“Probably seen better days”

Holiday Inn Manila Galleria
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Pasig
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Our stay wasn't all too bad but it's definitely below than what you expect of a 4-star hotel. It's like its leadership wasn't evident in the quality of its surroundings. A few weeks prior, I stayed at Fairmont so I keep dispelling my expectations because in all levels it's not comparable. But a few months ago, I stayed at Richmonde and it's quite far from it.

Checking in was late. They made us wait at the 4th floor because there was no decent waiting area at the lobby. They gave complimentary drink vouchers which never arrived it had to be delivered in the room. The delay was because there was no room available for what I requested - Twin Premiere. I got irritated and insisted on this because I booked more than a month ago and chose this hotel because it had the specs I require. They said guests checked in late which shouldn't be the problem of other guests. In fairness they also gave a late checkout to compensate.
The room, 1011 was spacious. The fridge was also bigger. I like it that they kept it empty except for the free water. However it was on the dusty side. Seemed like in their rush, it wasn't vacuumed.
I asked for an extra bed and given one with a tattered head board. Others doesn't have a headboard so I wished that they just removed it if it looks like it was chewed on by rats. Requests took a loooong time.
The pool is okay but there was no lifeguard and no service for food and drinks. Design was poor. Gym was small.
Breakfast at fab was unexciting nothing to look forward to. Limited choices. Stay with the omelets.
entrance from the parking is good.
The worst part of the hotel are the elevators! It takes forever!
The best is it has direct access to the mall and the other hotel if you want to try their restos.

• Stayed: April 2014
Aimee L, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing details of your recent stay with us. We deeply regret that we fell below your expectations. Regarding your late check-in, we do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. We are grateful that you appreciated our efforts to make it up to you. Rest assured that I have written down your comments so I can cascade it to the team. We will evaluate it and look into ways on how we can improve our services and facilities. We appreciate your comments as this will help us improve.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Manila Galleria

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Likes:
-With fridge
-T.V. and bed are big
-Staffs are accommodating
-Everything you need is there

Dislikes:
-Some food in the breakfast buffet are I think Old?
-Pancakes are hard
-Elevator is creepy since it it made of wood (there is a creaking sound)
-Elevator is slow
-Lobby of the hotel doesn't have much sits.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Taramochi23
Aimee L, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your honest feedback. We value your comments as it helps us improve our services. Allow me first to thank you for your positive comments specially about our service and guestroom amenities.

Regarding your concerns, I have taken note of this so I can cascade it to the team. Rest assured that we will take necessary actions to correct this. As for our elevators, we are pleased to inform you that later this year, we shall be installing new elevators to address this issue.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I do hope that you would give us another opportunity to serve you better,.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Last jan, me and my gf went there to celebrate one year aniversary. We really had great time. Our stay was very intimate. Btw, resto fab was also nice. Clean and neat. I want to recommend this hotel to others. Lol

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

We are truly honored that you have chosen to celebrate your important milestone and it is our greatest pleasure to be part of it. We are happy that we have done our part to make it truly memorable for you.

Happy anniversary and we look forward to celebrate more special occasions with you.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

If you're vacationing or doing business in the Ortigas area, this is a good hotel to consider. I like staying in this hotel because it's connected to a major shopping center. You don't have to walk out in the heat to get there. If you feel like eating local food, the shopping center provides many options and at lower cost too. The hotel itself serves wonderful food, especially the breakfast buffet.

The hotel is pretty busy with tourists and business people alike, but the friendly and professional staff makes it easy for you to navigate the hotel. I was lucky enough to get a corner room. The room was larger than usual and comfortable as well.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for wonderful feedback about your stay with us. We are truly grateful that you appreciate our facilities and services. Our location is one of of our key features and we are glad that you made the most out of your stay by maximizing the convenience it offers.

Our team was happy to serve you and we look forward to welcome you again at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria

Sicnerely,

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I was planning gto stay 8 nights, but I only couldn't stay more than 3 nights, the hotel price seems reasonable for Manila, but actually the hotel carpet all over not clean, there were only 3 elevators and sometimes we waited more than 10 min to use it all the ferniture is really very old and in bad shape, the hotel location is in a very crouded area in manila, I am sure I would never stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't stay in this hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments. We are deeply saddened that you weren't pleased with your stay with us. We would like to apologize if we felt short of your expectations.

I'm pleased to inform you that we will be upgrading our elevators later this year. As for our location, we are situated at the commercial district of Ortigas and there are times that the area will be busy.

Rest assured that we are doing everything we can to make our guest feel comfortable and that we have continuous plans for improvements in the future.

Hopefully by then, you would reconsider to stay with us again.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Looks New hotel with clean inside and out. Good breakfast choice. Good view with high floor. Holiday Inn which capable to compete with near by Intercon both value and price.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Aimee L, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share your positive comments about your experience via TripAdvisor. I believe you are referring to our sister hotel, the Holiday Inn and Suites Makati.

On behalf of Holiday Inn and Suites Makati, we are pleased to hear of this and I'll be glad to share this wonderful news to them. I do hope on your return, you might want to try to stay with us at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria.

Again, thank you for choosing Holiday Inn

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Great location and value for money, roof top pool was brilliant,
Good size and clean rooms,very comfortable and friendly staff,
I can recommend the club lounge, snacks and a drinks and great view of Manilla.
Will stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share your wonderful experience at our hotel via Trip Advisor. We are already excited with the thought of your return. We look forward to welcome you again.

Public Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasig
Discovery Suites Manila, Philippines
The Linden Suites
The Linden Suites
#9 of 22 in Pasig
Joy - Nostalg Hotel & Suites Manila

Been to Holiday Inn Manila Galleria? Share your experiences!