“I will be back next time im in Pasig”
Review of Astoria Plaza

Astoria Plaza
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Pasig
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Check in
Arrived early like 4am early, they gave us a upgrade in the 2 bedroom with a full kitchen until our regular room was ready. I loved that room it was nice with lots of space.

When our regular room was ready I was surprised how nice it was. 22nd floor overlooking the BSA Twin Towers. At night time the view was amazing.

The hotel is local to many malls but don't travel during rush hour, it's be much quicker to just walk. But we took the taxi pretty much everywhere.

Service was top notch, staff were very friendly and very helpful.

Stayed for a little under a week, would stay there again. I like the condo feel to the place and it's pretty close to malls and stuff. There's also a mini shop place downstairs open 24/7 if u need to buy small stuff and drinks.

The breakfast in house was pretty good too. Only thing is u have to eat it downstairs, I would have liked the option to have it bed but that's just me.

Checkout was smooth, I'd stay there again if I'm in Pasig.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 30 April 2013

We stayed here with my parents in a two bedroom two bathroom suite. The room was lovely and big enough for the 4 of us. Very clean and the service of the rooms was excellent. Kitchen and living area were nice and big. My parents stay here every year when they visit family. There is also a TV in each bedroom. The staff were excellent in every way and always had a smile on their faces. We went down to the bar one night to have crispy pata and drinks which was our first time and it was amazing! Allan in the bar who has worked there for 12 years was very professional and very good at what he does. He was very attentive. We went to the bar on a separate occasion and they had live entertainment. The hotel is a great location for shopping and it has a shuttle which runs for free to the malls on request. We booked a private drive to go and see the volcano. This was the highlight of our trip. Glen who was our driver was very friendly. It seems that the hotel book their staff to do all kinds of drives requested should you wish to go somewhere. The breakfast was absolutely amazing. The staff were so attentive and the range of food and the selection was incredible. We love Pilipino food and we really enjoyed the range and quality they had each morning. It was always different and there is someone to cook your eggs to your liking. The staff always knew what we were dirking in the mornings. If you love bubble tea there is a milky tea next door which is awesome. The spa is under renovations when we wanted to go, hopefully next time. Thanks everyone for a great stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SarahJReviews
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I had a double room suite shared with 3 frends and it was amazing
wide living room with a full kitchen, one king size bedded room and a queen size bedded room with two bathroom, an oofice area beside the livingroom with computer... great !
Breakfast as well is 5 stars with a great choice of cold and hot plates... even a minute maid station.
Then the service is is really kind and helpfull
higly recommended !

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paolo P
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed here and used 'our mini break'(w/c comes as a freebie if you're an Astoria Club member) first,I had to upgrade our rppm from deluxe to 2 bedroom suites w/c I paid 7k more for 2 nights stay.the rooms were not bad,air conditions were all working though I had to asked for a technician coz it seems that remote control isn't working but the technician fixed it at once.we did not try the buffet coz I've tried it before and I'm not sure if my kids would love their buffet so we just bought our food outside.The staffs esp. in the customer service weren't trained enough coz I was made to wait several minutes because she keeps on coming back and repeatedly making mistakes on the charges regarding my room upgrade.same thing happened when I checked out I was made to wait again for several minutes by the staff from front desk (Ms. Jubi) What's wrong with you people?It's a simple computations and you're not getting it right I had to asked the staff to change it which prolonged my waiting...again....And also internet connections were bad it becomes better when its already late at night and limited to a certain areas only(dining area,living area).

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank dengski68
Reviewed 8 April 2013

From check-in to check-out, everything went perfectly fine! We had a 1 BR unit which accommodated my husband and I and also my daughter and her husband plus a baby! They provided us with an extra cot and also a crib for the baby! The staff were all pleasant and courteous and ever- willing to cater to our needs! When my daughter and husband needed transport to the airport, Cromwell from the Bell services, went out of his way to provide it even if it meant staying after his night shift. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone !

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Floramon
Reviewed 9 March 2013

I would say that the valet staff, and the dining room staff were the most memorable out of all the staff I encountered at Astoria. They were very friendly, and accomodating. Our usual friendly valet staff consisted of Jan, Joel, Erich, and the dining room staff were Renz, Vic and Ana, during the fabulouse breakfast buffet hours. Our cleaning person was Fred, who was also very nice and accomodating with our needs.

I arranged for a 3-hour driver and car, which to me was reasonable (US $50), given that it included a nice car, gas, and a very pleasant driver (Jan). By the end of our trip, Jan was like a close family member.

The rooms were large, spacious and clean. Beds were comfortable. Bathrooms were clean.

We had no problem with the shuttle service, which ran on time, during our whole stay.

All in all, I would recommend Astoria for its great value, and friendly staff. Wished there were more eating places close by though, other than the Red Ribbon across the street, and Korean restaurants alongside Astoria. Also wished lunch and dinner menu would change once in a while. SO, we took a shuttle to the Mega Mall daily to get to the best restaurants and shopping at SM.

Room Tip: Ask for 2 bedroom corner suites.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 March 2013

February of this year our grandmother passed away. My sister and I arranged a last minute trip to the Philippines and chose to stay at the Astoria; our parents have been loyal customers even before the building was finished. The plan was to stay for three days and two nights.
The breakfast buffet was good, however, the dining room was swarmed with servers which left little room to actual diners. They watch you eat and don't let you finish before they ask to take it away. I had to maneuver my way out of the room, dodging a dozen servers before I reached the doors.
My sister and I had to book an extra night. They told us we had go online and book through asiatravel if we wanted to purchase one more night for the same rate; about $40 cheaper. Luckily I brought my iPad and they advertise free wifi! By the second night of trying to connect they tell me wifi is down on our floor. We go down to the business center to go online. They tell us they charge by the minute.
Astoria offers complimentary shuttle service to the local malls. We put our names down to get picked up at 2pm. We waited 45 minutes for a shuttle that never came and ended up having to take a taxi, that had cockroaches, back to the hotel. We asked what went wrong and how come we got left at the mall. The associate told us our names were on the list, unfortunately no driver was assigned to pick us up. Imagine our frustration when we look at 12 associates standing behind the front desk not doing anything and not 1 was assigned to pick us up. To compensate for their incompetence they offered a whopping $10 off our shuttle ride back to the airport. We relied on their shuttle service because it's not safe for visitors who aren't native to the Philippines.
I work at a hotel and hospitality is why hotels even exist. Don't expect that from the Astoria. If you plan on staying at the Astoria be prepared to deal with annoyingly overly polite incompetent airheads. And be prepared to arranged for a ride back if you plan on using their shuttle service. THEY WILL LEAVE YOU.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family