“Terrible amenities”

Goldland Millenia Suites
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Bought an overnight stay on the day itself through Hotelclub (due to house repairs). Was very tired when we got there, only to discover that there was no hot water and no internet access. We called the reception to complain and they could not explain why the hot water and internet was not available, since I asked them why there was no inspection made prior to our checking in.

They offered to change the room but since we were so tired and had settled in already, I refused. I asked for any other form of compensation for the hassle, but they said no discount was possible since I purchased via Hotelclub.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cinnamon23

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Their staff is AMAZING!!! So friendly, helpful and very humble. It has been a while since I came back to my home country and didnt realise how much the economy has grown. Needless to say, I was tipping them WAY WAY embarrassing below the minimum tip for their services and yet the staff members still thanked me, smiled and continued their superb service. I will come back and DEFINITELY tip accordingly next time. People like them is the reason why I continue to come back to manila.

Food in the restaurant however is another story. I would recommend dining out because it is not that tasty at all even for Filipino standard. I had the caldereta and my hubby had spaghetti, both we only ate half of even though we were hungry.

Room Tip: Try to choose a the suites, some rooms have loud air cons and it may annoy you if you are a light sl...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2013

GOOD THINGS-I stayed for 3 Days And Two Night After long hours travel ,Concierge/bellboy are so nice , very helpful and friendly and well assisting me,The receptionist doing well that immediately check me in according to all my request even i came early,The Housekeeping I love cleaning my room ,changing bed sheet with them,,,Friendly Housekeeping,and they greeted me with a warm welcome everytime they saw me in corridor..well Done ..Clean room ,. BAD EXPERIENCEI think they need to improve their buffet restaurant(more selection)and fresh juices, I chose ala carte rather than to eat their buffet,and i order penne pink sauce with seafood -the taste is so ridiculous" taste like "SNACKU"chips ...the ice tea no taste at all, same like I sip a tap water ...The worse thing that make me upset this situation "Around 1am in the morning i called room service to order water and i said to him i want to order water ,and the guy told me sir you don't have water , call Housekeeping, and i did not finish want to say he put down the phone, then i call housekeeping I asked him if he can give me water and he answer "OK Sir" 25mins 30mins 1hr:30mins we are waiting for the water ,,then i call back again and you know what he answer "Sir only 2 bottle per day ''what the [--] ,that the time i call reception /operator and she sent water immediately by room service ... BAD Experienced ,For Place And Price ,average, cause is near to business center and malls ...First of all I never I ask for free water and i clearly said that I want to order,' waiting almost 2hrs for our water ,The 2nd day i order 1 cola ,why they need 2 waiter to deliver my drink ,1 tray glass with ice ,2nd tray the cola,,,,make sense?EXCELLENT SERVICE for F/O ,BELLBOYS,And Housekeeping team ..

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Emzon C
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Buffet breakfast is not good. The foods were like stocked for a while. Even the fruits are not fresh. Be careful with what you eat. Just eat pancake and you will be OK otherwise you will be stock in your room's CR/Washroom for the rest of the day. Rooms are OK though.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank SOBJuly
Reviewed 30 April 2013

upon arrival at naia we were delayed in going to the hotel. called them at least a dozen times, nobody answered it was 11pm. upon arrival they looked awake .. room service staff .. ordered club sandwich with french fries .. order came with potatoe chips. i sent it back. got call from room service they have no potatoes .. i negotiated a discount..and told them they need to be honest with the guests instead of trying to fool us. breakfast buffet is nothing to rave about. upon checkin had two bath towels old and gray.. how old are they?? no hand towels nothing else but tooth brushes, soap and lotion. got the stuff the next day but the towels were still old and gray. shower had mildew .. houskeeping staff needs to do their job instead of doing for tips all the time.

Room Tip: tell what you want .. dont book thru the agencies call them directly.. i wouldnt recommend this hote...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2013

we thought this hotel would be good for the price. well .. you get what you pay for .. we arrived at naia at about 10:30 pm.. by the time we got our luggage it was almost 11:30... i called the hotel to tell them we would be coming.. i called them at last 10 times and got no answer. we checked in ok and the hotel was hard to find by the taxi. i had to give more directions to even make it there.. so its not well known.. in our room we found two gray looking bath towels.. recycled probably 100 times.. no hand clothes, no small towels .. just two bath towels. we got that taken care of the next day.. they had plenty of tooth brushes, lotion, shampoo and soap. big deal. the shower had mil dew in places they dont clean..
i ordered a club sandwich from room service which was to include french fries. when it came there were potatoe chips... i told them to take it back.. they called and said they had no potatoes... i said why didnt u call me about that before you delivered it? just "sorry sir" .. we negotiated a lower price for the sandwich.. i told them they had to be forthright and honest with the customers... the breakfast buffet was average. the fruit was poor... and they could have done better to refill coffees, water etc... internet was good but had 2 hour outage one evening. it was like a chinese firedrill to fix it. the location is not great .. it is behind some of the larger more well known hotels.. you have to take a taxi to get anywhere to buy food unless you like walking in 90 degree heat. i would not stay there again.

Room Tip: tell them what you want to and dont compromise.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank carlstTampa_Florida
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I stayed for 3 nights at the hotel. The room was clean and all the staff were very friendly and helpful. ADSL is available in the rooms, the internet cable can be borrowed at the reception. The buffet breakfast was nothing spectacular, there's definitely room for improvement.

The hotel is quite conveniently located with quite a few restaurants, cafes and convenience stores within a few minutes' walk, and there's a big shopping mall about 15 minutes away by foot.

Overall, it's good value for money, and the service is definitely its strength.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business