“Be forewarned, you are in the Financial District!”

Holiday Inn Manila Galleria
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Pasig
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Be forewarned, you are in the Financial District!”
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I knew this hotel was not centered in the action of Makati or Emerita. If you want quiet, this is the place to be as there is NOTHING close to it. Sure, there's the Galleria (Robinson's) mall right next door but who cares? There were ample restaurants at Galleria mall, even a TGI Fridays which had a short happy hour.

Check in: Friendly and accommodating. They allowed an early check-in at 7AM--long before the 2PM as posted. I booked a non-smoking room but all that was available was smoking. It wasn't bad and I was early and didn't want to wait 7 hours for a room, slight odor but nothing horrific. Lobby staff are friendly but not knowledgeable about much outside the hotel.

Room: Clean, decent bed though too soft for me. Nice sheets that were clean and not stained. No real views from any rooms no matter what they say. Construction is 360 degrees in Manila!

Restaurant/Bar: Did not use due to being too expensive. Breakfast was 14USD for a buffet. I opted to eat at the mall when I needed. The bar was quiet (go figure) and the prices were high (a San Miguel Light was P150 and local bars are P60-85). Real cocktails were around P300.

Location: Unless you want to look at banks and offices, this is NOT a place to stay for a vacation. Far from the bar scene (usually P200-250 each way). If you like a basic shopping mall that caters to locals, this is convenient. Closest bar area is Metro Walk which is about 5 minutes via taxi (about P100 w/ tip).

Pool/Spa: I used the pool once in 5 days and it served it's purpose to cool off. Didn't see any staff for food/drink service though menus were posted. I had used the Spa and requested an in-room massage which was mediocre at best. No real massage table, just on the bed. While she was "trained" be forewarned, it's not like massage therapists in the US. It was not relaxing and cost a whopping P2400 for the Traveler massage. She was prompt and professional and well dressed.

The biggest surprise was the attempt to charge for Internet. Upon confronting (with a slight frustration) the Front Desk representative about the "free" Wi-Fi which was advertised on their website and on Trip Advisor, they told me there would be no charge. When I checked out, it was not charged. I did have to argue a bit for the "free" breakfast but they wouldn't budge on the issue.

Despite this hotel was not what I really wanted, it is fine for families with kids that don't want to be anywhere near the bar scene or slums. I would recommend for the price to stay in Makati near the Greenbelt. All in all, it lived up to Holiday Inn's reputation.

Room Tip: Make sure if you have breakfast included in your reservation, you print out the whole web page to sh...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank VegasTraveler777
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
Dear VegasTraveler777,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 3 May 2012

My family and I decided to spend a night here for my ten-year old daughter's birthday. Here are the pros and cons of staying in the Holiday Inn Galleria:

Pros:

~Best location, centrally located. Hotel is adjacent to Robinsons Galleria Mall. We went to game arcades and kiddie friendly restos like Max fried chicken, all under one roof.

~Fantastic in-house spa: I had the best massage here at Suriya Spa in the hotel.

~Breakfast Buffet: Complete and wide variety of choices! The breakfast was very satisfying

Cons:

Poor security: I noticed that anyone can enter the elevators to go to the upper floors and rooms. There is no guard nor key to swipe in the elevator for paying guests. This made me feel very unsafe.

Shabby rooms: Carpet is musty, glass windows are extremely dirty. Interiors are old and dated.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Toccata100
John Romelle S, Manager at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Hi Toccata100,

Good day. Thank you for you review, we appreciate all your comments and rest assure that we are now working on your concerns to better the Hotel and guest experience.
Dehiwela, Sri Lanka
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I was coordinating a part of a large international conference in September 2011. The conference (which was in two parts) was held in the Crowne Plaza Galleria, Manila, while accommodation was split between the Crowne Plaza Hotel and Holiday Inn Hotel. As many of the delegates were leaving after the first part of the conference, we had to reallocate rooms for the remaining delegates - quite a tricky business - and I was registrar for the second part.

I wish to commend the staff who were allocated to this task from the Holiday Inn, Manila Galleria. Although this was quite a difficult task, they were most supportive and cooperative, and I wish to commend Ms. Khrish Fabian, in particular, who assisted me in seeing that the new room arrangements were made without a hitch.

I had to continue to see to delegates who were leaving on different dates, and Ms. Fabian impressed me as being a really committed staff member. She had a very cheerful disposition, and was also very competent indeed. Also, I realized that, on some days, she would come in to assist even though she was not on duty, That was really very impressive indeed.

In addition to this, we found that the service in the hotel was immaculate, and that all the other staff, too, were really competent and helpful.

I wish to congratulate the hotel on its standard of service, especially with regard to the handling of conferences and conventions, and recommend it to anyone who might be seeking to hold such an event in Manila. I commend Ms. Fabian for going beyond the call of duty in assisting with the organization of the conference details.

