“Great budget Hotel”

Discovery Suites Manila, Philippines
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Pasig
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Discovery Suites is one of the affordable hotels that can be considered at par with other 5 star hotels.. The Staff are accommodating.. it is conveniently located in the heart of the Ortigas Business District and is very near SM MegaMall and EDSA shangrila... Real value for money hotel...

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank docRonnie
Discovery_Leisure_Co, General Manager at Discovery Suites Manila, Philippines, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Doc Ronnie,

Greetings from Discovery Suites!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts about our hotel in Tripadvisor. We appreciate the fact that you consider us at par with 5-star hotels, and that our central location, proximity to popular shopping malls,value for money and service were worth mentioning in your review. We hope that we will have the honor of servicing you once more in the near future.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed at Discovery Suites to celebrate our 5th Wedding Anniversary. We actually stayed at Discovery during our wedding preparations so it's great to be back after some time to reminisce. I always enjoyed staying at Discovery. We consider it our home away from home since we just live in the Pasig and it's near our house. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite and now we have our 3 year old daughter in tow. She also enjoyed her stay and wanted to come back again.
I enjoy staying there because:
1. I don't get tired driving since it's just near :)
2. Breakfast is always a treat with a lot of food choices and great ambiance
3. Pool is covered and great for kids since it is just 4 feet, Although the pool was closed on our first day due to unscheduled maintenance, it immediately opened the next day,
4. It's the first time I used the fitness center and the experience was great. A lot of equipment to work with.
5. Staff are very courteous and helpful
6. Rooms are clean
7. It's near Podium and MegaMall :)

Although, we stayed here a couple of times already, all the rooms we stayed in did not have views (you see walls from adjacent buildings). It was not a big deal since I am used to it. We'll probably request one in the future. Maybe we'll also try to renovated rooms next time.

Over all I still enjoyed our stay. You never fail to impress....

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Daniel M

Dear Daniel M,

Greetings from Discovery Suites, and I hope that you will still accept a belated happy 5th anniversary greetings from me!

It is very nice to hear that to a certain extent, Discovery Suites has played a small part in your life's milestones. Thank you for choosing us as your hotel during your wedding, and for making us your venue to celebrate your anniversary. With regards to our rooms, we have a considerable inventory of suites offering wonderful views. It is always best to state your preference during the booking process. If the rooms are available, we will immediately give them to you.

Lastly, please know that you can always count on our assistance should you consider celebrating more milestones in your family's life. Just give us a call.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I always feel safe, relax & comfortable at Discovery Suites while in Manila. The employees offer super friendly & reliable service. I have highly recommended this hotel to my friends and they have experienced the same positive feedback. Easy to feel pampered during my stay here..Welcome banner, fresh fruits baskets & flowers bring me back... Rooms are tidy...the beds are heavenly .. smiles at the door, priceless! Salamat! See you again soon.

Room Tip: 1 BR Suite so roomy & cozy
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Discovery_Leisure_Co, General Manager at Discovery Suites Manila, Philippines, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Cyrene V,

Greetings from Discovery Suites! I would like to thank you for sharing positive feed back about our hotel in Tripadvisor. We are also very grateful that you have been recommending us to your friends and colleagues. This is the best testimony for us and I am sure that our staff will be very happy and inspired knowing that we have delighted yet, another guest. We hope that we will have the pleasure of having you stay with us in the very near future.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

My husband treated me to an overnight stay at the Discovery Suites for my birthday. We arrived a little past 3pm and check-in was fast. Since we brought our car, we were happy to know that they offered complimentary parking for one vehicle.

We stayed in the Serendipity Junior Suite. It had a queen bed, a small living room, a refrigerator and a microwave oven. There was an LCD TV. The sound system - a cassette player - was clearly outdated. They had an iPod dock but no lightning connector so the newer Apple devices cannot be used on this. WiFi was free and fast.

The bathroom was clean and the toiletries provided were pleasant-smelling. There was bubble bath and salt scrub for use in the tub. Water pressure and temperature in the shower were excellent. It would have been nicer, though, if they had an anti-slip mat and bathrobes available.

