“Adequate lodgings for an overnight stop”

Holiday Inn Manila Galleria
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Pasig
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Manila Galleria for one night during our brief stop in Manila for a sporting event.

After negotiating the traffic from the Ninoy Aquino International Airport, we arrived at the hotel. Bags were picked up by the bell hops and we were ushered into the warm double volume lobby. Check in was quick and we were on our way up to our room with our key cards.

The room were assigned was spacious for the 3 of us. There was a single bed set up for my son in the study, and the main room had two single beds. Our beds were very soft and seemingly well-used. Rooms came with WiFi and connecting to it was easy-peasy. The spacious room also had tea/coffee making facilities with 2 free bottles of water, a fridge, hairdryer and safe in the cupboard. A flat screen TV sat on a table next to the luggage rack. I have no idea what was on TV as we did not have time to relax in the room.

The ensuite toilet/shower was roomy. There is a sink, a toilet and a bath-tub/shower. Usual assortment of toiletries was provided.

Points to note:
- The room carpet is worn and felt not-so-clean. I actually used the hotel slippers, which is unusual for me.
- Room had a 'lived-in' feel to it.
- The curtains did not close fully, either leaving a gap in the middle or at the sides.
- The bath tub water did not drain from our combined three showers the night before ... even when left overnight. I had to shower in the cold ankle height water in the morning.

Our room came with breakfast and this can be enjoyed on the 4th floor cafe. Lots of local specialities [fried fish and other fried food] as well as the usual eggs, sausages, toast and crispy bacon. There are options for cereal, cured meats and fruits. Not too shabby.

The hotel is connected to a huge shopping centre on the 4th floor. I think there is also another entrance on the 2nd floor, but did not use this option. There's a supermarket in the basement, a loop sports shops, and lots of food outlets and a movie theatre on the 4th floor, plus the usual shops to spend your hard earned money.

Overall, it was adequate for our needs, being an overnight stop. But if we were to stay for a longer period, I would opt for somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jamie575
Aimee L, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comment via Trip Advisor. I am pleased that you appreciate the size of our room, amenities, breakfast selections and direct mall access. However, we regret that despite of all your positive feedback, you were not one hundred percent satisfied with your stay. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Rest assured that details you mentioned will be reviewed and taken into action.

Hoping that you would allow us to serve you again and perhaps reconsider to stay with us for a longer time.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Holiday Inn was no surprise for me. Being an international hotel name, my expectations were high but they exceeded my expectations making me delighted and making me want to stay here every time I travel. My stay was typical but what makes Holiday Inn different from the rest is the service that they give and offer. Over all, it was a smooth and very convenient for me. I didn't realize that my stay was going to be over soon because I am really enjoying the facilities of the hotel and to consider that has a connecting way straight to the mall which is another plus point for me. I would really recommend Holiday Inn especially for families because they have offers for kids which is really a great leverage among other hotels within the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. As a Holiday Inn brand in the Philippines, it is important for us to deliver a consistent brand experience. I am delighted to read your review. I will be happy to share this to the team. This would surely boost our confidence and inspire us to keep doing what we are doing.

Looking forward to see you again at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria

Reviewed 8 April 2014

it's good to stay for vacation. can go to shopping cuz mall's directly connected w hotel. how continent!! haha
especially the good thing about Holiday Inn is kind staffs and services compare w other hotels in that area. and there's Chinese restaurant. it's the best chinese restaurant ever in the Manila.
so fresh and yammmmmyyyyyyyyyy. btw when you select the room , dont think about the room rate or other things. it's worth it .

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share with us your wonderful experience. We are delighted to know that you were happy with your stay. Our direct mall access is well loved by our guests because of the convenience it offers. Also, we are pleased to know that you were able to try Xin Tian Di - Crowne Plaza' premiere Chinese restaurant, which is also connected to the hotel. Maybe on your next visit, you might also want to try the The Biggest Burger in town - The Big Buns Burger.

We do hope to welcome you again at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Dear General Manager
I am a PC Platinum member staying at IHG hotels up to 50-70 nights annually for the past 20 years. I made a booking to stay from 16 to 19 April. After I received the email confirmation for the reservation, I wrote in to ask to be allowed to check in earlier at 10am if possible. To my horror, I was asked to pay PHP 2500 to check in 2 hours earlier!

To rub salt to the insult, I was told that for 2 days during my coming stay, there will be no electrical supply meaning no air con and no lights! Holiday Inn! Can this happen to an international hotel of 4 stars quality in a capital city of Philippines?