Dr. Rajan Rajasingham
Healthcare Christian Fellowship International

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Rajan7A
John Romelle S, Manager at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Hi Rajan7A

Thank you for the great review! In Holiday Inn Manila Galleria we always make sure we have the best people to give the best service to guests like you. Please come and visit us again.
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I booked thru priority privilege 5 days prior to our check in but unfortunately when we get there they cant find the confirmation number for my booking. But it was well taken care of by front desk and gave us quite a nice room. staff were nice and polite and attentive.

We got a spacious room, with king size bed. Linens are fresh, pillows smells nice and entire room is great to relax. my kids immediately turned on the lcd tv and enjoyed watching cartoons as we waited for their dad to arrive. I checked on the mini bar and it was filled with sodas, chocolate drink, beers and water. we also got 2 bottles of water for free, there were cup noodles, chips and sets of tea bags and coffee and a water heater.

Bathroom is clean with complete toiletries, towels and lots of tissues =). theres a hair dryer also, slippers and robe. Tub is clean and hot and cold shower is working. all in all our room on the 23rd floor is awesome.

We went there for an overnight stay to celebrate my husbands birthday, and i find it so perfect coz its just across his working place and his team is throwing away a surprise party for him at the adjacent Robinsons Galleria Mall. Location is a plus, it got everything you need.

The pool although small, is what my kids loves the most during our stay but it could be happier if they extend swimming hours till 9 or 10pm =)..the entire swiiming pool area is safe for running kids, pebbled floor with cute cartoon drawings. I just comforted myself in one of the lounge chairs while i watch over my kids and husband. we had a good sleep.

Breakfast is buffet, all four of us managed to eat to our hearts content. Theres a good selevtion of bread, spreads, fresh fruits, and yes cheese I love cheese.. i feast on filipino breakfast of fried rice, dried squid, mix veggies with coconut milk. i had a few maki and lots of cheese =)...and by the way, we were asked immediately if we want coffee etc...Therems fresh juices, fresh milk and chocolate drink which my kids love the most, i was refresh with guava juice...There's also congee and miso soup..My little boy love the congee with lots of hard boiled egg on it, theres also a tofu to go with it. my daughter liked the cereal selection and put a lot of dried fruits on it. while my dear husband enjoyed the breads and spread, and pancakes too.

Overall, our stay is awesome, I forgot all my workloads for awhile and really enjoyed bonding with my family.

Room Tip: Didnt try the spa thats why it get average rate
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Hi Pdx3c

We thank you for your comments! Holiday Inn Manila Galleria is the place to relax and we feel honored to have served a guest a like you, we hope to see you soon again.
PARKER, CO
Reviewed 16 April 2012

The hotel was centrally locally with quick access to Robinson Mall. The staff were attentive and courteous. I would highly recommend this hotel. It's about 45 minutes drive with traffic to the airport.

Room Tip: Insist on non smoking rooms....
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
John Romelle S, Manager at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Hi Parker_CoElo,

Thank you for recommending our Hotel! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. Please let us know when you're coming back, we will make sure your next stay will be even better!
Reviewed 9 April 2012

our recent stay at HOLIDAY Inn Manila Galleria was unforgettable! Why? we had a great awesome experience... when they heard we were celebrating our silver wedding anniversary, with our children, we were upgraded to a bigger room with two double beds, check-in was a breeze even if it was full-house, due to long weekend ( 5 days ). We were given a corner room at the eleventh floor, then a big surprise was delivered to our room, a cake with greetings and a bottle of premium red wine. every request like newspapers, extra towels, etc. was delivered in less than a minute....so amazing!!! special thanks to friendly front desk people Tere, Jenny,Trish, and the fab waiter Noel ....thanks for the memorable experience!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Stayed one weekend night with my wife and kid as a staycation... Upon reaching the check-in, we were immediately informed that the elevators are powered down and is still being fixed. When I approached the check-in counter, I was informed that there are no rooms ready, while when I asked the reservations officer the previous day, they had 4 rooms available for the King Exec type. We were advised to wait and once ready we will be called, but after around 45 minutes and out of frustration, I went back to the counter and gave them options - that either they give us an upgrade to the next category (suites) or we just cancel it off. They obliged to the first option, but since the elevators are not working, we had to climb 11 floors up, while I carry a heavy bag and my 1 1/2 yr old son. Quite better then the others who went before us that resided on 20th and up. Soon after we enter our suite, I asked the nearby housekeeping on the update on the elevators, and they advised that after we entered our room, it powered up afterwards... okay, so we just charged it as a good workout!

Room was spacious but we've seen better suites. Major updating needed on these rooms as they look old and outdated. We had room service and the food's not bad at all. The hotel is connected to a mall so no problems going around if you get bored.

Check-out was a breeze, and overall, quite a good stay except for the check-in part. Will think about it if we'll stay again....

Room Tip: We heard corner rooms are better and more spacious
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Deevs
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria, responded to this review, 28 April 2012
Deevs,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Ben J
IHG Care
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasig
Richmonde Hotel Ortigas
Discovery Suites Manila, Philippines
Privato Hotel Manila
Privato Hotel Manila
#5 of 21 in Pasig

Been to Holiday Inn Manila Galleria? Share your experiences!