“Good Choice”

Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Pasay
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good Choice”
Reviewed 26 March 2010

Stayed here for 3 nights mid March 2010, Shangri La its not but clean & comfortable it is. At the time there was a Thai Buffet in the restaurant area, which was well worth a visit. The coffee shops also worth a visit great coffee and snacks plus free Internet access. We only went into the bar on the last night and found a band performing so had a few more drinks than expected. The staff are great very helpful and friendly as were all the Philippinoes we met. If you don’t want to eat in the hotel there’s a great restaurant complex across the road to the right near the Marina.

Nearby is the US embassy and the Manila hotel which is worth a visit as is the Sky bar in the Diamond hotel further down the road great views of Manila Bay

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank redchad

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 16 March 2010

This hotel isn't spectacular but it is very good - comfortable, modern rooms, though some of the furniture is a bit scuffed. The gym and pool are good - again, not amazing, but all that one needs. The buffet breakfast was lovely, and the service was quite good. It was worth it for the "advanced booking" price, though I'm not sure I would pay the regular price to stay at this Traders.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank dawnbourke
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 26 February 2010

Nothing to add to my title. Always a pleasure to come back!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Thebeachwanderer
San Antonio
Reviewed 22 February 2010

There are many good things about Traders Hotel now operated by Shangri-La. First, it is very close to the airports in Manila so transferring is very easy--and for us was included in our hotel rate. When we arrived, the Traders/Shangrila concierge quickly got us a car where we were offered cool towels and bottled water. The trip to the hotel in heavy traffic took under 1/2 hour.
We requested a non-smoking room with hypoallergetic pillows, and that was what we got. Our kingsize bed was a bit soft, but still quite comfortable. The room was spacious, the internet worked fine, the selection of television channels very good.
The bathroom was a bit on the small side, but adequate. The water pressure was the one of the best we've experienced in Manila. However the movable shower head, even at its highest point was too low for my 6-foot husband. There was an imovable glass shield in lieu of a shower curtain which made it impossible to run a bath without getting into the tub to reach the controls. The glass also made it very difficult to get up and down in the tub. There were lovely lavendar bath accessories--soaps, bath gel, shampoo.
The furniture in the bedroom was comfortable, but the loveseat very small given how much space was available. It was made for two small people, not two Americans.
The breakfast buffet (included in the room price) was excellent with a wide selection of foods available: American, Asian, European. However, the coffee I was served was instant and tasted horrible. I assume this was because the restaurant was busy, but it was certainly not up to the standards of the rest of the hotel. The service was excellent with my husband's tea being refilled several times.
The dinner buffet was a reasonable price and included fresh seafood, Asian dishes, sushi, individually carved lechon and beef tenderloin, and a selection of desserts.
Since our international flight out the next day was not until 6, the hotel graciously allowed us a late checkout of 2:30 without additional charge. Overall a very good experience.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank anneharper1951
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 26 January 2010

I was assigned to work in our Makati and was booked at the Traders for a-seven day stay. Being from Quezon City, I really am not familiar with Pasay City and was nervous that I might get lost on the way to work. But then the hotel sits at a location where it's near to every establishment you can think of. I had a great time touring and visiting all the malls in Makati (Greenbelt, SM, Glorietta) and I was also able to go to Divisoria Mall via a Taxi from the Hotel. On my last day, My family picked me up and we went to Mall of Asia which was a 10 min drive from the hotel.

What I really didn't like about the hotel is that they are not so keen with housekeeping or cleanliness. I did use the bathtub and then noticed that while lying down, it gave me a view of how dirty the toilet bowl rim is.

Also with the bed, I noticed that they just fix the bed back , fold the sheets and doesnt really brush out any dirt or dust that has accumulated underneath the comforter.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank anythingoes
UK
Reviewed 1 January 2010

Well what an enjoyable experience staying at 'Traders' was :)

I had originally booked Traders for one night at each end of my 15 day trip to Philippines but, due to a change in plans, and having already experienced Traders for one night, I booked for 7 nights for the latter part of my trip. I opted for Traders based on other reviews and because it offers an airport transfer service, and what an excellent airport service it is, a very pleasant 'Shangri-La' gentleman meets one at the airport, summons the car, from that moment one is not permitted to carry one's own suitcase :), and en-route to the hotel the driver enters in to polite conversation whilst offering one refreshing towels and water.

Upon arrival, and throughout one's stay at the hotel, it is a thoroughly pleasurable experience, all staff are so attentive and polite and I cannot speak highly enough of the staff.

Reading previous reviews .... my girlfriend and I did experience the 'child beggars' just the once whilst approaching the hotel, I/we just ignored them, avoided eye contact, and as soon as we entered 'hotel limits' the door staff sorted them out, I don't speak the language but I'm of the distinct impression that the 'kids' were not being invited in for tea and biscuits :)

The only fault I can pick with Traders is their prices for alcoholic drinks, P187 for a beer that costs P22 in the H24 store around the corner, if only they could reduce these prices then I would consider Traders to be 'perfect'.

And to Andreas (hotel manager), all of your staff are a credit to your establishment but particular mention for the receptionist who checked me out (room 924 23-30 December 2009) and your Lobby Lounge guys and gal, please pass to them my compliments and I hope to see them again at a time in the future. My regards also to the airport representative who met with me twice, this gentleman is another credit to 'Shangri-La'.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Phileas_Fogg_UK
Iloilo City, Philippines
Reviewed 23 December 2009

Stayed here with my sister for an overnight stay. Reception was delightful and fast. They gave me my requested room. Lovely room, everything inside and out is so nice...quiet place as well. Service was so attentive, didn't left me hanging with my demands. I really appreciate the effort, its expensive for an overnight stay but of course we need to splurge sometimes. Had a great time....

• Stayed December 2009