“Great stay for business”

Holiday Inn Manila Galleria
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Pasig
New Delhi, India
“Great stay for business”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

A decent hotel located in CBD area and easy to move around if you are on business. The staff all very attentive to your needs - very efficient and prompt. With Manila traffic location of your hotel can be a very important to business traveler. The only negative point is breakfast - while it is a very elaborate spread - the quality of the food is much below the standard of such hotel. For entertaining business associates you need to go out but there are several very good restaurants around.

Room Tip: Take a room on the higher level as the street below can be a bit noisy due to traffic
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Aimee L, Manager at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We value your convenience and preferences, hence we have shared your comments to the team to find ways in improving our services. We also thank you for recognizing our team's effort in providing quick and reliable service.

Hope to see you soon!

Quality Officer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2014

You can eat anywhere in Manila for $5 or less however the Holiday Inn think breakfast at $25 each and the Internet for $15 per day seems a fair price. I wonder if they are paying their staff according to their rates.

The room was nice but ordinary, the staff stand offish and impersonal lingering for the expected tip. A lot can be learned by the smaller guy who is really trying to make a difference. I will give them a go next time.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Aimee L, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I understand that you were not entirely pleased during your stay due to our rates and thank you for sharing it to us. We will take a look at this matter and see what we can do. As our valued guest, we value your feedback and we are grateful for the time you spent to share this to us.

Public Relations Manager

Travellers are raving about these Pasig hotels

Quezon City
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I have availed of the Deal Grocer voucher for an overnight stay unfortunately i was not able to do our staycation as planned since we were assigned to a PWD room. We just realized this after we went back for a meeting and family dinner. The bed is too small which claimed to be King Size but it is not (Double bed). Bathroom has a lot of steel railings and very stinking. Hall way is too dark and shady. Smells very old. i paid 3500 without breakfast but the price with this amenities is expensive. I rather get Legend Villas at 2800 with 2 buffet breakfast, decent rooms and straight forward amenities. Very unexpected for a Holiday Inn

The hotel really needs a lot rehabilitation.

P.S. The frontdesk staff moved us to an executive room but just right after i have escalated the concern. just imagine if the person or guest didn't complain about this, they could have got away of giving an old, dirty, smelly room.

Room Tip: Room 609 is for PWD. Hall ways are too dark
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Arvin T
Aimee L, Manager at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Arvin,

Thank you for your feedback with regards to your previous experience. We value your comments as an area to improve our services.

I hope you would allow us to get in touch with you once more. Our Hotel Manager will give you a call soon.

Have a great weekend!

Regards,
Port Sunlight, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stayed just a couple of nights, the room was large and spotlessly clean but just a little dated. I was on a high floor so the view was not too bad but the wait for the elevator at busy times was uber long and then crowded. Breakfast was ok, lots of choice and not too crowded which was good and the staff were all friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: If you don't mind an occasional long trip down in the elevator then choose a high floor and on a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Fluffypoppett
Aimee L, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback, it is great to hear from you and we appreciate the time you spent to share with us you recent experience. We are glad that you had a wonderful time with us.

Looking forward to serve you again

Murrieta, California
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed here for 7 days/6 nights from May 16-22. The lobby was modern but small (really don't need to go there except for check-in and checkout. Check in was smooth and effiient. I was told that Wi-Fi access was extra. I paid about 800.00 pesos extra- (about $19 for 3 or more gadgets). I upgraded to deluxe King on the upper floor( 20th floor). It was the corner end room that gives me a view of the Makati city, Greenhills, and EDSA ( I find this really great). The upgrade also includes Buffet breakfast for 2 adults and 2 children is included with my upgrade (about (891 pesos/$20 each person if paying separate) . I find this really expensive for buffet breakfast if paying out of pocket. But since this is included in my rate this is a deal for a family of 4. Unfortunately I was alone for the first 4 nights and also was not able to use the buffet on the day of our checkout. If you are checking out early and unable to avail the buffet, asked for packed breakfast and it should be waiting for you in the lobby when you check out. They don't advertise this, YOU HAVE TO ASK :)

