“City Hotel”

Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Pasay
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“City Hotel”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed here twice on our trip to the Philippines at the beginning and at the end of our trip. We received upgraded rooms and although its dated its exactly where we wanted to be. It was conveniant to our trip and all the staff were super helpful.
We didn't use the facililities other than gym but had a good look round. The pool area was clean albeit dated and the restaurant seemed ok. We had breakfast there a few times and this was lovely... big selection of international foods. The gym was kind of poor and very small. The changing rooms need a complete overhaul, they were awful.
I would stay here again but I would rather check out some of the other nicer 5 star hotels as this wasnt quite up to the mark.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the front as then you get a balcony!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Steve G
Karmina D, Marketing Communications Manager at The Heritage Hotel Manila, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear Steve P,

Greetings from the Heritage Hotel Manila!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always pride ourselves in providing excellent service to our guests.

We have taken note of your comments and have raised it to upper management. The swimming pool is currently being renovated and will be ready on your next visit. We hope to be your choice of hotel again on your next visit.

Warm regards,
Karmina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Townsville, Australia
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here on two separate occasions whilst holidaying in Manila. We chose it due to its proximity to the airport and SM Asia.
The first occasion we had a standard room, which was very dated, yet suited us fine. The prices for drinks in the mini-bar and lobby were exorbitant. Cheaper to drink in Sydney!
The breakfast was the usual buffet fare, with thousands of staff attending to needs. We did it tough to get a seat which was frustrating. The staff were more concerned with pouring drinks and handing you eggs rather than clearing tables and restocking the food and crockery, which ran out super fast with so many guests eating.
The second stay we splurged on a Millennium Club room, advertised as free cocktails and some sort of executive experience. We were given a large suite, which was plain and dated, but was sufficient. The shower was so poorly tiled it flooded though.
The Millennium experience was so poor, we were thoroughly disappointed. The free cocktails consisted of a couple of bottles of booze and cans of softdrink to be mixed ourselves. Not a cocktail nor shaker in sight. There was a tiny buffet with snacks, which made me violently and repeatedly vomit 90 minutes later. I'm so glad my pregnant wife avoided the food. My wife had the breakfast in the 'club' the next morning (I was still too unwell), there was no hot food, the food was poorly stocked and no service to be of assistance. Appalling.
I lie in bed unwell prior to the 12pm checkout, and received knocks at the door twice and 2 phone calls reminding me of the 12pm checkout.
So a well positioned motel, but dated and very poor food and service. We certainly wont stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for Millennium privileges, only stay for convenience to SM Asia and Airport, not...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MickMF
Dear Sir MickMF,

We are sorry to hear of your experience and we have already raised your concerns to upper management. Your feedback of "poisonous" was investigated already, and we discovered that we had over 40 guests who dined alongside yourself during that period at the Millennium Lounge. Rest assured that yours was the only complaint of food poisoning that we have received.

We take this feedback seriously as the safety of our guests is always our topmost priority. Should you want to discuss this further with us, you may email marcom@heritagehotelmanila.com.

The Heritage Hotel Manila

Travellers are raving about these Pasay hotels

Dasmarinas City, Philippines
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My brother booked one Deluxe room and one Club room in Heritage for an overnight stay for his wedding the next day (Oct. 15-16 '13). Our family stayed in Deluxe room while his girlfriend's(wife now) family stayed in Club room. The Club room is also called VIP room since this room is in the 9f where the Millennium Club/Lounge is. Club room has additional privileges to its guests, including breakfast, evening cocktails, free internet access and others.

Now here's my review for Deluxe room and hotel services.
In their website, deluxe room details are the following:
1. NDD/IDD telephone access
9. Iron and ironing board
10. Marble bathroom with shower
11. Telephone
12. Hairdryer

My comments for the respective number:
1. This is not free, you will be charge if you call outside the hotel
2. Not free again. Its PhP300. I am not sure though if it is for a day. So expensive.
7. Of course usage of anything in the bar is for a fee.
10. Bathroom is nice but the toilet bowl flush is not properly working. If you are going to poo, you'll have to flush several times in order to clear the bowl.

I think this hotel is expensive/overpriced. Although they say they are a five-star hotel, I think this category is not appropriate for them. I've already stayed in other hotels but this one so overpriced to think that other services and amenities are not free. I know great hotels that have free internet access whatever room you booked, complimentary buffet breakfast, room service including request for a service water, with mini-ref (no extra charge if used) and others. The hotel I've described is even located in a province but it is better than Heritage. It is one of the best hotel in Negros and the price is more affordable. It is also new compared to Heritage which is old and has lost its beauty and elegance. Deluxe room doesn't have complimentary breakfast so it is an additional charge on top of the PhP3000 plus rate of the room. If you'll stay in this hotel, expect for many additional charges aside from the overpriced room rates.

