“Authentic Filipino experience”
Review of The Mabuhay Manor

The Mabuhay Manor
Ranked #7 of 32 Hotels in Pasay
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

I loved the authenticity. Friendly staff, made us feel welcome. Authentic Filipino breakfast was served which was yummy, and loved the acoustic player in the restaurant. The beds were a bit disappointing. Had to change rooms as first bed was so hard. Rate was a little bit high. Overall good staff, good food.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Jennalee5090

Reviewed 1 April 2014

This hotel is probably reasonable value for Manila although a bit expensive for our budget. The room was spacious and comfortable with fridge, tv with international channels and hair dryer. No floor covering in rooms or corridors so there will be some noise. Not excessive during our stay. Food wasn't great and service was slow. Ok for us before the airport. Shame we didn't get there in time to try the pool.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank madamjackie
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The hotel is clean, nice staff, gym, good breakfast. In the morning I could hear noise from the window. Strategic location to reach Mall Of Asia and other places where to shop and eat. maybe it' s alittle bit expensive.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

The best thing in this hotel is the staff, very polite, friendly and always smiling, the like most of the Filipinos. The breakfast is also good with a lot of filipino food following the hotel idea to be a very traditional Filipino hotel. The rooms is not great but is a fair price for what you pay. The WiFi works well and the room service is good. The location is not very nice but is near the Mall of Asia, Intramuros and the airport.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anderson S
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Not one for the atheist. Plenty of prayer rooms and piped Jesus music at breakfast. Divine intervention needed in the laundry, the blankets covering the bed were very badly stained. Location is okay for the airport but not much else. Plenty of religious reading material in bedroom. Porter was rude and offhand.

Room Tip: Go to the Midas hotel just up the road.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank FlyingBathtub33
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I wasn't sure about booking this place but after all is said and done I found it charming in its own way. This is not 5 star material and doesn't charge for that. Yet this is a clean well run place by good honest people. As far as the honesty part I will just say they could have charged me for my shuttle to the airport on my departure and when the lady asked me if I used their service to get there I said no and she said well then you are due a free transfer to the airport. hey I was all ready to pay but this type of rare honesty is what gains my respect and repeat business.

The hotel gets a bad rap for being in a bad location? ITS MANILA!! ITS ALL A BAD LOCATION. I actually found this alley or side street very nice, safe and quiet. We walked around at night and I didn't worry. Its near Mall of Asia so that's a plus.

the staff here was very nice. The room was clean. The bed is hard but will due for a few days. The AC is loud but I get used to it. There is a pool which was on par with other hotels and there is a small gym. They also have a prayer room that while I wouldn't use it, I felt others might enjoy it.

The free breakfast buffet was not really to my liking (I like American style) this was more a Philippines, Spanish style breakfast so no pancakes... But there is an egg station and the food itself was good even if it is not what I would normally eat.

We had dinner here and the food was just ok. Dry chicken breast over salted with plain white rice. That was it. No sauce or anything for the rice which I thought odd. Still it was good enough and I thought a fair price.

Bathroom was clean and while the first night the water wouldn't get warm, the other 2 nights I was able to get warm showers.

If you need to stay in the Passay area and are on a budget I would recommend this hotel and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tahitisteve
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Excellent place! It's clean and cheap to stay, excellent food and service. I have stayed in 5 star Hotel and cost very expensive and food is horrible. Mabuhay Manor is the best and excellent food ...I recommend anybody to stay at Mabuhay manor.

Room Tip: I go every year and stayed in different rooms each year and all the rooms are excellent and clean...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business