satisfied with your stay. We very much value your appreciation of our people. It is always very rewarding whenever the efforts of our team are noticed by guests like you. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I was staying for two nights only and chose Microtel due to the convenient location next to Mall of Asia and the Airport. The Hotel is clean and the check-in / check-out was good and fast. I insisted that I will pay no deposit as I am not using any hotel services except for the included brakfast and would pay any extras in cash. The breakfast choice was good on the first morning but on the second I didn't find much to please me as local dishes e.g. bangus are not my cup of tea. When I got up from the table to get some more food and left a half full glass and the dirty dish I found that within like 1-2 minutes everything disappeared assuming that I have finished (including the cup of coffee I was just served and only had one or two sips...)... The waitress must have had her very first day that day I assume, as she was not very experienced...

The hotel is good value for money and is close to Mall of Asia which was my key criterium. However there were two / three unpleasant things: 1. My Safety deposit box was defective and it took several attempts and untill the evening untill it was fixed which resulted in me carrying all my valuables with me in a backpack in the hot weather. However that was fixed before I went to bed so I could live with it, even though it required reminding the staff several times. 2. The Internet is not for free in the rooms, but if you get your unlimited LTE card from Smartmobile you can live with it... 3. on the second day / night the TV connection broke and due to their cable provider they were not able to offer any TV program. Instead they offered free wifi in the room of which I did not avail. Stay 14.-16. December 2013

Room Tip: Definitely a Corner Room with View of Manila Bay and the Ferris Wheel - I specifically asked for it...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
MicrotelMallofAsia, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manila/At Mall of Asia, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comment in TripAdvisor. It is nice to know that you appreciated what our location has to offer and that you find our rooms clean. We will use your comments to improve on our services. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Chevy Chase, Maryland USA
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We wanted to be in a hotel close to the airport but we should have stayed at the InterContinental in Makati which is just as close. The water is not potable and you have to go to the hall to get water to brush your teeth. There is no carpeting and the beds are uncomfortable. If feels like a prison with very dim lights. The most irritating thing was we had two rooms for five people and we paid for a transfer to the airport. When the hotel found out one of the people in our party was leaving from a different terminal, they wanted to charge us for TWO trips to the airport. We solved this by requring the hotel to take all of us to the terminal where the first flight departed then just paied the driver to take the rest of us to the next terminal. Super irritating for a small extra cost.

Room Tip: I would ask for a high floor that has a western view if you will be there for sunset (which is extra...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
MicrotelMallofAsia, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manila/At Mall of Asia, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comment in TripAdvisor. We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay. Rest assured that we will look into your comments and see how we can improve on our services. We still hope to welcome you back in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Pasay hotels

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed here on our stop over to Boracay and after and the corner room with bay/sunset view was nice! Short walk to MOA for food and other items you may need. The breakfast inclusive of two adults only and you have to pay if you have kids! The breakfast is not bad but become so busy if your late and hard to get a sit. Overall stay is good. Pick a corner room on upper floors if you can.

Room Tip: corner room upper floors to have a view of the bay
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
MicrotelMallofAsia, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manila/At Mall of Asia, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comment in TripAdvisor. It is nice to know that you had a pleasant stay with us. We are happy to know that you appreciated what our location has to offer. We value as well the high ratings you gave us in terms of cleanliness. We do hope to welcome you back in the future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

We booked two rooms for one night in this hotel as it was close to the Mall Of Asia, and the airport. We were with two other members of the family, and were flying to Davao the next day.
This is the third hotel in Manila that we have stayed in within the past 2 weeks, I have reviewed the others here on Trip Advisor.

First the good (this won't take too long)
Location is handy for the Mall Of Asia
Clean rooms, TV worked fine.

Now the rest.
Firstly the rooms only had shampoo, no shower gel. The aircon remote in both rooms did not work.

We had actually booked online a couple of months ago, 2 rooms for 4 people. We arrived at 13:30 and checkin time was 14:00.
Firstly, they only had one room reserved, though my paperwork confirmed there should have been two. The receptionist advised us that we could have the first room now and the second at 14:00.
I thanked him, we all waited in the first room until 14:00.
I then went to reception and requested the key for the other room, I was told it was being inspected and they would bring the key to our room when it was ready. I thanked them again and waited and waited.

