“Affordable, Safe, Comfortable stay near NAIA.”
Review of Shogun Suite Hotel

Shogun Suite Hotel
Ranked #21 of 33 Hotels in Pasay
Reviewed 20 August 2014

If you're like us and are needing a place to stay near NAIA, this hotel will work just fine! We reserved online so it was 200p for their shuttle from Terminal 3. Our plane landed late (delayed) so I just called them from Terminal 3 and the driver came quickly (15 mins). The check in process was smooth and the rooms are a bit on the small side, but not bad for a night or two. We had a flight early the next morning, so we just ate dinner up near the rooftop pool at the restaurant. It did have nice views from there, so it's a strong selling point of this hotel in my opinion. The next morning we had free (included) breakfast which they arranged for us very early, which was greatly appreciated by us. The shuttle was also available to use again, so we took advantage at got back to the airport on time for our flight, also from Terminal 3. Although our stay was short, it was rather sweet and we would stay there again if ever needing a place near NAIA. I'd recommend.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Thomas S

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Great foods, friendly staffs, fantastic room, magnificent view at night. All in such a reasonable price. We stayed here for two nights and me and my hubby decided to come here again. It is indeed one of the best, if not the best hotels near NAIA.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mc A
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I've stayed at Shogun three times now, once in 2013 and twice in 2014. The price was in my opinion awesome. The room my fiancee and I stayed in was under $40 per night. With that was a free buffet breakfast that was the best I ever had in the Philipppines. It had many choices. Started with white rice, then egg, pancit, hotdog or chicken adobo, smoked fish, a couple other things I can't remember now, toast, fruits and veggies, and water or another drink. Two thumbs up!!! You can order room service also and the food is very good. There is a pool/restaurant/bar on the roof which is very nice also! You are a few minutes walking distance from either the MRT or LRT. There is a small mall right next door which is nice as you can buy some groceries or get take out food or even in the past I exchanged money. (Not sure if the money exchanger was there this time as I didn't need it so didn't look for it) Free airport pick up was included. I believe it was P200 to use a vehicle from Shogun to the airport. Taxi ride was under P100 to go to MOA. I've heard some people say that it seems like a shady area, but I've never had any problem walking on the streets around Shogun. Been in that area many times since 2004. If I can get back to the Philippines again, I will stay at Shogun again and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Ken D
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Hotel short budgets. The location is very good for its connectivity (pass 2 metro lines, Jeepsey stop is a fairly well-known place in Manila). A meter also houses fast food open 24 hours. Shopping Supermarkets and small, also a few meters. As for the hotel, nothing fancy. Small rooms with just enough (refrigerator, clean bathrooms). Cons: very small, poor or no mattress windows, very poor breakfast. Hotel recommended for singles, short budgets, or overnight between flights (is located near the airport).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Andres S
Reviewed 27 June 2014

me and my bf went here without any reservations whatsoever.. the staff was accommodating enough to find us an available room as soon as possible. we stayed here for 3 nights and 4 days. the room was great same as shown in the pictures. the ac was cold and the flat screen tv was nice. the only prob maybe was they didnt hot water for the baths. will be definitely coming back. very accessible!

Room Tip: we had room 421 its was really nice ac was cold flat screen no noises spacious
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Julia B
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Hi my name is damien , we stayed here over the Christmas break , the rooms were very nice , and they also had all you can eat breakfast , but what we loved most of all was the pool , it was situated on the 8 th floor over looking Manila , loved it all ,

• Stayed: December 2013
5  Thank damian a
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed here for one night. I was in Manila for a concert, so I needed an inexpensive place to stay in. I thought it was a good deal since the total cost of the room included free use of the pool, breakfast and hotel pick up. Unfortunately, all the good things about our stay ended there.

The moment we stepped into our room, the first thing that went through my mind was how small it was. I read that some people liked the beach-themed wall, but it looked tacky to me. The room would've been more aesthetically pleasing if the walls were just plain white or any other color. Also, there was something wrong with the aircon. We were still sweating because of the heat.

An hour or so before midnight, we found ourselves packing our bags once again because they decided to transfer us to another room. It was better and more spacious, but then we found out that the toilet won't flush. We had to lift the cover and press the button within.

What irked me the most is that they called up around 9 AM the next day to tell us that we had to check out, or else we'll have to pay for another night. We were confused because it was stated in their site that the check out time is 12 NN. If an early check in meant an early check out, I think they should've told us beforehand. (This has NEVER happened to me before.) We were clueless, so we had to hurriedly pack our bags once again.

To be honest, I'm really not picky with hotels as long as it's clean, but I can say this is the worst one I've ever stayed in. I don't think I'll ever go back.

Room Tip: Really cannot recommend this hotel because of our negative experience.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends