“Not Safe!”

Metro Deluxe Residences
Ranked #12 of 19 Pasay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We're ask to leave our room keys only to find out that somebody would just go in and do some shopping with our stuff. There's no security guard during the day so we waited 'til night time when there's one and we complain about what happen and what's missing but he says, i didn't know anything about it. of course he doesn't! that is why we ask him to check and investigate but there's no action from any of the staff. my friend also complains when she's inside her room having a shower somebody would just go in got hold of their room keys and when her husband saw him behind the door and ask what he's up to? he says he's there for house keeping and would check the toilet when there's nothing wrong with it and they never requested them to check either. he doesn't even know how to knock! he would just go in and wallah! so glad her husband was there with her so my friend told us to check our things in our room then i knew i lost my jewelry.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank marilou o
MDR42, Owner at Metro Deluxe Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Ma'am,
May I get the details of your stay at Metro Deluxe Residences? I have had no report of such incident nor has there ever been any similar problem with staff/management/security. I would like to investigate this further so I would appreciate a personal response on your accusation. I take this very seriously.

Thank you very much.

Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

Paid for two nights ahead of time. Big mistake. And staff was less than honest telling us the price on their web site expired that day so we paid the higher price. Spoke with someone else who checked in after us and they received the special price.

They showed us to our room and then explained that they keep the key and that we must request someone open it each time we wanted in.

Arrived in the room and my wife walked into the bathroom to a still dirty toilet seat and bowl from the previous guest. They complied when asked to clean it.

In the room spilled a cup of water on the floor and when we used a towel to wipe it up, the towel was filthy black after wiring up the water..

Went into the shower and no hot water. Asked them to turn on the hot water to which they replied there was no hot water available there.

Went to the common area to use the internet. Sat at a table and when sitting down noticed a little water on the table. I took a tissue to wipe it. After wiping the little bit of water off the table noticed the tissue was filthy with black dirt from wiping the table. Glad I didn't bring any done to eat at the table.

Signed into the wifi and not enough bandwidth to even load a web page. Complained and was told that the internet there was just slow. I then asked for the password for their own wifi and was told they didn't have any. I showed them that in fact they did to which they then replied that they were not allowed to let customers connect to their own wifi. I was finally able to connect on the one they gave me but connection remained very slow.

One thing I noticed about the staff is that they seem to prefer to sit and watch the tube rather than do upkeep to the place. Must be the mark of an absent owner or one who could care less.

Wife and I decided to go for supper. Wife stepped out of the room and as she approached the steps to go down a large rat bounded part her down the hall. Shocked to say the least.

Sleeping the first night and awakened by noise in the main common area. It was late and when the noise did not subside donned my clothes and ventured down. Was a football game on the tube and all the people were hooting and hollering including the guard. He just looked at me. I pointed out the nine o'clock noise curfew and that got the guard into action and they were finally quiet so we could sleep.

Appears cleaning of the room while we were out was someone going into the room and spraying a vile smelling spray of some kind to give the smell of a fresh room. Did nothing other than to drive my abused sinus condition wild.

Wife looked at the floor and decided that it needed to be cleaned. Went to get the mop and give the floor a wipe. It was then she discovered the reason our floor was so dirty. It appeared the water in the bucket had not been changed in a long while. Also, the mop was filthy. After a water change and a cleaning of the mop she mopped our floor. Hope the next guest appreciates it.

Second night could not get enough of a connection to the internet to load a simple news web page. Same the next morning.

Also, second might woke up by other noisy guests and again the might guard seemed to have forgotten the noise level curfew is supposed to be nine o'clock.

Gave up complaining as they seem not to care.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank teacherdavids
MDR42, Guest Relations Manager at Metro Deluxe Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

We apologize for your unsatisfactory stay with us. I was personally present during your check-in and I thought you were happy with your room choice which was to move to one of our bigger rooms. Our property is undergoing renovations thus the excessive dust/dirt in our premises. Nevertheless this is no excuse and we take your complaints seriously. It is unfortunate as well that during your stay with us our Internet provider was doing line upgrades. Again our sincerest apologies and we wish you all the best. If you have any other comments please feel free to email me. Thank you.

Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

The place is issolated, the rooms are tiny in group room. We can't move around and the bathroom is hell! You can't do anything besides sitting down while your toes and ankles are touching the door, yes seriously the comfort room is too damn small. So we requested to be transferred in another room. We got two family room instead of one group room. The blanked was so small i mean it cant cover a human being for god sake. And the place is so smelly with trash outside. The aircon is disaster too! If i will be back in manila i would not dare to check in here anymore. And the neighborhood is scary! Beware!

Stayed: December 2013
4  Thank anjela07
MDR42, Guest Relations Manager at Metro Deluxe Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

Hello Ma'm. I am very sorry to hear of your negative experience while staying with us. We pride ourselves for offering clean, safe, and affordable accommodations for budget travelers. Rest-assure that we take your review very seriously and have taken steps to rectify issues mentioned. Despite your initial experience, I do hope you give us another try. May I ask for your check-in date and other information? I would like to offer you a free upgrade to our Deluxe Room which is more spacious and comfortable if you were to give us another try. Thank you very much.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

This is a great place if you're looking for something cheap and clean at the same time. The room we stayed in (and I expect all rooms are the same) is not luxurious but is good enough for sleeping. We didn't stay in the room the whole day anyway so it was not an issue.

There were 5 of us and we chose to stay in the dorm-type room because it's cheaper than staying in their "barkada room". The owner was nice enough to give us a discount. She told us that they'd add another person (since the room is good enough for 6) to stay in the room but never did. I guess she just let us have the room all to ourselves. The room we stayed in has it's own bathroom and a small lavatory.

There's a fridge for everybody to use, but it was full all the time so we didn't use it. We appreciated free use of the microwave oven though. Hot water (for drinking, cup noodles) is free as well.

Room Tip: Be sure to stay in a room with an aircon. Otherwise, it would be too hot because there's only on...