We had just arrived form the Pangasinan after a 5 hour journey, we just wanted to get settled in and freshen up before going to MOA and having a meal.

14:30, still no key, I phoned reception, no answer the first time, when they answered at the second attempt, I explained that we had been waiting for a room which was promised to us at 14:00, it's now 14:40 and we need to get ready to go out. They apologised and said they would investigate and call me straight back.
Another half an hour without a call, and I'm getting a tad annoyed. I know if I go to reception, I'll probably lose it so to keep the peace my wife went instead. She spoke to a lady, who after much typing and no dialog managed to sort out a different room, no hint of an apology or explanation, just gave the key card and carried on.
Of the 3 hotels we have stayed at, this had the worst staff, they just couldn't give a damn.
Breakfast was a buffet, the meagre choice, what there was of it, wasn't too bad. Fruit was ok, but only if you like melon, they had 4 kinds, but that was it, no other fruit.
Finally, when we checked out, the receptionist took my card and disappeared for about 3 minutes, probably nothing, but not a good practice, when he returned, he put it through the front desk terminal, all a bit odd.
My advice, if you need a hotel in this location, although not perfect, use the Heritage, it's a bit further from MOA, but they do have a free shuttle bus.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gerry M
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comment in TripAdvisor. It is with concern to know about your experience in the hotel specifically during your registration. We understand how disappointed you were on how we handled your reservation. Rest assured that we will evaluate our registration process and act accordingly. We value your comments and we will use them to improve on our services. We still hope you can still give us another opportunity to serve you.
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Mould in between the tiles in the washroom. Stains on the bed linens. The blue wall colour does not bring joy! The breakfast, though plentiful, was tasteless. The location is great but they could have done much better to attract balikbayans to make it their home especially being so close to MOA.

Room Tip: If considering this visit the Solaire casino resort one street over for a comparison or alternative!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KCFoodLover
MicrotelMallofAsia, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manila/At Mall of Asia, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comment in TripAdvisor. It is with deep concern to know about the condition of the room given to you in terms of cleanliness. We are saddened by your comment as we take pride in our cleaning standards. Rest assured that it is an isolated incident and that our Executive Housekeeper was already informed for appropriate action. We have taken note of your comment as well with regards to our breakfast service. We understand that you would not want to stay with us again. However, we still hope that you can still give us another chance to serve you.
Bacoor, Cavite, Philippines
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Since my boyfriend only has a 2weeks vacation and we have to do a lot to things that included paper works in the metro, I decide to book a hotel near metro and still have our alone time. Looking for one is not really easy since there are lots of new hotels in the metro but I still have to filter those hotels base on my budget and the accessibility.

Room Type/s: 1 2 Queen Beds Room-Sunset View
Price
Not bad, for 2N 3D stays 8640k, the price is almost the same with other hotels in that area.

Room
The space is enough for two people; our favorite place of the room is the bench beside the window. You can view the sunset and the skyline of Manila and Makati and since it’s the season where we are filled with lights it is beautiful to see the MOA Bayside.

Amenities
Pool is on the rooftop, on our first night we decide to see the pool but it was closed at 9PM but we still able to see the pool and the view from the rooftop It was beautiful, skyline on every corner; Manila, Makati, Parañaque and Cavite.
Breakfast, for 2days we had our breakfast in Millie’s that was included it was ok. The choices are not that much, the refills of the foods are a bit slow but you can take it.

Stuff
All are with smile on their face whenever I sees one even the bellboy they will greet you, such nice people.

Especial request
I want to surprise my boyfriend so I made a little request. The request was not specific so I ask them to help me how to surprise him. I don’t really believe that they will honor my request since it was our first time to stay in the hotel but they still manage to bring a cake for us.

Others
The schedule cleaning, I read the notes on the Restroom that leave the towels on the sink when you want to change it, I didn’t do that since we are just staying in the hotels for 3days but I think they still change it because they were folded again from the first time I seen them. Other Hotel don’t do that you still sees your towel where you hang them or they will just fold it and place it on the same place. (I hope I’m right because I like that)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank simplyelai
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comment in TripAdvisor. It is nice to know that you and your boyfriend had a pleasant stay with us. The perfect score you gave our team in terms of service is a validation of the efforts of our people. It is always rewarding whenever our people are appreciated. We also take pride in our cleaning standards. We are happy that you find our rooms clean and in order. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!