“I heart Discovery Suites”

Discovery Suites Manila, Philippines
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Pasig
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I always feel safe, relax & comfortable at Discovery Suites while in Manila. The employees offer super friendly & reliable service. I have highly recommended this hotel to my friends and they have experienced the same positive feedback. Easy to feel pampered during my stay here..Welcome banner, fresh fruits baskets & flowers bring me back... Rooms are tidy...the beds are heavenly .. smiles at the door, priceless! Salamat! See you again soon.

Room Tip: 1 BR Suite so roomy & cozy
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Discovery_Leisure_Co, General Manager at Discovery Suites Manila, Philippines, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Cyrene V,

Greetings from Discovery Suites! I would like to thank you for sharing positive feed back about our hotel in Tripadvisor. We are also very grateful that you have been recommending us to your friends and colleagues. This is the best testimony for us and I am sure that our staff will be very happy and inspired knowing that we have delighted yet, another guest. We hope that we will have the pleasure of having you stay with us in the very near future.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

My husband treated me to an overnight stay at the Discovery Suites for my birthday. We arrived a little past 3pm and check-in was fast. Since we brought our car, we were happy to know that they offered complimentary parking for one vehicle.

We stayed in the Serendipity Junior Suite. It had a queen bed, a small living room, a refrigerator and a microwave oven. There was an LCD TV. The sound system - a cassette player - was clearly outdated. They had an iPod dock but no lightning connector so the newer Apple devices cannot be used on this. WiFi was free and fast.

The bathroom was clean and the toiletries provided were pleasant-smelling. There was bubble bath and salt scrub for use in the tub. Water pressure and temperature in the shower were excellent. It would have been nicer, though, if they had an anti-slip mat and bathrobes available.

For dinner, we wanted to try their restaurant, 22 Prime. It is considered one of the best places for steak in Manila. When we tried to make dinner reservations, we were told that the place was fully-booked already. But when we told them that there was just 2 of us, they agreed to set up a table in the upper area (which was part of the Serendipity Lounge, if I'm not mistaken). Our table was placed by the window, giving us a wonderful view of Ortigas at night.

We loved our stay at the Discovery Suites and would love to return.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gafrancomd

Dear gafrancomd,

I hope you will not mind that I begin this response with a belated "Happy Birthday" greeting.

I would like to thank you and your husband for celebrating the occasion in Discovery Suites, and the very nice comments about our restaurant, 22 Prime. You could not chosen a better venue for a romantic dinner date because of our chic setting and its panoramic view.

We have also taken note of your comments about our iPod dock and music players, although plans are really underway to update key features in all our suites..

We hope that you will continue to make Discovery Suites the venue for your important milestones. If you have any special requests pertaining to a future celebration or ocasion that you may have at our hotel, just let us know and our team will work with you to make it all happen.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Discovery suites is one of those awesome hotels with world class amenities...loved my stay with them. The food from Restaurant 5 is AWESOME... You have to check out this hotel. Friendly attendants, comfortable suites. Just awesome

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank raziel0408
Discovery_Leisure_Co, General Manager at Discovery Suites Manila, Philippines, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Raziel0408,

Greetings from Discovery Suites. I would like to personally thank you for that very brief yet generous review. We are so glad that you had an "awesome" time with us. That's music to our ears and I am sure that our staff will appreciate your comments. This will only make us harder to achieve a greater level of service and guest satisfaction. We hope to see more of you here at Discovery Suites.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

it was a wonderful experienced celebrating my special day there. It ws my first time and i must say that there is where i feel like i was just staying at my own place.every staffs who served me as well as my frnds are all awesome!everything was perfect,the food the room,the cleanliness and the cozyness ,the facilities esp the friendliness of the staffs.i salute this place as everyone here made me feel like i am just home.thank you for making my stay a memorable one..

Room Tip: corner suites
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Reighn G
Discovery_Leisure_Co, General Manager at Discovery Suites Manila, Philippines, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Reighn G.,

Greetings from Discovery Suites!

We appreciate your very kind words about our property! It is so wonderful to read get direct feedback from very satisfied guests. Please allow me to share this post with the staff. I am sure this will inspire them further in delivering the best service. Your post tells us that our guests are noticing and are very appreciative of the hard work they are doing.

We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed at Discovery Suites in March and April for over 3 weeks. It was a pleasant stay. The accomodation and services were good.

On the good things - the room was clean and well furnished, the location is in Ortigas business district, and staff is courteous and helpful.

Some of the things that I didn't like much - the rooms are not well lit (particularly for me - since I prefer brigther surroundings), views from some of the rooms is just the building next door and vegetarian food options in restuarant are very limited.

With the sudio apartments having a well equipped kitchen, large sitting and dining area in most rooms, I am sure Discovery is a place I liked and will go back to. Just hoping that they could do something - which can get rooms lil more brighter. Also, would love to see some more Vegetarion choices on the menu.

Room Tip: I stayed in 602 the last time and I liked the room, as comapred to other corner rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Saurabh_Kamdar

Dear Saurabh_R_K,

Greetings from Discovery Suites and many thanks for your posting your review in Tripadvisor.

We are happy to know that you find our rooms ideal for those in the city for business. Thank you for citing the cleanliness and overall-maintenance of our suite. With regard to your comment about the not-so-ideal lighting in our accommodations, we are pleased to inform you that our brand new Serendipity rooms will suit your preference for bright spaces. Our color scheme optimizes natural light, and the furnishings and accessories provide nice, relaxing and bright-colored accents. We also have a lot of rooms offering great views of the city. If ever you are planning to return to Manila, please consider booking at Discovery Suites again and ask about our newly-renovated Serendipity suites with a view.

Your suggestion to have a vegetarian menu is well-appreciated and will be brought to the attention of our Executive Chef.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Wonderful service! Staff were very helpful and considerate. The room is spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was exceptional. The pool is okay, my baby and nieces enjoyed there. Thank you for making the 2nd birthday of my baby more memorable.

Room Tip: Corner Suites are spacious.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ruffa V
Discovery_Leisure_Co, General Manager at Discovery Suites Manila, Philippines, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Ruffa V,

Greetings from Discovery Suites and many thanks for your generous review! We are also appreciate the fact that you chose to celebrate your child's birthday with us. We hope to be that special place where you and your family can mark special milestones in life. It may interest you to know that you can always count on the staff to help you make any event extra special, be it quiet family celebrations in the privacy of our suites, or large weddings or birthday parties in our larger banquet rooms.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Staying in Suites is like staying at home. The apartment size is big and cosy with 5 star hotel standard room. Would say this is better than some international hotel chain.

Location: Walking distance to food and shopping mall. Very importantly, this is away from the massive Makati traffic jam.

Will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LalaL24

Dear Cyndi_Angel

Greetings from Discovery Suites. Thank you very much for sharing your impressions of our property in Tripadvisor. We are glad that you appreciated the size of our suites and compared our accommodations to those offered in a 5-star hotel. As a business hotel catering to Extended Stay guests, we always make it a point to render memorable guest experiences ( be it in guest amenities or services) that will make their stay comfortable. We are glad ( and thankful ) that we were able to that for you. Do let us know when you intend to return to Manila.

Leeds Trompeta

Cosy Apartment w/Good Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Will definitely stay there again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasig
Marco Polo Ortigas Manila
Joy Nostalg Manila Managed by AccorHotels
Ace Hotel & Suites
Ace Hotel & Suites
#5 of 22 in Pasig

Been to Discovery Suites Manila, Philippines? Share your experiences!