I knew this hotel was not centered in the action of Makati or Emerita. If you want quiet, this is the place to be as there is NOTHING close to it. Sure, there's the Galleria (Robinson's) mall right next door but who cares? There were ample restaurants at Galleria mall, even a TGI Fridays which had a short happy hour.
Check in: Friendly and accommodating. They allowed an early check-in at 7AM--long before the 2PM as posted. I booked a non-smoking room but all that was available was smoking. It wasn't bad and I was early and didn't want to wait 7 hours for a room, slight odor but nothing horrific. Lobby staff are friendly but not knowledgeable about much outside the hotel.
Room: Clean, decent bed though too soft for me. Nice sheets that were clean and not stained. No real views from any rooms no matter what they say. Construction is 360 degrees in Manila!
Restaurant/Bar: Did not use due to being too expensive. Breakfast was 14USD for a buffet. I opted to eat at the mall when I needed. The bar was quiet (go figure) and the prices were high (a San Miguel Light was P150 and local bars are P60-85). Real cocktails were around P300.
Location: Unless you want to look at banks and offices, this is NOT a place to stay for a vacation. Far from the bar scene (usually P200-250 each way). If you like a basic shopping mall that caters to locals, this is convenient. Closest bar area is Metro Walk which is about 5 minutes via taxi (about P100 w/ tip).
Pool/Spa: I used the pool once in 5 days and it served it's purpose to cool off. Didn't see any staff for food/drink service though menus were posted. I had used the Spa and requested an in-room massage which was mediocre at best. No real massage table, just on the bed. While she was "trained" be forewarned, it's not like massage therapists in the US. It was not relaxing and cost a whopping P2400 for the Traveler massage. She was prompt and professional and well dressed.
The biggest surprise was the attempt to charge for Internet. Upon confronting (with a slight frustration) the Front Desk representative about the "free" Wi-Fi which was advertised on their website and on Trip Advisor, they told me there would be no charge. When I checked out, it was not charged. I did have to argue a bit for the "free" breakfast but they wouldn't budge on the issue.
Despite this hotel was not what I really wanted, it is fine for families with kids that don't want to be anywhere near the bar scene or slums. I would recommend for the price to stay in Makati near the Greenbelt. All in all, it lived up to Holiday Inn's reputation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Galleria Manila is a 4 star hotel in Manila, Philippines, con¬veniently located at the heart of Ortigas Center. Formerly known as the Manila Galleria Suites, this hotel in Ortigas has a total of 285 guest rooms with coffee and tea making facilities, cable TV, multi-channel radio, IDD/NDD telephone and mini-refrigerator. High speed Internet available upon request (separate payment). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, IHG, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Travel Book Philippines, Inc. and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Manila Galleria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Manila Galleria Hotel Pasig
- Manila Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Manila Galleria Metro Manila/Pasig, Philippines