Now, let's talk about the room and customer service. Aside from the lobby- this hotel needs a major renovation. It is very old, dark wood panels on the hallway and rooms are so 70's, and the wallpaper in my room are peeling off. Carpet needs to be changed. Toilet flush doesn't work that well. Location is perfect for me. It has access to Robinsons galleria thru 3rd and 4th floor as well as access to Crown Plaza Hotel. I can shop till I drop and watch movie without ever leaving the premises. There is Gold's Gym and SPA (which I never used). Because it has access to the mall I was able to eat all the food that I wanted to eat much , cheaper that ordering from their restaurant or if not availing their breakfast buffet. Customer service is A plus except for my checkout experience. I was the only one checking out at 430am and it took the receptionist 30 minutes to check me out. Also, the packed breakfast that I ordered the previous night was not ready.

Location- it is about 140 pesos taxi fare one way to the airport. 160 pesos to Mall of Asia. So its not that bad about $4-5 US dollars. If not for the renovation that this hotel needs I will give it 5 stars.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large (deluxe King)
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ayrinv
Dear Valued Guest,

We truly appreciate the time you spent to share with us your feedback and choosing to stay at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria. We are also thankful for your generous ratings. Please be assured that I have written down all your suggestions so I can cascade this to the team. This will truly help us to improve our services.

We look forward to serve you again in the near future

Marikina City, Rizal, Philippines
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed overnight with my family... the service is OK but needs to improve facilities.. the hotel staff are accommodating.. The hotel is conveniently located near shopping malls and tourist spots.. it is worth the price..

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Aimee L, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments about Holiday Inn Manila Galleria. We are very pleased that you had a wonderful stay with us. Our hotel's direct access to the shopping mall is a feature of our hotel and we are grateful that you appreciate the convenience it offers.

We do hope to welcome you again soon

Singapore
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The hotel itself is old and the lifts are superbly slow. It literally takes me 10mins just to wait for ONE lift to reach my floor (I think I was on the 18th floor so I really feel bad for those who stay way above that)

The room is spacious but furnishings are old and really need to be updated with the times (feels very early 90s). The lights to my bathroom was dim and unlike most other hotels, there was no close up mirror for me to use. The good thing is that when I provided the feedback to one of the managers, he immediately got someone to replace it with brighter warm yellow lights.

The breakfast is okay. Not too bad, but I would advise to stay clear of the har gao (prawn dumpling) from the dim sum section. For some reason, it tastes slightly sour on the inside and that's not how a proper har gao should taste.

Honestly, the only thing this hotel really has going for it, is the service. Staff - especially the managers - for the most part are friendly and helpful. They tried their best to make my stay better whenever they could, so that gets bonus points from me.

Location wise is convenient as they are connected to Robinson Mall, so you don't need to travel too far to do your shopping or get meals outside the hotel.

Room Tip: Until they fix their lift problem, you might want to actually stay on a lower floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share with us your feedback. We deeply regret that you are not completely satisfied with your stay with us. Regarding our elevators, I am pleased to share with you that we will be replacing them by the end of the year.

As for our food selections at Fab Restaurant, I have already cascaded this to our Executive Chef. Rest assured that we are strictly following the food safety standards set by IHG and that we take your comments seriously. We are confident that the shrimp dumpling you tried was in good condition but unfortunately you were not pleased with its taste. We would love to hear from you again and discuss this matter. Please do contact our Quality Officer at misha.serania@ihg.com. We will do everything we can to improve our services.

Public Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasig
Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria
#8 of 21 in Pasig
Richmonde Hotel Ortigas
Discovery Suites Manila, Philippines
Oakwood Premier Joy - Nostalg Center Manila

Been to Holiday Inn Manila Galleria? Share your experiences!