Can someone comment on this? Can I still cancel this booking even if it is a prepaid booking because at the point of booking, there is no mentioned of the shortcomings.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank LeatherTraveller
Aimee L, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sending us your feedback. We wish to get in touch with you. Please do email me or our Quality Officer at misha.serania@ihg.com and I will personally forward your comments to our General Manager.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

It is no longer a surprise for me and my boyfriend every time we stay in Holiday Inn here in Ortigas. Either one of our room fixtures doesn't work or that we have our keys nlt working before we check out. What is the use of the front desk people calling your room 3 hours before your check out time, you confirm your check out time and after that they cancel th functionality of your keys. My boyfri! Nd had to use thr toilet facilities of the nearby Robinsons Galleria mall to get some comforts which the privacy of our room can provided. Mr Stratos has been holding on his patience and he stays loyal with the hotel because of its close proximity to to my officr which would allow him to bring and pick me up after my shift. Our hot & cold shower didn't work the first time until I had to look into it myself. On our first stay in 2012, then our keys didnt work a day before we checked out in 2013, now our lighting didn't work and they had to move us on the 28th floor. The move was such a hassle because we had to wait for the environment-friendly elevator to pass each and every floor to get a client prior to reaching the 28th floor. What a bugger, really. I like your staff who cleans our room daily, they're friendly and nice and I didn't loose any jewelry or items. That made me give 3 in my rating here. The room seemed outdated and I hope you also provide extra pillows to your guest if they ask and not tell us that 4 is what we only get. We have been staying in your hotel every year, 2 times every time my boyfriend does his vacation in the Philippines. We don't want to change that as we have grown accustomed to the proximity of the place in my office and the mall. I hope you can also add some great food in your Cebu aside from the ones you have now. On our first night this week we order buffalo wings and we ended up with overcooked, too dry chicken wings that is hard to bite on. We ended up getting some chips in 7/12 store across th street. Don't you serve a good variety of salad or greens or food with vegetables? Please do.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Aimee L, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

We are grateful for spending your time to share with us your recent experience. We would like to thank you for your loyalty and for choosing to stay at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria because of our location and the convenience the it offers.

However, we deeply regret that you weren't 100% satisfied with your stay. Prior your next visit or in case you have spare time, please do not hesitate to contact our Quality Control and Improvement Services Officer at michelle.serania@ihg.com. She will assist you with your booking details to ensure that everything will go on smoothly. Also, she will be more than happy to meet you during the course of your stay to discuss this mater further.

Again, thank you and I do hope that you would give us another opportunity to serve you better.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Comfortable Stay.
Nice Clean Rooms. Courteous Staff.
Breakfast is lavish, Bar one ( bar) has Live performance which keeps you company apart from International Crowd.
It is right next to a mall which proves a good Shopping option as well.
I enjoyed the stay. But would wish if the Hotel is renovated with newer facilities, better furniture as well.
Would recommend a better Gym facility, not a shared one.

Room Tip: Choose a non-smoking floor to avoid the foul smoky feel in the floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback about our hotel.

We are very much pleased that you are happy with your stay especially on the hotel's bar and direct access to the mall. We are pleased to inform you that we are gradually improving our facilities starting with our elevators by late this year.

Looking forward to serve you again soon

Reviewed 19 March 2014

The bed is fine but the furnishings and the dimly-lit bathroom are so very dated. The hotel should invest in refurbishing the bathroom at least. The good thing about this hotel is its location - next to the mall and very near offices in the Ortigas area.

Housekeeping is so inefficient. They did not replenish the tissue paper that ran out. They did not shine my shoes that I placed in the space supposedly for that purpose. I thought the room was not cleaned well for the 4 nights I stayed with them.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side are more sunny. The south and east sides are quite gloomy with all the tall...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

We are grateful for the time you spent to share with us your recent experience.

Allow me first to thank you for choosing to stay with us and appreciating our hotel's strategic location and direct access to the mall.

Regarding our housekeeping services, we apologize for not meeting your expectations and for the inconvenience this may have caused you. May we request that you please contact our Quality Control and Improvement Services Officer at michelle.serania@ihg.com to give more details so that we can investigate and improve our services.

Looking forward to hear from you soon. We do hope that you would give us another opportunity to serve you better.

Public Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasig
Discovery Suites Manila, Philippines
#5 of 22 in Pasig
Astoria Plaza
Astoria Plaza
#10 of 22 in Pasig

Been to Holiday Inn Manila Galleria? Share your experiences!