What I truly dislike about this hotel is the stinking smell of the cigarette everywhere. No wonder why there are a lot of No Smoking signs. When I entered the lobby, I already noticed the smell up until we went to the 8th and 9th floor and even inside the rooms and elevators. This hotel is not good for people with asthma and sensitive to cigarette smell. I wonder why they can't remove that very unpleasant cigarette odor all over the place.

Room Tip: Choose rooms with windows facing EDSA for a better view.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Meg R
Karmina D, Marketing Communications Manager at The Heritage Hotel Manila, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear Ms. Meg,

Greetings from the Heritage Hotel Manila!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. We are sorry to hear that you experienced less than the standard of excellence in service that we are known for. We would have been happy to assist you in your inquiries and needs during your stay. Should you want to discuss your experience further, you may email us at marcom@heritagehotelmanila.com.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stayed here twice in the last two years. No problems with the hotel, everything is fine. The pool area has been refurbished since our last visit and they have done a great job. Breakfast and meals in the restaurant are very good. The staff, as you would expect in the Philippines, are very good. We stay at The Heritage , usually at the end of our vacation because it is not too far from the Airport and is very close to Mall of Asia. Normally stay for one or two nights.
Only one downside, the area outside of the hotel, is not particularly good to walk in, at night. Take a taxi.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank marcus4444076
Dear Marcus,

Greetings from Heritage Hotel Manila!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us as we strive to deliver consistent quality service to our guests. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

Room is good except some defect which could be improvise ,im now at heritage hotel staying for 10 night since monday ;location is good ,hotel staff frontdesk and at the lobby is not so friendly only the housekeeping staff is 5 star especially mr kim who service my room daily n attends to my need n concern since im with my wife n infant baby (baby cribs looks old not suitable for guest in a 5 star hotel )breakfast is almost the same dish with limited choice since i prefer halal food at the cafe ;breakfast buffet is surely not a 5 star ;now weather is not good so just stuck in the room however tv entertainment is chargeable,suggest the hotel can give 1 complimentary movie for every night stay would have make up a bit.Toilet is ok except the heater not heating up the water well. Wifi is good since my room is in the middle.Shuttle bus to mall of asia is a good service but would ve been better if they could provide it every hour instead(taxi is cheap but I prefer to hop on the shuttle since the taxi driver always takes advantage n try to cheat tourist like me).I will check out on thursday hopefully all goes well during my stay here ...

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Shameer K
Dear Mr. Shameer K,

Greetings from the Heritage Hotel Manila!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. We are sorry to hear that you experienced less than the standards that we set for ourselves in delivering quality service to our guests. We have taken note of your concerns and have raised it to management to address the issues. We hope to be given the chance to welcome you again soon.

Should you want to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to email your concerns to marcom@heritagehotelmanila.com.

Warm Regards,
Balulang, Cagayan de Oro, Philippines
Reviewed 11 October 2013

First impression when I first entered our room-- "what's this smell?" and i figured out that its a carpet smell and I sneezed all day! pft. Rooms are old and badly needs a boost. It is past the general cleaning. No words can really express the condition.(Dont get me wrong, but aside from the bad carpet smell, the room is clean)

the only commendable thing this hotel offers is the complimentary Lyons tea which I really enjoyed and eased my sneezing. :)

oh and one more thing, they offer a free shuttle ride every two hours to the Mall of Asia.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wacky E
Karmina D, Marketing Communications Manager at The Heritage Hotel Manila, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Sir Wacky E,

Greetings from the Heritage Hotel Manila!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We are sorry to hear about your discomfort during your stay here.. We have already raised this with senior management. To help us perform better in the future, you may email us your experience and suggestions at marcom@heritagehotelmanila.com. We hope to be given a chance to serve you again in the future.

San Diego, California
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Imagine calling up to make a reservation and you cant. Now imagine doing this 25 times on different days, asking managers to call you back, but never do. Imagine asking to stay there and asking for rates, but they wont/cant give them to you. Imagine trying to stay here but unfortunately, they don't know how to make a reservation. This is my reality
I don't know anything as poorly managed as this place, but I will never ever stay here, even if I WAS somehow able to figure out how.

Room Tip: Avoid it unless you like Hassle, confusion and disappointment in your life
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank SonicSpringBok
Karmina D, Marketing Communications Manager at The Heritage Hotel Manila, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
Dear SonicSpringBok,

Greetings from the Heritage Hotel Manila!

We are sorry to hear that you were served less than the best service that we are known to deliver. We have already raised this with senior management. To help us perform better in the future, you may email us your experience at marcom@heritagehotelmanila.com. We hope to be given a chance to serve you again in the future.