We stayed at the Holiday Inn Manila Galleria for one night during our brief stop in Manila for a sporting event.
After negotiating the traffic from the Ninoy Aquino International Airport, we arrived at the hotel. Bags were picked up by the bell hops and we were ushered into the warm double volume lobby. Check in was quick and we were on our way up to our room with our key cards.
The room were assigned was spacious for the 3 of us. There was a single bed set up for my son in the study, and the main room had two single beds. Our beds were very soft and seemingly well-used. Rooms came with WiFi and connecting to it was easy-peasy. The spacious room also had tea/coffee making facilities with 2 free bottles of water, a fridge, hairdryer and safe in the cupboard. A flat screen TV sat on a table next to the luggage rack. I have no idea what was on TV as we did not have time to relax in the room.
The ensuite toilet/shower was roomy. There is a sink, a toilet and a bath-tub/shower. Usual assortment of toiletries was provided.
Points to note:
- The room carpet is worn and felt not-so-clean. I actually used the hotel slippers, which is unusual for me.
- Room had a 'lived-in' feel to it.
- The curtains did not close fully, either leaving a gap in the middle or at the sides.
- The bath tub water did not drain from our combined three showers the night before ... even when left overnight. I had to shower in the cold ankle height water in the morning.
Our room came with breakfast and this can be enjoyed on the 4th floor cafe. Lots of local specialities [fried fish and other fried food] as well as the usual eggs, sausages, toast and crispy bacon. There are options for cereal, cured meats and fruits. Not too shabby.
The hotel is connected to a huge shopping centre on the 4th floor. I think there is also another entrance on the 2nd floor, but did not use this option. There's a supermarket in the basement, a loop sports shops, and lots of food outlets and a movie theatre on the 4th floor, plus the usual shops to spend your hard earned money.
Overall, it was adequate for our needs, being an overnight stop. But if we were to stay for a longer period, I would opt for somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling in the heart of Ortigas Business District, Holiday Inn Manila Galleria is an ideal leisure destination for travelers seeking to experience the energetic life in Metro Manila. Identified as a hospitality landmark within Pasig, Mandaluyong, Makati, and Quezon City, it features spacious and well-appointed guestrooms and suites, an interactive restaurant, a vibrant bar that features live bands and DJs, a kids’ activity area, and various intimate meeting spaces. Being a part of the Manila Galleria Complex, the hotel features 548 keys in which belongs to both Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria. This complex features the best venue for Meetings, Incentives, Conventions, and Exhibitions (MICE) in the Ortigas Business District, with an approximate total of 34,000 sqm in size, ideal for small to large-scale gatherings up to 1,500 guests in its grand pillarless ballroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Book Philippines, Inc., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Manila Galleria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Manila Galleria Hotel Pasig
- Manila Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Manila Galleria Metro Manila/Pasig, Philippines