“Always A Pleasant Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Pasig
Manila Philippines
“Always A Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

This is my first review of this hotel/serviced residence , although i have stayed here several times since it opened . It was always a pleasant experience, the spacious elegant one bedroom suite making it comfortable for weekend stays or during convention periods . The location is quite strategic , or central , but that depends on the circumstance of the stay . Security is tight as well , and every point going to your room is needs to be access by a key card . It is a short walking distance to the Podium, and several more steps would lead to a series of restaurant outlets , and the SM Mega Mall . Included in my hotel package was free internet access , but no complimentary breakfast . We had brunch buffet at their Oakroom restaurant , which were offered at discounted rates for in house residents . The hotel also have a spa/health club and an indoor swimming pool . Highly recommended for those preferring longer stays , since the suite format very much fits a homey ambiance .

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank doctorfoxtrot
Rick E, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Joy - Nostalg Center Manila, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear Doctorfoxtrot,

Thank you for your warm endorsement about your experience with us, it appears that you are regular with us. We were pleased to read that you found all aspects of your stay with us to be enjoyable with our location very much suiting your needs. We appreciate the endorsement as being a venue for those who choose longer stays.

On behalf of the management and team, we look forward in welcoming you back to the Oakwood Premier Joy – Nostalg Center.

Rick Erdos

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Thai first
Jersey City, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Room and common areas were very nice with beautiful decor and modern appliances. Room was well set up for the business traveler. Stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment that was nearly as large as my 2 bedroom apartment in New York! Hotel was conveniently located within Pasig City to access nearby offices and malls. My biggest complaint was the food. Breakfast was pretty good, but both dinner experiences were awful. Everything is presented well and whatnot, but the food itself tastes bad. I mean, how do you screw up spaghetti and tomato sauce? Apparently it's possible. I ordered something different off the menu through room service the 2nd night and hedged my order with a piece of chocolate cake - just in case things turned out as bad as last night I could just eat the cake. Well both the stir fry and the cake were bland, tasteless. Too jet lagged to wander around for outside food. Worked out the in gym a couple of times and the AC was seriously lacking. For some reason, the hotel rooms are kept much too cold (you have to adjust the temp upward immediately upon entry) and there is very minimal AC in the common areas and gym so everything feels swampy - humid and hot. Couldn't work out for more than 30 min in the gym - just too humid! On my last night, I got a massage in a small room off the pool area. Unfortunately, this was not a terrific experience either. Until then, I didn't appreciate the skill that went into a massage, but now I do. I don't think the woman who gave me the massage had really given that many massages before. It was sort of painful and ineffective, not relaxing. So if you stay here, I would recommend avoiding the food & massages :-)

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank chillertracks
Dear Chillertracks,

Thank you for your time to review the Hotel. Clearly we read your review with mixed emotions as you have enjoyed the room product and its offerings. We value the feedback regarding our food and the concerns you raised for which I have made our Executive Chef aware of. In regards to the health club and massage experience I have spoken to the respective manager in that area to accordingly review your feedback. If you were to return to Manila again, please do not hesitate to contact me prior to your arrival at: rick.erdos@oakwoodasia.com. Until then all the very best and we look forward to seeing you again.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

if you are looking for an excellent hotel at reasonable price during your business stay in the Philippines, you cannot get better than Oakwood Premier. Rooms are spacious and clean with all necessary services. Internet link is perfect and good for multiple devices. The staff is very courteous and helpful. Your daily rate will most probably include breakfast which has all you desire to star your day. Be it for breakfast, lunch or dinner the food is great and should you use room service, it is fast and efficient. Although there is not much to do in the surroundings, there is a major shopping mall about 10 minutes away (walking distance)..

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time taken to positively review our Hotel. We very much appreciate your kind words about our facilities, the spacious rooms and our team. Our Chef was delighted that you enjoyed our food offerings for which we are particularly proud of. We look forward in welcoming you back to the Oakwood Premier Joy – Nostalg Center.

la union
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

place & room is excellent. website says wifi is free but it's not. thought valet was free too, but it was not. i thought kids below 7 was free including the breakfast but apparently only the room stay was free and for 3 year old, breakfast was billed 50%. wouldnt have minded it if it was declared early on as such. it also took so looong to check in. i thought check out was at 12 noon. but we were only able to enter the room at past 3pm.
superb facilities but guest service was poor...

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Oakwood

Rick E, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Joy - Nostalg Center Manila, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time taken to review our Hotel. I have noted your comments whereby you felt we may have mislead you on a few issues though we certainly do not advertise free breakfast and car parking. We do openly offer free wifi so I am unsure why you may have been charged however I would be pleased to refund you accordingly. My email details are: rick.erdos@oakwoodasia.com, so please do not hesitate to touch base with me.

As reference, our check in time is from 2.00pm as advertised however that said I will look into our procedures as to why your room was only ready after 3.00pm. We are pleased you found our facilities were good despite some service issues you had. The team and I look forward to seeing you back with us again.

Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

I had meetings at the ADB and was booked into the Oakwood. Having never stayed here before I had no idea what to expect and didn't have time to check reviews beforehand. I literally couldn't believe the spacious accommodations when I walked into my room. Make that "rooms" because it consisted of a large sitting/dining room, kitchenette, large bedroom, and a sizable bathroom. If you've spent enough time in hotels looking at rooms with "four walls and a door", this was enough to make you laugh out loud or cry with joy.

All of the rooms are comfortable and well-appointed, with quality furniture, appliances, electronics, bathroom fixtures, etc. Floor to ceiling windows bring in lots of natural light and artificial lighting, which can often be weak or poor in hotel rooms, is excellent. Bed and bed linens are of high quality. Dual zone AC is perfect.

The breakfast buffet is a cut above in terms of quality and selection, and the fitness room is well-equipped for a vigorous workout. The location in Pasig is ideal, and the staff is attentive, highly responsive, and a pleasure to deal with.

As a frequent international business traveler, I have stayed at many impressive hotels around the world that cater to the business traveler, but frankly the Oakwood here in Manila is perhaps the finest of its kind. I don't often provide rave reviews, but the Oakwood is most deserving. I hope I have occasion to return to Manila and I know where I'm staying if I do.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank fwg
Dear fwg,

Thank you for your overall rave review of us, in particular our room product, the space they avail and the facilities within them. We are pleased you found our buffet breakfast to be expansive, the gym suitable to your needs and importantly our location so central for your ADB meetings.

On behalf of the management and team, we do look forward in welcoming you back to the Oakwood Premier Joy – Nostalg Center.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

The staff were very friendly and would do everything asked of them in a friendly and timely manner. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Pasig. I felt safe, welcome and the food was good also.

D Watson.
Australia.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear D Watson,

Thank you for the time taken to positively review our Hotel. We very much appreciate your recommendation to other travellers to stay with us if in Pasig and we look forward in welcoming you back to the Oakwood Premier Joy – Nostalg Center.

Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Had my surprise bridal shower there. Rooms were clean and comfortable to stay with. They had all the amenities we need inside and outside the hotel. We stayed in a one-bedroom suite and its big enough for us.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

3 Thank sheena a
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time taken to review our Hotel. Clearly your bridal shower was a success and the team was delighted you had such a good time. All the very best for your upcoming wedding and your future.

Rick Erdos
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasig
Marco Polo Ortigas Manila
Edsa Shangri-La
Edsa Shangri-La
#1 of 7 in Mandaluyong
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,631 reviews

Been to Oakwood Premier Joy - Nostalg Center Manila? Share your experiences!