Our family of 5 had a great time when we stayed for about 2 weeks 2 summers ago so we again booked online at the HI Galleria. We had made reservations for 3 seperate weekends while we travelled in & out of Manila. We had requested our favorite non smoking Twin Deluxe room at the end of the hallway which is quite bigger that the regular twin rooms. We were later joined by my sister and her son from LA which made it necessary for us to get different accomodations.
After a long very early flight , a quick check in was truly appreciated & although the front desk staff was not overly welcoming, (in fact, so sory to say that they were the least friendly of the entire staff ) they were professional & accomodated our requested room. Two staff members brought in our suitcases soon after we got to the room. We called for Housekeeping to stock up on toiletries since the kids were going to swim & we needed extra towels & pillows. The housekeeper came in about 5 minutes with all the items we needed & recognized us from our previous visits 2 years ago !!!
We proceeded to enjoy the many restaurant choices that the Galleria had to offer. We were able to purchase personal items we needed at the stores. The in- house Salon has now closed down but they had one in the Mall where I got a much needed Foot & Hand Spa & a haircut for a very reasonable price. Our 3 children enjoyed the Arcades there as well. I booked a 4 hour treatment at the in house Suriya Spa but was left very disappointed with the very poor service & the set up of the whole place. The only available rest rooms were in one side of the establishment which necessitated you to cross the reception area while in your robe & your hair & face with treatment products etc. I cancelled subsequent visits I had planned & instead discovered the BEST no frill massages from the BLIND MASSEUSE in the basement of the Mall. We were able to go there several times for a fraction of the price of the Spa & incomparable service.
At the complimentary breakfast buffet which was very well spread, the servers were always very helpful. The resident omelet "chef" came out to welcome us back on our first day & personally delivered our made to order eggs to our table daily. All the rest of the staff were always ready to refill our coffee even before we asked for them. Since we were at the hotel all 3 weekends while we were in town, it didn't take long before the staff would call our room in the morning to ask what time we were planning to come down so they could reserve our table for our party of 7. That's what I call service deluxe. We would arrive in the breakfast hall with our preferred drinks & our newspapers ready as well. We tipped generously daily every person who helped us & in return got impeccable service.
The free valet service came in handy when we drove home every night & when my husband didn't feel like fighting Manila's traffic, the staff would get us cabs outside with no problem at all. We also appreciated being allowed to store our luggage when we would leave the hotel for our out of town trips.
Although WI FI was quite costly at about $10 a day plus tax, the technician came in about 15 minutes accompanied by a security officer. They also accomodated our request to set it up in the other side of the room.
My sister made an error when she booked our second stay on line & had 2 King rooms reserved for all 7 of us . Upon speaking with a Senior Hotel officer & explaining our dilemna, I requested if we could get 2 double rooms adjacent to each other. She called back & asked if " WE WOULD MIND GETTING A 2 KING SUITE?" Would we? We thankfully accepted her offer for the same price the 2 rooms would have cost us. The corner room turned out to be a great place for the kids to play in a separate spacious living room with a fridge for all our purchased drinks & snacks. It had 2 rooms with King sized beds & 2 bathrooms, one of which had a deep tub.
We made a visit to the Marketing Director to personally thank her for the numerous accomodations to our requests & we were graciously received. We hope to see you all again !!! Thanks very much for being our home in Manila.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling in the heart of Ortigas Business District, Holiday Inn Manila Galleria is an ideal leisure destination for travelers seeking to experience the energetic life in Metro Manila. Identified as a hospitality landmark within Pasig, Mandaluyong, Makati, and Quezon City, it features spacious and well-appointed guestrooms and suites, an interactive restaurant, a vibrant bar that features live bands and DJs, a kids’ activity area, and various intimate meeting spaces. Being a part of the Manila Galleria Complex, the hotel features 548 keys in which belongs to both Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria. This complex features the best venue for Meetings, Incentives, Conventions, and Exhibitions (MICE) in the Ortigas Business District, with an approximate total of 34,000 sqm in size, ideal for small to large-scale gatherings up to 1,500 guests in its grand pillarless ballroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Manila Galleria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Manila Galleria Hotel Pasig
- Manila Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Manila Galleria Metro Manila/Pasig, Philippines