For dinner, we wanted to try their restaurant, 22 Prime. It is considered one of the best places for steak in Manila. When we tried to make dinner reservations, we were told that the place was fully-booked already. But when we told them that there was just 2 of us, they agreed to set up a table in the upper area (which was part of the Serendipity Lounge, if I'm not mistaken). Our table was placed by the window, giving us a wonderful view of Ortigas at night.

We loved our stay at the Discovery Suites and would love to return.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gafrancomd

Dear gafrancomd,

I hope you will not mind that I begin this response with a belated "Happy Birthday" greeting.

I would like to thank you and your husband for celebrating the occasion in Discovery Suites, and the very nice comments about our restaurant, 22 Prime. You could not chosen a better venue for a romantic dinner date because of our chic setting and its panoramic view.

We have also taken note of your comments about our iPod dock and music players, although plans are really underway to update key features in all our suites..

We hope that you will continue to make Discovery Suites the venue for your important milestones. If you have any special requests pertaining to a future celebration or ocasion that you may have at our hotel, just let us know and our team will work with you to make it all happen.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Discovery suites is one of those awesome hotels with world class amenities...loved my stay with them. The food from Restaurant 5 is AWESOME... You have to check out this hotel. Friendly attendants, comfortable suites. Just awesome

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank raziel0408
Discovery_Leisure_Co, General Manager at Discovery Suites Manila, Philippines, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Raziel0408,

Greetings from Discovery Suites. I would like to personally thank you for that very brief yet generous review. We are so glad that you had an "awesome" time with us. That's music to our ears and I am sure that our staff will appreciate your comments. This will only make us harder to achieve a greater level of service and guest satisfaction. We hope to see more of you here at Discovery Suites.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

it was a wonderful experienced celebrating my special day there. It ws my first time and i must say that there is where i feel like i was just staying at my own place.every staffs who served me as well as my frnds are all awesome!everything was perfect,the food the room,the cleanliness and the cozyness ,the facilities esp the friendliness of the staffs.i salute this place as everyone here made me feel like i am just home.thank you for making my stay a memorable one..

Room Tip: corner suites
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Reighn G

Dear Reighn G.,

Greetings from Discovery Suites!

We appreciate your very kind words about our property! It is so wonderful to read get direct feedback from very satisfied guests. Please allow me to share this post with the staff. I am sure this will inspire them further in delivering the best service. Your post tells us that our guests are noticing and are very appreciative of the hard work they are doing.

We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed at Discovery Suites in March and April for over 3 weeks. It was a pleasant stay. The accomodation and services were good.

On the good things - the room was clean and well furnished, the location is in Ortigas business district, and staff is courteous and helpful.

Some of the things that I didn't like much - the rooms are not well lit (particularly for me - since I prefer brigther surroundings), views from some of the rooms is just the building next door and vegetarian food options in restuarant are very limited.

With the sudio apartments having a well equipped kitchen, large sitting and dining area in most rooms, I am sure Discovery is a place I liked and will go back to. Just hoping that they could do something - which can get rooms lil more brighter. Also, would love to see some more Vegetarion choices on the menu.

Room Tip: I stayed in 602 the last time and I liked the room, as comapred to other corner rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Saurabh_Kamdar

Dear Saurabh_R_K,

Greetings from Discovery Suites and many thanks for your posting your review in Tripadvisor.

We are happy to know that you find our rooms ideal for those in the city for business. Thank you for citing the cleanliness and overall-maintenance of our suite. With regard to your comment about the not-so-ideal lighting in our accommodations, we are pleased to inform you that our brand new Serendipity rooms will suit your preference for bright spaces. Our color scheme optimizes natural light, and the furnishings and accessories provide nice, relaxing and bright-colored accents. We also have a lot of rooms offering great views of the city. If ever you are planning to return to Manila, please consider booking at Discovery Suites again and ask about our newly-renovated Serendipity suites with a view.

Your suggestion to have a vegetarian menu is well-appreciated and will be brought to the attention of our Executive Chef.

Leeds Trompeta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasig
Marco Polo Ortigas Manila
Joy Nostalg Manila Managed by AccorHotels
Ace Hotel & Suites
Ace Hotel & Suites
#5 of 22 in Pasig

Been to Discovery Suites Manila, Philippines? Share your experiences!