This is my 6th stay at this apartment in 1.5 years, and while all facilities in and out of the room remain of high quality, I noticed that the service level has gone backwards of late, unfortunately. I stayed in Room 1010 for 2 nights checking in on 23 April. On my final night there, I requested for a late check-up at 2pm the next day which they kindly granted. My meeting was to end at 11 am and I had planned to return to the apartment to refesh myself and catch up on emails before my 2pm transfer to the airport. I also requested for a wake-up call at 7:15 am. The next morning, I noticed that the wake up call didn't come at all. Not a problem I thought, it must have been a rare miss on their part. In any case, I woke up on my own at 7 am. After breakfast, on my way out, I thought I'll just remind the front desk about my late check-out. I was surpised by their remark that my request "didn't show up on their system" and that I needed to check out at 12 noon. After a check with her supervisor, the person who served me informed me that the latest check-out time they can offer is 1 pm. When I explained to them that they had agreed to a 2pm check-out, their response again was that irresponsible "it didn't show up on our system". I was naturally taken aback by their lack of professionalism and decided to check out there and then, meaning that I had to return to my room and get my luggage. I thought the sensible thing any good hotel staff would do is to ask if I needed help with my bags. That didn't come. To make matters worse, a considerable large screw came loose from the door and landed on my shoulders (thank God it missed my head!) when I returned to the room to get my bags. I took the screw to the front-desk and told them what happend (this is a safety issue!!) Instead of inquiring if I was hurt, the supervisor gave me a look of shock (or suspicion) and was at a lost of words... I think she basically didn't know what to do. I decided then that I will not be the nice and reasonale guest that I am, and enquired them about the missed wake-up call. Instead of offering an apology, their reponse came in the form of a defensive excuse, a pathetically immature "regarding the wake-up call, you didn't answer the phone... so we immediately called our colleagues in the restaurant and got to know that you were already having your breakfast!" Yes of course... Oakwood, I went to restaurant at 7:45 am, which means your wake-up call came 30 mins late! Anyway, I fedback to them before I left that they need to improve on their internal communication. They responded, "Sorry sir, this will never happen again...."
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience luxury living, shopping pleasures and business comfort only at Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center Manila. Ideal for corporate travelers and families on leisure, this five star hotel has the most expansive living space within the metro with a mix of studio executive rooms and suites ranging from 41 sqm to 182 sqm. All rooms are equipped with state-of-the-art entertainment system, only the top of the line kitchen facilities, a shower stall that doubles as a steambath and a washer and dryer among other modern conveniences. Located in the heart of Ortigas Center, Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center Manila is steps away from the Asian Development Bank, 100 to 500 meters from a variety of shopping malls and entertainment facilities and 15 kms from the Ninoy Aquino International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Oakwood Premier Joy - Nostalg Center Manila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center Manila Hotel Pasig
- Oakwood Premier Joy - Nostalg Center Manila Metro Manila/Pasig, Philippines