This is not our first time to stay at The Linden Suites. We've kept coming back to this hotel because the rooms are big, clean and well-maintained. It was especially enjoyable for us this time because we had invited four of our 8-year old daughter's friends for a birthday sleepover.
The kids loved the big space where they ran around and played. There was a DVD player which kept them busy as well. The TVs are flat screen LCDs. The beds and pillows are comfortable. The bathrooms are well-maintained. We didn't use the kitchen much except to microwave some popcorn and to make coffee and tea. What we especially appreciate about this hotel is that they allow food deliveries from outside restaurants such as McDonald's. This is very practical and quite a considerate accommodation from the hotel since hotel food is usually pricey. The convenience store at the ground level (Mini Stop) also makes basic needs easily accessible.
Although there was limited variety on the buffet, food was good and suits the taste of local residents. The waiters were helpful and accommodating. The only thing I didn't like was when Rommel, who I think is the restaurant manager, handed us the bill without us asking for it. It gave us the impression that we were being hurried to leave the restaurant. I'd understand if the restaurant was full, but there were a lot of unoccupied tables. Anyway, he was apologetic when he realized we got offended.
The guards at the entrance were all very courteous and polite. I didn't quite like the front desk staff though. I found them a bit snooty, far from the old staff that we used to deal with. When I made my reservation 2 weeks prior, I had specifically asked for a non-smoking room, stating that I was checking in with 8-year old kids. When we got to the hotel at 3 pm, the standard check-in time, we were told that the only available room is a smoking room. I was really disappointed. After I told the front desk officer that I really needed a non-smoking room, I was told that we'd have to wait 1 hour. Either that or we check into a 2-bedroom suite. Whaaat??!! Anyone who has 5 young kids know that you cannot keep them still in one place for more than 15 minutes!! We ended up taking the smoking room, but with much disappointment.
As for safety, I like it that your specific floor can only be accessed by inserting your hotel card key into the elevator's security slot.
Overall, we would still come back to this hotel, despite the negative points.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A favorite among local and international clients, The Linden Suites offers business travelers and families world-class accommodations away from home. With 168 well-furnished designer rooms and suites, the hotel presents options for guests to enjoy hotel living in a desired functional space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your The Linden Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Linden Suites Manila Hotel Manila
- The Linden Hotel Manila
- The Linden Suites Metro Manila/Pasig, Philippines