“Pleasantly surprised.”
Review of Hotel Jen Manila

Hotel Jen Manila
Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Pasay
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 2 nights, one night in a King club room and one night in a suite (writing this in suite 1602). Both rooms were clean and in great condition. The club lounge is spacious and comfortable.

Though the immediate surroundings of the hotel are not so great, Mall of Asia is just a short taxi ride away as are several other places of interest. Very convenient if you need to visit the US embassy.

The staff are friendly and efficient, especially in the club lounge.

I will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Matt M

Reviewed 22 August 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights with my boyfriend, the staff was friendly and professional specially Borge Jao of Front Desk, Dante of Room attendant they both delivered a world class customer service :) I love the room, fantastic Bay View, the room is very clean too.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I stayed here to attend the 1st ASEAN Printing Forum and Training at the PICC. Under the management of Shangri La, Trader's Hotel to meet hygiene standards in terms of facilities, equipment rooms, lighting, floor area of ​​room to move around and relax, efficiency in managing check in, friendly staff and very helpful. Speed ​​elevator to go up to your room floor very fast and running smoothly for me. The hotel's location near landmarks such as cultural centers, the Philippine International Convention Center (PICC) and of course The Biggest and the largest mall arena in asia namely Mall of ASIA. Foreign exchange center adjacent to the hotel is located in Del Plar Street. Hotel very close to the Ninoy Aquino International airport.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank mohd_azurin
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Last time I went to a Traders hotel, was at Kuala Lumpur Hotel. It was just great.. So I choose this hotel on my way to Taipéi for only one night.
Location is not very good. for a tourist I think this is not a good zone,,, I did not feel safety.. there is nothing to see around walking distance.
I made my check in at traders lounge.. very nice with a great view.. My room was the 1706.. Nice room,quiet, clean and with good size.
I took dinner at latitude...I could not believe that this was a traders hotel from Shangri la chain.... service and food quality is very far from what it should be,,,some dishes were almost empty and they never replaced.. fish was cold... floor was slipery and only after I told one man,, he cleaned.. Dishes in my table never taken only after I order my coffe.. waitress when you call them.. they seem to do as they did not saw you...because many of the time they are talking each other and no paying attention to their work..
Breakfast at Traders Lounge was good with a nice service...
I am not sure If I return to a Traders hotel someday

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank willmexicocity
TradersH0telManila, General Manager at Hotel Jen Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Dear Mr. Willmexicocity,

Please allow me to express our sincerest apology for the inconveniences you experienced on your recent stay. Thank you for bringing these to our attention. We believe that it is with feedback like this that we can improve our services and facilities. We have taken note of your concerns and rest assured that we will investigate on this matter.

You may contact me through my email gordon.aeria@tradershotels.com to discuss your concerns further. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Gordon Aeria

Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

Returned here on the 16th of August after discovering and loving it there on my previous visit to Manila in 2012.

It was fantastic all over again so I thought I would upload my latest raving.

I booked in for the Traders Club Room again so that I can get the exclusive services like the VIP check-in at the 19th floor Club Lounge with a welcome drink, followed by happy hours (5-7pm) in the Lounge where I can enjoy the magnificent sunset view over Manila Bay gorging on delightful canapes with as many Tanduay Rum & Cola as I can squeeze into two hours!

The Rooms in the Club Floors are new & modern, the welcome fruit plate is awesome, the free WiFi is fast, the inclusive buffet breakfast is delicious... I just love this place.

On this particular occasion, my partner and I were departing on separate flights. He had a 9pm flight, so the hotel invited him to stay in the Club Lounge for as long as he liked! Very happy!

For your reference, the taxi fare from the Airport is about 20 minutes and 150 -200 php depending on traffic and scrupulousness of the driver.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Hiraz
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Like the last hotel I stayed in, this is also a family-owned business. Whereas the former is already in its twilight, this one seems to have aged quite gracefully. And as a remembrance of their legacy, the family members share their favorite dishes for in-room dining: bulalo (beef shanks in soup with corn cob and spices) ala Julita, Kitchie's CPK (chicken pork adobo), Pia's garden salad (mesclun bouquet with blackened chicken breast tossed in raspberry dressing). And at very reasonable prices (most of the dishes cost less than 10 dollars). The rooms have been renovated nicely and are very pleasing. To welcome you back, other hotels offer you a fruit platter. This one does it with a bottle of Australian shiraz cabernet! And oh, the view! Cannot appreciate it fully unless you're there (and of course, I do not want to spoil the suspense). What impresses most is the staff. You get a real sense that they sincerely want you to be happy. Filipino hospitality at its best. They genuinely enjoy what they are doing and if so I could imagine they don't consider it work. Kudos to the Benedictos for making an "old" hotel feel so gloriously like home.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I really fancy Traders Hotel and everything around it. The staff were very friendly and accomodating and their check in was hassle free. WIFI ready. The room are very good and clean for its class. The room views were superb overlooking the Cultural Center of The Philippines on which you can do jogging on an early morning. Partly viewed yacht club and its sea. Few minutes to Harbor Square if you fancy something to eat on restaurants. And its safe! Their security was on top shape. Guards and k9 on entrance with metal detection aswell. Ive been here twice already and still enjoying it. Best place after a long flight.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple