“Elegant Dining Experience”

Add it.
Ranked #73 of 506 Restaurants in Pasig
Cuisines: Korean, Spanish
Reviewed 16 May 2013 via mobile

Place is truly a semi private ideal for semi formal meeting and even on a romantic mood.

Ambiance and setting is very relaxing and menu variety for its class is adequate.

Service - you could not ask for more.

Reviewed 10 May 2013

I just celebrated my 30th birthday at this restaurant and sad to say, apart from its impressive interiors, nothing really stood out to give me a reason to come back.

Food quality:
The food served for the evening was Chinese-Filipino. The selection wasn't extensive, in fact, the entire buffet was tucked in the far end of the restaurant and not spread throughout like in most hotel buffets. The food in general was not bad but there's nothing special about it either. The offerings are about the same as what you would get at regular Chinese restaurants like North Park, Hap Chan and David's Tea House. The dimsum station was disappointing as they only had siopao (steamed pork bun) and siomai (steamed pork wontons). The dessert station was pretty good though as it had a nice selection of fruits, cakes, pastries and other treats. It even had a make-your-own taho (silken tofu with tapioca and brown sugar syrup) corner which I enjoyed.

I bought 3 vouchers from Deal Grocer for Php 3,000 a piece. Each voucher was good for 4 adults (above the age of 12) so that came to about Php 750 net (no drinks) per person versus the regular rate of Php 1,100+ per person (drinks included). I'd say the voucher price is about right for what they have on offer.

Service was so-so. The staff were polite and efficient with the water refills but that's about it. No warm, friendly welcome. No manager or any staff visited our table (we were the largest group that evening) to check on us and ask what we thought about their food or how things were. One of the other diners also happened to celebrate his birthday that same evening and he got a surprise birthday cake and song from the wait-staff. I didn't even get a greeting despite seeing my date of birth glaringly printed on the vouchers when I handed them over to the hostess.

This, I would say, is the only redeeming factor that the restaurant has. The place is cozy and intimate in a very classy way. The kind of place you'd want to take someone on a first date to. The choice of music though was odd as they kept playing pop songs which didn't quite match the ambience they were offering.

I wouldn't really recommend this place for foodies but if you're the lounge-y type, you should give this a try at least once.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

I had Easter Brunch at the Oakroom together with my hubby and kids and boy! was it worth it! A far cry from the other buffet offerings from establishments all over the metro, dining at the Oakroom proved to be an enjoyable experience. The place was not crowded, there was no waiting line, the staff and the chef were always around ready to assist and cater to a diner's every whim. To top it all, the food, especially the salmon and the desserts, were simply divine.

Reviewed 16 February 2013

Never had a bad meal in 6 months, eating here almost daily. The chef also catered to requests. Spoilt!

Reviewed 30 October 2011

During my stay, I was lucky enough to experience the divine flavors of the pear and macadamia pasta. Best pasta I've ever had. However, I had the pleasure of eating from this establishment on a few occasions whilst in Manila. Highly recommended!!