“A marvelous experience”

Oakwood Premier Joy - Nostalg Center Manila
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Pasig
“A marvelous experience”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I have to reckon that, even used to business travels as I am, the standard hotel I am used to is just that... 'standard'. Oakwood was a complete, marvelous surprise, not only for the incredibly wide room, with an amazing set of facilities, but for the quality of the funiture and materials.
I was delighted by the WiFi high speed connection, that allowed me remote working as comfortably as I were at home... or even at office.
So geek as I am, I found an endless source of enjoy the three LED TVs available, and specially the Samsung Sound Bar attached to the TV at the main room.
Room service was fast and efficient, I only had a problem (with the TV remote control) that was solved in a couple of minutes.
The breakfast buffet was plenty of high quality dishes, with a really international approach.
Finally having lunch or dinner was a relaxing and quite-above-the-average experience.
I recommend Oakwood without any doubt. Had I to return to Manila, I will definitively choose it again.

Review collected in partnership with Oakwood

Rick E, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Joy - Nostalg Center Manila, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your overall comments about our Hotel and overall facilities. While I was delighted to read you felt the reception team was full of smiles, clearly the same cannot be said about our Oakroom staff. I have taken the liberty to speak to the relevant management in that area as to not let the rest of the team down. We note you are a return guest and thank you for your loyalty to us.

On behalf of the management and team, we look forward in welcoming you back in the future at Oakwood Premier Joy – Nostalg Center.

Rick Erdos

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Thai first
Reviewed 16 July 2013

This is my fourth time to stay in this hotel. As always room was nice, Spacious and has everything we need for cooking, bath etc. Perfect for small intimate parties with friends and or family. Reception staff are now smiling and accomodating compared to my previous experiences with the reception staff of Oakwood. I am very particular with the friendliness of the people behind the reception desk as they are the frontliners of the hotel. All the great amenities of the place will just go to waste if staff are rude or would not even give the guest the simple gesture of smiling. I hope you can work on the staff at the restaurant. we always avail of the breakfast buffet as food is always exceptional but it is very hard to make requests nor get the attention of the restaurant crew sometimes. We felt uncomfortable making simple request on what we need as we are always responded with an expressionlesss face.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 16 July 2013

This was my second stay at the hotel, I was very lucky on my first stay which happened when most rooms were fully booked. I got promoted to bigger room.

The hotel is nice and clean, it looks more like a serviced appartment with all complete cooking utensils.

I'm hoping that they provide compass in each room so that it'd be easier for a Muslim to find direction to pray, and information on the buffet whether the food contains pork product or not.

I haven't have the chance to stay at any other office in Manila, so not sure if it's the best service in the country.
I can say that there are hotels in different countries in Asia with better, friendlier, and warmer services.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time taken to review the Hotel. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the spacious room and you felt the hotel was nice and clean. With regards to your comment about information to assist Muslims to find directions to pray and breakfast buffet choice, we are currently addressing these points.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Room service needs a little bit of improvement. A brochure on operating washing machine, oven etc. would be great help. As some of the brand are not known worldwide so operating the machine is a bit challenging and at times confusing. Try to use more renowned brands like-samsung, LG, etc. whose operations are a bit known across various countries.
Try to provide more options like TV channels, and introduction of online movies viewing like HULU plus, etc.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business

Dear Sir,

Thank you for the time you have taken to review the Hotel. We have noted your comments about room service which in fact now update on a regular basis and the options of providing additional TV. In addition, the operating instructions regarding our washing machine, kitchen equipment is being actioned.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Hi,

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Oakwood Premier (Phillipines). The rooms are spacious, contemporary and provides all comforts of a 5 star place. They are actually better than many 5 star properties.

This will continue to remain my preferred place of stay while I am in Manila. Cheers!!

Bhavesh Antani

Dear Bhavesh,

Thank you for your review of us and in particular your comments about our room product and the comforts that we provide. We look forward to your return and we thank you for being an advocate of the Oakwood Premier Joy – Nostalg Center.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I stayed 5 weeks in the Oakwood in Ortigas and I have nothing but only good expierences. The area (Ortigas) although considered a nice area in Manila it is not a pretty area. But to make up for this the hotel. is surrounded by 5 shopping malls. The Upscale malls like Shangri-la and The Podium or bargain hunters paradise St.Francis Mall or the mega sm megamall. The breakfast of the oakwood is their only flaw, I did not like anything on the buffet but the staff they all they could to make it better for me. My one bedroom appartement was a dream with a free standing tube with TV and a steamroom in the Bathroom made the appartement the most beautiful I have ever stayed in. But the true success of the Oakwood is their incredible attentive staff. Reception, doormen, restaurant staff, cleaners every single one of them knew my name from day one. Amazing. Some of them really stand out like Victoria and Christina in the restaurant. The pool area is very nice. The Gym is also a good one. I had a great 5 weeks stay.

Room Tip: the one bedroom appartements are really worth to pay extra.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Rick E, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Joy - Nostalg Center Manila, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Dear Angel,

Thank you for the time you have taken to write such an extensive and comprehensive review regarding your stay with us. Your warm comments about our service and style of accommodation, is a great endorsement for us. Sounds like you had a great time in the many shopping malls on our doorstep. I am glad our restaurant teams were able to work around your taste for breakfast. I have passed on this review to both Victoria and Christina and they were delighted to know they played their part in making your stay such a wonderful experience.

On behalf of the management and team, we look forward in welcoming you back in the future at Oakwood Premier Joy ~ Nostalg Center.

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 24 June 2013

The room on the 28th floor is absolutely fantastic. Nice view. Big space for 2 bedrooms, kitchen, dining area and a living area. But for a hefty price, they should include free wifi. If you want wifi, you need to pay P300 per hour. Location wise, it is very near 3 different malls, there is a church and hospital nearby.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Rick E, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Joy - Nostalg Center Manila, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Dear Cathy C,

Thank you for the time taken in reviewing our Hotel. We are glad you found our two bedroom apartments to be very spacious and comfortable. In regards to the internet we have heard the market and many of our guests including yourself and we are pleased to announce that effective July 1, our Wifi will be complimentary in all rooms on all rate categories.

Rick Erdos
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasig
Marco Polo Ortigas Manila
Richmonde Hotel Ortigas
Edsa Shangri-La
Edsa Shangri-La
#1 of 7 in Mandaluyong

Been to Oakwood Premier Joy - Nostalg Center Manila? Share your experiences!